Turkey: The Ottoman Empire - House of Osman

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
House of Erdogan? You are talking about creating a completely new royal house?

Why would they create a monarchy with the republican president as king? That would be like France becoming a monarchy and making the House of Macron?? What would be the point? No country is going to revert back to a monarch as the actual head of state. Figure head possibly, but governing. So why would you make a royal house based on the most recently elected president?

The point of a monarchy would be to carry on tradition. And tradition would be to reinstate the royal house.

Even if the Turks, including their Kurd population, wanted to restore a monarchy, wouldn't be very simple. The succession process in Turkey is not very clear cut.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_former_Ottoman_throne

This is based on agnatic seniority which was commonly practiced.

Well if the House of Osman was to regain their throne it wouldn't be that difficult to choose a monarch since the headship of the house seems to be passed along quite smoothly at the death of the former head. This is also a system of inheritance used in Saudi Arabia where the throne has been inherited between brothers since 1953. Regarding creating new monarchies, while I find it highly improbable, we have North Korea where a sort of quasi monarchical republican system have developed and have led to three generations of the same family ruling the country since the middle of the last century.

The info in this thread is valuable for my historical college essay. Lucky I am, That was worth reading for the brainstorming with my topic

Video from yesterday:
Decendendants of abdulhamid

Last edited:
Prince osman speaks about the live of an ottoman prince in english. Very interesting

Coming event:
Prince Orhan and Princess Nilhan will attent an event in Aydin,turkey. Aydin is a laizis City which people are atatürk fan. Its possiböe that turkey turns more and more fans of the dynasty.
Reklam - Aydın Denge Gazetesi

Prince Naz is certainly the funniest Ottoman ever. Let's hope he will visit more often his country.

I can read only articles in English or French and the article us in Turkish.
How popular are the Ottoman Princes in Turkey today?
Have you tried using Google translate? I use it more and more but instead of translating to Swedish which often gets a very bad result I translate from the original language to English. The result is often quite ok.

Google translate?
Infount currently about the dynasty only turkish news/links

Have any of the Turkish civic associations made any statement in favour of the restoration of Monarchy?

I dont think that there will be any restoration. Some members of the imperial family are very active in Turkey. They are regulary in events (weekly) on tv.
They have a good realationship wirh the presidents and are in statesprograms active.
The members have on socialmedia many follower. Some pilitics wants apanage for the members( 10000tl mounthly). Thos is on discuss.

I dont think that there will be any restoration. Some members of the imperial family are very active in Turkey. They are regulary in events (weekly) on tv.
They have a good realationship wirh the presidents and are in statesprograms active.
The members have on socialmedia many follower. Some pilitics wants apanage for the members( 10000tl mounthly). Thos is on discuss.

Any member of the Imperial House supports publicly the restoration?

Not public.... bu i think in the next time can be this possible..
Some members have a lot of support by the turkish people...

Back
Top Bottom