Ukrainian Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
II Congress of Ukrainian Monarchists

Next Congress will take place in Lviv on 28-29 April 2012 ...
If somebody would like to come, please contact the organizational committee

Attachments

• IIC.JPG
    IIC.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 691
  • UA-C.JPG
    UA-C.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 432
GD Maria Wladimirovna is not invited for this meeting, but there will be present some representatives of Russian monarchist movement and Imperial house of Romanov

I'm glad you said that,Spasowski. About Maria, I mean. I'm also glad to hear there will be monarchists and other representitives of the Imperial Family of Russia at the meeting. After reading about Ukraine, I've always thought of it as an interesting place which deserves its own Imperial Family if its people want it.

Ukrainian Royalty returns to Ukraine

This year there is the return of one of our Royal Families to Ukraine to promote justice and freedom for all Ukrainian people for the 2012 Elections.
It has taken a long time for this to occur and finally it is happening.
After much debate and proof of ownership and direct lineage the Doroschenko Family will be arriving in Ukraine in 2012.
Hidden from the World for 200 years, hunted down and almost exterminated by the Russian authorities, the direct descendants of this family will be returning with their royal standards and set them to fly over Chyryhyn Fortress once again.
Grand Crown Prince Petro Doroschenko's bloodline was never extinguished as thought, it merely had to hide away, marrying other royals in secret until such a time when Ukraine was free to self-govern.
The Family gave Hetman Polubutok 50000 gold ducats along with the Mazepa(Hetman Ivan Mazepa went to Yarapolch in secret before he was Hetman to visit Grand Crown Prince Petro Doroschenko and be guided by him as he was when he ruled Ukraine ans was an officer in the House Regiments) and Khemelnytsky families the the 1700's to be made safe to help Ukraine in such a time, but the English banks still have not returned the money to these families as yet so it may be used to further the education and advancement of Ukraine for all they that are honest and true to the country.
The estate and principality of Yarapolch that Grand Crown Prince Petro Doroschenko lived on will be a sought restitution by the Family from Russia in time.
There is so much of Ukraine history that has been covered up that will be brought to light, now that the darkness has cleared a lot.
You have discussed Polish Hetmans, but did you know that once that office was granted by the Tsar, it could NOT be rescinded by him in any way as the office was for life and that is how Jan Sobieski (Hetman,5 February 1668) became the Polish King with that power on 2 February 1676 and was elected King after the death of Michael 1st shortly before.
Ukrainian's had Grand Crown Princes rather than Kings or Queens because to them those titles in countries around them represented subjugation and oppression and repression of the people, and freedom loving Ukrainians did not want that.
Watch the news for the return of the Doroschenko Family to the Ukraine and I urge all loyal Ukranians to support them and the Klitchko brothers УДАР Віталія Кличка Party for a free Ukraine in October 2012. Slava Ukrainia !!!

there was also the Hantel family, which moved to Ukraine from Germany in 1800s and was in control of ukrainian navy in WWII

But the Ukraine can become a monarchy?

:previous:
Any country can change its political institutions to become a constitutional or absolute monarchy but it is unlikely that Ukraine will do so in the forseeable future.

The Cossack Hetmanate, the precursor of what we know as Ukraine, was established in 1648 and lasted until 1775. By that date the territory had been carved up between Poland, Austria and Russia. There was no dominant local dynasty of former rulers who could carry the torch during the Russian subjugation so when independence finally came, there was no Ukrainian monarchical tradition or royal family to claim it.

Sophia of Minsk

Sophia of Minsk/Sophia of Polotsk/Sofija Vladimirovna (1140 – 1198)

Sophia was the daughter of Richeza of Poland. Some sources say her was Prince Volodar of Minsk others say Prince Vladimir of Halicz was her father.

She married Valdemar the Great, King of Denmark.

I wonder if any of you good people know more about her. I have tried various sources with some success. Sadly all sources in Ukrainian and I have no working knowledge of the Ukrainian language.

Here'e a link to Queen Sophia's tomb in Saint Bendt's Church in Ringsted, Denmark.
Dronning Sophia

Sophia of Minsk/Sophia of Polotsk/Sofija Vladimirovna (1140 – 1198)

Sophia was the daughter of Richeza of Poland. Some sources say her was Prince Volodar of Minsk others say Prince Vladimir of Halicz was her father.

She married Valdemar the Great, King of Denmark.

I wonder if any of you good people know more about her. I have tried various sources with some success. Sadly all sources in Ukrainian and I have no working knowledge of the Ukrainian language.

Here'e a link to Queen Sophia's tomb in Saint Bendt's Church in Ringsted, Denmark.
Dronning Sophia

You can read more on her here

Sophia of Minsk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks An Ard Ri

I already tried Wiki in every language known to me. :) I was hoping to discover more about Sophia's Ukrainian origin.

Ukrainian Royals

I have several ancestors who were Grand Prince or the like in my family tree. One has to remember, that there accounted kingdoms and Principalities during the course of Ukrainian history. I am no talking about small tow and three county sized states, either. Some of the ruling families were in the period just after the fall of Rome, and others were several centuries down the pike; some of which are Viking in origin. Just as other European Royal Families have loss power, they have NOT lost their status nor is their blood any less royal that it was.

There is a no difference between a reigning royal family and a non reigning royal family except the "reigning" part - the royal remains the same as does the rights, courtesies and status as a member of the "Royal Families Club". Thus, anyone with such ancestry from the Ukraine HAS royal blood in them.

Hello,

There is a story in my family that my great,great ,great grandmother was part of the Ukrainian royal family. She was exiled from her family after marrying a commoner who was most likely a court musician. Their names were Theodore Stechynsky and Anastasia Korolina. I can't find any information on them and don''t know where to start. I know that the church that has some records in Peremyshl, Poland have been sealed by the bishop.

Hello,

There is a story in my family that my great,great ,great grandmother was part of the Ukrainian royal family. She was exiled from her family after marrying a commoner who was most likely a court musician. Their names were Theodore Stechynsky and Anastasia Korolina. I can't find any information on them and don''t know where to start. I know that the church that has some records in Peremyshl, Poland have been sealed by the bishop.

Hello Annalisem, I am Pleased to read this post. Presently i do not know of any pretenders to the Kievan Rus but i am one of the descendants of Saint Olga and Saint Anna of Kievan Rus. I would love to talk about this with you. If you do have time then Message me.

Hello Shaikhatif, thank-you for your reply. Your family history sounds very interesting. I have been researching the Kievan Rus and the Hetman as well since I read your reply to see if there are any links with my Ukrainian ancestors.

Hello Shaikhatif, thank-you for your reply. Your family history sounds very interesting. I have been researching the Kievan Rus and the Hetman as well since I read your reply to see if there are any links with my Ukrainian ancestors.
Hello Annalisem , I’m delighted to receive your reply,, could you tell me which Royal Household you are descended from ?

I don’t know which royal household yet. My uncle and I are doing research to try and figure this out as the family who knew more have passed away.

I don’t know which royal household yet. My uncle and I are doing research to try and figure this out as the family who knew more have passed away.

Okay , so wheather you are descendant of the Kievan Rus or Hetman, you will have to go through church records , government archives, historic records, Land Ownership records etc . There are about hundreds and even thousands of Rurikids around even today who don’t have their family tree but are identified as Rurikid by others because of family legends, historic legends. You could give me which period of time you are considering. I will be delighted and thrilled if we find an ancestral connection.

Hello,

Going through this it seems you could be a Rurikid blood and that there is a possibility of us being related

I would love to share the info with you soon as you get time, we had a family tree, and old hand written book of family legends and narrations all of which is compiled in a bettwe and more modern form just for family.

Going through this it seems you could be a Rurikid blood and that there is a possibility of us being related

I would be very interested to know if we were related. From the information that I do have, I would estimate that Anastasia Korolina lived late 1700’s or early 1800’s. I have 3 different spellings of her first name in our family tree Anastasia, Anastasia, Anasthesia. Anastasia Korolina married a Theodore Stechynsky and their daughter Olena married a Dmytro Ozubko. They had my great grandfather Ivan Ozubko and lived in Stubno, Peremyshl, Galicia, Austria in 1877.

we are related; tentatively

I would be very interested to know if we were related. From the information that I do have, I would estimate that Anastasia Korolina lived late 1700’s or early 1800’s. I have 3 different spellings of her first name in our family tree Anastasia, Anastasia, Anasthesia. Anastasia Korolina married a Theodore Stechynsky and their daughter Olena married a Dmytro Ozubko. They had my great grandfather Ivan Ozubko and lived in Stubno, Peremyshl, Galicia, Austria in 1877.

Considering this Information and My Ancestral History, i am able to believe that we are related through Yaroslav the wise, Rurik. The information that you have so far points that you are a descendant of Dmytro Dedko making you a blood of the Ostrogski Family which makes you a descendant of Iziaslav Yaroslavich whereas i am descending from Vladimir. this I say on the Basis of the Information that you have given that show a connection to the family by way of Church and Geographic location and History.

Back
Top Bottom