A name for King Mohammed and Lalla Salma’s second baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TANINA for a girl, AGHILES for a boy
I think that they could give Berber forenames; it would be nice, because in many regions in Morocco, sectarian administration refuses these forenames

rosa said:
I think that they could give Berber forenames; it would be nice, because in many regions in Morocco, sectarian administration refuses these forenames

It's a very subtle idea Rosa, and these forenames are beautiful
Princess Tanina or Prince Aghiles, it's wonderful
But unfortunately, I doubt that the royal couple will have this beautiful gesture

loubna2 said:
It's a very subtle idea Rosa, and these forenames are beautiful
Princess Tanina or Prince Aghiles, it's wonderful
But unfortunately, I doubt that the royal couple will have this beautiful gesture

Very good idea !! :wub:
but they could prefer Noufel for a boy and Nezha, Naima or Zohra for a girl

Sulahadin for a Boy and Roshanah for a Girl:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Roshanah means distinctions of light.

loubna2 said:
choose a forename for M6 and Salma's second baby
if a boy: a name of an old alaouite monarch, youssef, abdallah or ali
if a girl: aicha, keltoum or safia

I mostely think that Salma is pregnant of a girl,for the name I don't know.

As for a boy,I think it would be as Zineb said,a name of an old alaouite monarch,Youssef is a great name.

Roshanah not moroccan.
Salahdin, too old fashioned!
Zohra very old fashioned too!
Tanita impossible
Aghiles also impossible
they'll choose very classical moroccan names: if a boy, i'll tend to say the name of an old alaouite monarch as some of you hae said. If a girl it will be something very classical such as Kenza, Ghita, Yasmine, Abla, Meryem, Leila, Zineb...

It mightn't be maroccan but has a beautiful meaning and would positively define the childs character.

clymène said:
Roshanah not moroccan.
Tanita impossible
Aghiles also impossible
they'll choose very classical moroccan names: if a boy, i'll tend to say the name of an old alaouite monarch as some of you hae said. If a girl it will be something very classical such as Kenza, Ghita, Yasmine, Abla, Meryem, Leila, Zineb...
:flowers:

Of course it's a beautiful meaning, but it's not moroccan, and there's no reason to call a moroccan baby with a froreign name, especially when you're the king!!!

yes, i agree. the name of the baby in royal family :king: will be a classical one.
if a baby girl, they will pick for her a name of prophet mohamed's daughters, wives .. or something related. that what i noticed for women in moroccan royal family.
if a boy, as i said, will be a name of an old alaouite monarch or perhaps a name of prophet mohamed friends, omar, aboubakr, othmane ..

rosa said:

i's a very good idea rosa:flowers: , and these forenames are very beautiful, but I don't think that the royal couple will give at their baby a berber name, especially that lalla salma is from Fez
to answer at the question of the thread, and since unfortunately,Berber names are very improbable, I would say
Zahra for a girl and Tarik (as Tarik Ibn Ziyad the Berber Muslim Hero) for a boy

Last edited:
clymène said:
Roshanah not moroccan.
Tanita impossible
Aghiles also impossible

why impossible Tanina and Aghiles or another Berber fornames?
most moroccan people are berber, and it would be normal that a Moroccan prince or princess has a berber one, what is strange is that no member of the MRF have this kind of fornames

rosa said:
why impossible Tanina and Aghiles or another Berber fornames?
most moroccan people are berber, and it would be normal that a Moroccan prince or princess has a berber one, what is strange is that no member of the MRF have this kind of fornames
i agree with u rosa. what's strange is not give this names to king's children.

i forgot to mention one probabilty, is to give a girl a name of previous monarch' wives as latifa, abla, yaaqout, raquia .. ;)

zineb said:
i agree with u rosa. what's strange is not give this names to king's children.

i forgot to mention one probabilty, is to give a girl a name of previous monarch' wives as latifa, abla, yaaqout, raquia .. ;)

it seems that MRF isn't very attached at Berber identity, too bad for them:rolleyes:
about the girl names that you give, I remember that Abla was given at lalla zeineb's daughter, no?

I can't guess for the name they will give the their child but there is some that I like.
boy: Ali or Abdullah
girl:Omnia(I hope it will be a girl:flowers: )

rosa said:
it seems that MRF isn't very attached at Berber identity, too bad for them:rolleyes:
about the girl names that you give, I remember that Abla was given at lalla zeineb's daughter, no?
i read here in forum, abla is name of zeineb's daughter.
i think the royal family choose names related to prophet mohamed to have that aspect of ''shorfa'' :cool: ;)

i think the royal family choose names related to prophet mohamed to have that aspect of ''shorfa'' :cool: ;)[/quote
]

what's ''shorfa"? do you mean "Al ashraf " that is being relatives of prophet Mohamed ?

If it will be girl!! why not to choose Kaoutar as a name :lol::lol:! don't you think that it's a beatiful name??

