Birth of Princess Lalla Khadija: February 28, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mubarak :)
I guess it's a baby girls boom ? Lets wait and see what the rest of the pregnant princesses all over the world will give birth to.
congrats :)

Congratulations to the Royal couple. Beautiful historical name for a beautiful baby. King Dad seems to be very happy showing off his little princess to the cameras even when the baby is not enjoying so many flash cameras on her.
Any pictures of the crown prince meeting his baby sister?

According to tel quel which is a reliable source in Morocco, the baby girl was named after her grand-mother's name (lalla salma's mother was not named Naima, but Khadija). TelQuel : Le Maroc tel qu'il est
Click on "Edito"

All the best to the Family and to the little Princess :flowers: :flowers:

Waw,didn't know that the baby would born already,and the moroccan royals were too quick introducing her only couple of hours after her birth.....she's
such a cutie pie:wub: ,personally I like a lot the name,it sounds good in both arabic and english/french.....and I like people who keep in touch with their origins and history.

Congrats to the happy parents.

their first baby had name of his grand-dad, hassan died in 1999. it's ok since the boy is expected to be one day a king.

now, the girl a name after her grand-mom who died long time ago, to commemorate the dead.
personally, i don't like parents giving name to babies after died ppl. each had his own life. then, why give a name of died person in the family to a new birth :cool: giving khadija name to the baby doesn't help to bring back her mom :wacko:

zineb said:
giving khadija name to the baby doesn't help to bring back her mom :wacko:

No it doesn't, but it honors her moms life!

zineb said:
their first baby had name of his grand-dad, hassan died in 1999. it's ok since the boy is expected to be one day a king.

now, the girl a name after her grand-mom who died long time ago, to commemorate the dead.
personally, i don't like parents giving name to babies after died ppl. each had his own life. then, why give a name of died person in the family to a new birth :cool: giving khadija name to the baby doesn't help to bring back her mom :wacko:

Your last remark is completely inappropriate Zineb

I read that the name of Salma's mother was Naima, not khadidja

clymène said:
Your last remark is completely inappropriate Zineb
why is it inappropriate? :angel:
did u really believe that name bring back her mon? innocent then :)
ok, read it in "between lines" way, as we say in arabic :) giving a name of died person doesn't help to bring back the past or something similar
u like it or not, appropriate or not, it's my own opinion ;)

KHADIJA
Usage: Arabic Other Scripts: خديجة (Arabic)
Means "premature child" in Arabic. This was the name of the Prophet Muhammad's first wife and the mother of all of his children. She was the first person to convert to Islam.

zineb said:

Well, we are all named after someone, right? :)
Even when the name is a mix of two or more names, it still signifies something special for the parents. In the case of royals, a few more things must be taken into consideration since each royal child is of historical importance for the dynasty.
We might not realize it now, at present time, but when our generation is gone the one that replaces us might (or might not) read about these royal kids in the same place many of us learned more about them, in the history books.
And Princess Khadija is one beautiful name. Hope as she grows old her name is associated with great things for her family and her country so many more girls will be named after her. :flowers:

None of us know for sure why the princess was given the name Khadija, only the parents are privy to that information, unless ofcourse they make it public. While everyone is free to comment on the new princess's name, please make sure that you dont indulge in the sort of speculation that might generate a needless and offensive argument.

Thank You

Humera
Royal Family of Morocco Moderator

Congrats to both the parents I hope we see more pictures of the baby and Salma soon!

the christening will be the next week

Congrats to the royal couple. A baby is always a blessing.

clymène said:
According to tel quel which is a reliable source in Morocco, the baby girl was named after her grand-mother's name (lalla salma's mother was not named Naima, but Khadija). TelQuel : Le Maroc tel qu'il est
Click on "Edito"

You can read this:
S.M le Roi Mohammed VI prend pour épouse Lalla Salma Bennani ... La fille de Haj Abdelhamid Bennani et de la défunte Naïma Bensouda
Maroc Hebdo International
Le Maroc fête les fiançailles de M6 : M6 se fiance - Maroc - Afrique
Index of /royalark/Morocco

Last edited:
Congratulations to Lala Salma and His Majesty!

corazon said:
the christening will be the next week

There is NO CHRISTENING.
Morocco is a moslim country.

Moulay Al-Hassan was Christened, in a Muslim Christening, or Naming Ceremony.

I have a little question. What does the word "Lalla" means? And gratulations with the little princess :flowers:

betina said:
I have a little question. What does the word "Lalla" means? And gratulations with the little princess :flowers:

Lalla means Lady ;)

Silly question but why are there no pictures of the baby from the christening? Why just her dad and her brother? Is it a christening or is just making the birth official and filling in a birth certificate?

When the prince was born we had pictures of his mother. I don't know why, but I'm sure a lot f other pictures were taken, but the press just didn't publish them.

Maybe Lalla Salma doesn't feel up to facing the cameras yet. She just did give birth about a week ago.

u maybe right linda85. and did u see (in the video) baby khadija was bit excited with camera flash. imo they were quick to introduce her, few hours after her birth.
maybe they prefer to post picture of parents with baby khadija and hassan in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom