Turkey: The Ottoman Empire - House of Osman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello i want to tell about the last big royal wedding at the ottoman empire. Prince Sehzade Ömer farouk Efendi ( son of the last caliph Abdulmejit) fellt in love to Princess Sabiha Sultan ( daughther of The last Sutan Mehmed VI). They were 2nd Cousin. The imperial family the fathers dont want that. they weres cousins that is not possible. But then they wered okd. The wedding was very big. The wedding tooks place at yildiz palace. The wedding gown was made from a famous designer from Paris.
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam

where is my post about the wedding of prince ömer faruk and princess sabiiha?

Thank you sancakli70 for your posts. Which members lives in Turkey? And the other members where lives they?

Thank you sancakli70 for your posts. Which members lives in Turkey? And the other members where lives they?

They live in Turkey ( Ürincesd Nilhan Sultan, prince orhan, Prince osman and Prince Abdulhamid an their families)
Some members lives in England ( Prince Murad, Prince Selim, Princess Ayshe, Prince Nazim, Princess Nermine Zoe, Prince Mahmud Francis and their Families...)
Prince Orhan seladdine and his sisters lives in Libanon...
And Princess Margot Leila, Princess Iskra, Prince Daniel Kadir his brother and their families lives in austria.
Prince Selim djem and princess Nilufer in switzerland.

Hi :flowers:
Suleyman is touched because she chooses to be a muslim, but being muslim is not the sign of freedom. Padishah needs to set her free because she is still a concubin. The thing is after being muslim she can not be with him without being married religiously. This is the trick. Lots of historians agree that she became muslim to get married to Suleyman but we can not be absolutely sure about that.
No Hurrem was not the first but she is the one in favour of Padishah and the one who converted. Not all concubins can be with Padishah, so not all convertions of concubins matter.

Valide Sultans are muslim but they are not particulary have a concubin origin. They may born in a muslim family. They are generaly daughters of noble families.

No you are right they can keep their religion, no one could ever force them to convert. Forcing someone to convert is against islamic belief. Besides, they are not that slaves, if they don't want to stay in palace they can asked to be married. They get married with high ranking soldiers or pashahs anytime they want.

Hurrem is the first concubin to be married to a Padishah but before Suleyman and Hurrem there are several Padishahs who got married. But they married with daughters of noble families not with concubins. Pretty complicated the Ottoman Empire :lol:

Hi Bonbon,

I realise you posted this a very long time ago so I hope you're still around.

I have a question about what you said above. Can I deduce from this that odalisques in the seraglio, or harem, were all non-Muslim and on that note, all slaves from other countries?

Some sources say that Mehmed's mother, Hüma Hatun, was such a woman, though other sources say she was from Anatolia, but my understanding from all my research is that she was of the seraglio.

Could you, or anyone else, please give me some clarification on this?

Many thanks.

Hi Bonbon,

I realise you posted this a very long time ago so I hope you're still around.

I have a question about what you said above. Can I deduce from this that odalisques in the seraglio, or harem, were all non-Muslim and on that note, all slaves from other countries?

Some sources say that Mehmed's mother, Hüma Hatun, was such a woman, though other sources say she was from Anatolia, but my understanding from all my research is that she was of the seraglio.

Could you, or anyone else, please give me some clarification on this?

Many thanks.
Hi,
i Know that the last 100 years the womens are from caucasus ( Muslim womans)

Thank you for responding. I'm focused most on the mid-15th Century, though, and my question relates to that period.

I am wondering Erdogan's presidency and Neo-Ottomanism will lead to a possibility of an Ottoman Sultanate/Kingdom of Turkey in the future. Although I think it would be more likely to be under the House of Erdogan or some new dynasty then a restored House of Osman. As much of a fan of the Osmans I am, I think they have been absent from Turkey for too long. Although I am concerned that in the possibility of a restored or new Turkish monarchy how would ethnic Kurds living in the nation react and would they go along with it.

-Frozen Royalist

Back
Top Bottom