Abla is the name of zeineb's daughter; about latifa, I don't think that M6 will give his mother's name since she is still alive, perhaps Salma would like to give the name of her mother Naima,
About Berber names, I like :
For a girl: Tiziri and for a boy Yarmoracen
But it would be a miracle if they choose them; especially as said isis that Salma is from Fez, I don't think that she will accept a Berber name for her baby, since she isn't Berber
They gave at their first child the name of his grandfather, as did H2 with his first son, and probably, in the same, for their second, they won't be original, and they will choose a name that was used in the MRF

sabiha said:
Abla is the name of zeineb's daughter; about latifa, I don't think that M6 will give his mother's name since she is still alive, perhaps Salma would like to give the name of her mother Naima,
About Berber names, I like :
For a girl: Tiziri and for a boy Yarmoracen
But it would be a miracle if they choose them; especially as said isis that Salma is from Fez, I don't think that she will accept a Berber name for her baby, since she isn't Berber
They gave at their first child the name of his grandfather, as did H2 with his first son, and probably, in the same, for their second, they won't be original, and they will choose a name that was used in the MRF

For Moulay el Hassan, they hesitate a lot between HASSAN and YOUSSEF, so if the baby will a boy, may be they'll finally choose Youssef

and if it's a girl I thnik they will choose an old name from the King's family

ikram said:
For Moulay el Hassan, they hesitate a lot between HASSAN and YOUSSEF,

and finally they choose Hassan, I hope that when moulay el hassan will have a son he don't give him the name of his father, it would be boring, hassan, mohamed, hassan, mohamed.......etc;)

Hamza for a boy ?
Yasmine for a girl ?

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Youssef for a boy
Hajar for a girl

As far as I know,there have been some berber dynasties in Morocco,and none of their members took berber names,so why u want Salma's and MVI's baby to do.

Salomé said:
As far as I know,there have been some berber dynasties in Morocco,and none of their members took berber names,so why u want Salma's and MVI's baby to do.

because when these berber dynasties had the power, none deny the berber identity of Moroccan people, and to give arab names was a symbol of the attachement of these dynasties at the islam
but, now in Morocco, it isn't the case, for example in many regions, administration don't acdept berber name and the berber culture is the poor parent in morocco
if M6 and Salma give a berber name for their child it would be a good politician gesture to say the two identities berber and arab are equal in morocco
but I am sure that they will don't do it, because none of the two is enough subtle to have this kind of idea:rolleyes:

I think that Issue is more Complicated:
cuz from 5 berbers that you meet there is only Half one how have a berbe name and really I don't know why cuz there is a lot of beautiful berbers name(yanir,yoghrta,jopa...),I have a berber friend his name is massinissa and this name wasn't his native name he have an arabic one before he change it.so the question is why the berber ppl don't give to thier children a berber name??it's because off administration like rosa said??I don't think so,my friend didn't have any problems to change his name.and if we said that's a problem of administration in morocco why the berbers who live in Abroad don't give a berber name to there children I think they have more freedom to do it there!! we have to know that in morocco there is not 100% berber familly or 100% arabic familly, in every berber familly there is arabic member(uncl,Grandfather,Grandma..)or berber one in arabic familly and we have to addmit that berber name are not used in morocco.
if lalla salma and m6 give her child a berber name, yes I agree with rosa it will be a nice gesture,but there is more than one berber tribein country:rif,sous,ait atta... choose a name from one tribe will not be Admired by the other and ppl will said why he choose name from rif not sous..and other they will just think why he will do that when he can give his child an arbic and muslim name wich most the berbers have.
if they give a berber name to there baby that very nice if no it's not big deal.
at least why Blame ppl for not doing things that ppl who suppose to do don't do it.
and rosa berber and arab ppl are equal in morocco.they have the same Rights, thet same Duties, the same problems and the same hope.

Last edited:
rosa said:
because when these berber dynasties had the power, none deny the berber identity of Moroccan people, and to give arab names was a symbol of the attachement of these dynasties at the islam
but, now in Morocco, it isn't the case, for example in many regions, administration don't acdept berber name and the berber culture is the poor parent in morocco
if M6 and Salma give a berber name for their child it would be a good politician gesture to say the two identities berber and arab are equal in morocco
but I am sure that they will don't do it, because none of the two is enough subtle to have this kind of idea:rolleyes:

Subtle? Do you know them personnaly to say that?!

shrifia said:
I think that Issue is more Complicated:
cuz from 5 berbers that you meet there is only Half one how have a berbe name and really I don't know why cuz there is a lot of beautiful berbers name(yanir,yoghrta,jopa...),I have a berber friend his name is massinissa and this name wasn't his native name he have an arabic one before he change it.so the question is why the berber ppl don't give to thier children a berber name??it's because off administration like rosa said??I don't think so,my friend didn't have any problems to change his name.and if we said that's a problem of administration in morocco why the berbers who live in Abroad don't give a berber name to there children I think they have more freedom to do it there!! we have to know that in morocco there is not 100% berber familly or 100% arabic familly, in every berber familly there is arabic member(uncl,Grandfather,Grandma..)or berber one in arabic familly and we have to addmit that berber name are not used in morocco.
if lalla salma and m6 give her child a berber name, yes I agree with rosa it will be a nice gesture,but there is more than one berber tribein country:rif,sous,ait atta... choose a name from one tribe will not be Admired by the other and ppl will said why he choose name from rif not sous..and other they will just think why he will do that when he can give his child an arbic and muslim name wich most the berbers have.
if they give a berber name to there baby that very nice if no it's not big deal.
at least why Blame ppl for not doing things that ppl who suppose to do don't do it.
and rosa berber and arab ppl are equal in morocco.they have the same Rights, thet same Duties, the same problems and the same hope.

I agree with everything you said. There's no need to attack the king for not respecting or loving or paying a tribute to the berber culture, for his own mother, Lalla Latifa, is of berber origin. Thus HE is berber.

I think that if the king and Salma choose a berber name,it will look just fake like if they are trying to proof something,as Berbers themselves now and from previous berber dynasties use calssic arab names.

I know many barber people here from Morocco and Algeria,the impression that I have is that the Moroccan berbers are just Moroccans and don't have any feeling to be out of the moroccan culture or to be ignored,inlike some Algerian berber kabyles who tries hardly to show that they are something other and different than the rest of Algerians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom