Talaith Aberffraw - the Royal House of Gwynedd and Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah but those families still exist today... and have been politically manipulated... excluding Catholics for example- namely the Stewarts. That is not including the constant challenges throughout the Wars of the Roses and the Tudors later on. There's that guy in Australia who has a better claim than the Queen... some would even say the Beaufort's do as Plantagenets.

No Welsh Prince or King has ever ruled the entirety of the British people... what is currently Wales sure... but Strathclyde still existed between 1050-1100 which seemed to still have its own King in 1054 at least - and at that time Cumbrians were very much the same people.

And again... unlike the English our King's... as in King's of the Briton's were elected by their peers.

I think Wales is going to be with a High King again. If an heir male line is down from Cunedda with no female breaks, the High King's Seat can be reestablished. I wish I knew the YDNA of King Cunedda.

Did you know Alt Clud is named for an Aeolian island? The Cymry are from there some.

Cymraeg is from an old language called Lukka or Lycian. This was one of the oldest Greek cultures. If one restores the gamma after the C, it is Cgmraeg. Cg means 'all together' according to the Luwian dictionary. The mraig part is from the settling of the Amyrgian culture during the late Bronze Age. We Morgans and also the Cymraeg (MRG) are named for them. They come from many parts of the Mediterranean Sea area. Most of the Cymry come from a mountain in the Anatolian Riviera called Mount Chimaera. They were mighty fighters. They were most mighty under King Priam when he wrested Troy or Wilusa from the Hatti. Across from Mount Chimaera is an island called Amorgos Island...the summer palace area of King Minos. King Minos settled Arcadia, an area South of the Pelopponese. The Morgans were the princes of Arcadia called the Oenotrians. They had ruled Calabria also (South Italy) since around 2000 B. C. The Cymry are the trading friends of our people forever. Morges and Amorges were names among our people. The two cultures have been blended so that most Cymry have Morgan blood. This information is coming together rapidly thanks to recent excavations of settlements of antiquity . The Y DNA Studies today are helping so much also.

During the time of Cyrus the Great a rapid second or third migration of our people went from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Epirus, Corfu, Calabria, Sicily and the Larian Lake ( Lake Como) (Cymraeg scholars will remember Ap Larian, an ancient king down from Morgan).

More than 500,000 people had to vacate Lydia and Lycia to make way for a new Persian Satrapy not conducive to remaining free. Our people had founded the system of democracy based on the polis (later refined by the Athenians). They hated being slaves.This system had self rule in the polis with an upper organization called a league. A king governed all. We have a cool most ancient history!

Just thought somebody out there might want to know about this Good information.

Last edited:
The First Clan Of Wales

Is it true that the first clan of Wales is Cunedda? I found that in an old book and wondered if it is consensus today?

They were most mighty under King Priam when he wrested Troy or Wilusa from the Hatti.

Going that far back into pre-history you get myth at best. It is interesting insofar as it informs what the Britons thought of themselves, but in order to (re-)create a monarchy? Nah, not useful at all.

I think Wales is going to be with a High King again. If an heir male line is down from Cunedda with no female breaks, the High King's Seat can be reestablished. I wish I knew the YDNA of King Cunedda.

Again, too far into pre-history and wishful thinking. Plus you need a sexy story to get people interested. We've either got die hard republicans (Plaid), Die hard Monarchists who love Liz, Charles, Wills and you're not going to convince either of those sets I don't think. So it's everyone else and to get them you need to give a convincing reason!

We know that the House of Aberffraw (and a few other Kingdoms) existed and theoretically a male (undisputed) line heir and possibly a female line (you can see from this thread that it's disputed) could possibly claim that it was there's by rights. It's been done before – see the Sir John Wynn.

It's a story that the we could grasp and appreciate; Llewellyn the Last killed by the English, his daughter imprisoned for life, his brother declared King and within 6 months captured and became the first person of noble blood to be hung, drawn and quartered. The English king offers our people a Prince of Wales who speaks no word of English and then presents his baby son, taking the piss out of us. The English Kings have always claimed ownership of the title “Prince of Wales” and given it to their heirs on this right of conquest, Charles took the House of Aberffraw's coat of arms as his own and put an English crown over it.

The House of Aberffraw were the last dynastic, native Royal House in Wales and ruled for over 700 years. One of their descendants claims it and it's sexy.

We know that Owain Glyndŵr fought a rebellion and controlled much of Wales. He's our William Wallace and Robin Hood rolled into one. Universities have been named after him, statues built and his coat of arms is seen at sports stadiums and a symbol of independence. Even republicans revere him. One of his descendants claims and it's sexy.

A welsh Lord or Baronet or something who's family has been posh and lived in a castle for a few hundred years is made King? Let's be honest, we'll probably forget he had no right to the title and it was an English king who made is ancestor Lord whatshisface. It's still sexy.

DNA test to show that you're in the male line of a possibly mythical person and your ancestors once ruled Troy? Not sexy, no resonance with your average man on the street either in the valleys, the cities or up north.

Plus, you're never going to find DNA tests that show decent from Cunedda as he has no known male line descendants. You'd need at least 2 known lines with no infidelity in order to find or verify others.

Is it true that the first clan of Wales is Cunedda? I found that in an old book and wondered if it is consensus today?

Not even close. Maybe they mean the pre-eminent royal house? In that case I'd say they may have a case.
Cunedda probably existed but some people think his name might have been given retrospectively and that it was a title. He (or the person/people he represents if he's a myth) came from within the Roman walls (or just outside on the Pict side) between 350-450 AD. The Romans used the space as a buffer state or a semi-autonomous province.

Cunedda's father, grandfather and great grandfather all had Roman names and were probably professional Roman soldiers, possibly of British decent. His grandfather was certainly a commander over part of the land past Hadrian's wall and the assumption is that command passed to his son and eventually his grandson Cunedda. It is possible that they were British chiefs who the Roman's tried to butter up by giving imperial rank, but unlikely IMO in that Cunedda's great-grandfather wasn't a Roman commander but still has a Latin name.

He travelled with a warband and drove a certain Irish/Pict tribe out of north Wales. There's also evidence of him fighting in South Wales (a hill name).

That's pretty much all we know. Geoffrey of Monmouth claimed a lot of other stuff, but you have to be really careful with him and assume that it's more likely to be fiction than fact.

There were already welsh tribes in Wales before Cunedda and they stayed after he settled. They were there when the Romans first invaded. No clans. Tribes and Royal Houses though.

Cunedda has Descendants in the Male Line

Cunedda has direct male line descendants amongst the Morgans. Abba Father has made them come down all the way from Noah. It is just a fabulous miracle and truth that the family exist at all.

We should be glad that the Cymry have kept such careful records. We would not have much respect for our family if we were not able to enjoy studying about them and how they have served God.

I believe the tears and bravery today should be counted as Joy. I believe the Saints of Wales in former generations have striven to speak the truth. Whatever any Country chooses as a form of government should be in Christ.

Did you know that America is named for Amerigo Vespucci, a descendant of Amorges, son of Italus, the Oenotrian Greek king who unified Italy? The Cymry came through Italy to Aquitaine to Dol to Wales. The Cymry were the Greeks who had swept into many cities of Italy, but especially a city called Velch. They coexisted with Etruscans, Romans, and others in the melting pot known as the Roman Empire. They married in with the Roman Emperors. Keeping pedigrees has made the historical tracings possible.

Cunedda has direct male line descendants amongst the Morgans. Abba Father has made them come down all the way from Noah. It is just a fabulous miracle and truth that the family exist at all.

We should be glad that the Cymry have kept such careful records. We would not have much respect for our family if we were not able to enjoy studying about them and how they have served God.

I believe the tears and bravery today should be counted as Joy. I believe the Saints of Wales in former generations have striven to speak the truth. Whatever any Country chooses as a form of government should be in Christ.

Did you know that America is named for Amerigo Vespucci, a descendant of Amorges, son of Italus, the Oenotrian Greek king who unified Italy? The Cymry came through Italy to Aquitaine to Dol to Wales. The Cymry were the Greeks who had swept into many cities of Italy, but especially a city called Velch. They coexisted with Etruscans, Romans, and others in the melting pot known as the Roman Empire. They married in with the Roman Emperors. Keeping pedigrees has made the historical tracings possible.

Right... :whistling:

I think I realise where you are coming from. By "old" you don't mean Geoffrey of Monmouth, I don't think.

Would I be right in thinking you're getting your stuff either from Iolo Morganwg (Who historians widely think was a forger, but I think may be wrong to dismiss entirely out hand) or the more recent and popular Adrian Gilbert, Alan Wilson and Baram Blacket ("writers" of books like "The Holy Kingdom", "The quest for the real King Arthur" and "The Orion Mystery")?

If it's the later then they are mildly entertaining but full of rubbish, and no serious historian takes them seriously. From memory some of there arguments seems to be based on nothing except speculation.

Is the general premise that the Kings of Morgannwg were male line descendants of Cunedda, they were the true "high Kings" of the Britons and that they are survived in the male line by people with the surname Morgan?

If that's even close then I don't think I'm going to convince you otherwise or that this thread is the place for it.

Enjoy your journey into Welsh history and keep in mind that not everything everyone says is true- even reputable historians are proved wrong by new discoveries.

All it takes is Cunedda's wife(/lovers) to have been unfaithful and maybe none of his DNA got passed on even as far as his children.

Check your assumptions too, they can leave blind spots. Surnames didn't exist in Wales until the 1500's. So for example having Morgan as a surname means that your father's first name was Morcant when that family took on a surname. It's not like the clan system in Scotland is assumed to be where everyone is descended from a chief (and in actual fact it's not like that at all, most clan members are not descended from a chief but merely gave allegiance to one and took their chief's clan name as their surname, but that is the common assumption)

If you have Welsh ancestry then there's every chance you're descended from someone royal, it won't get you a throne but there's every reason to be proud of your heritage.

House of Aberffraw

The House Of Aberffraw is the Royal Line down from Cunedda the High King of Britain isn't it? If there is a requirement for Salic Law, then there cannot be a break in the line of males. Why hasn't anyone pointed out that there were breaks in the concurrent lines of Anwyl and Owain Glendower? Ethyllt verch Cynan and Angharad ferch Maredudd, ancestresses respectively of the Anwyl and Glendower lines, were the heiresses of Wales. Ethyllt was married to Gwriad ap Elidur. Angharad was married to the interim King, Cynfyn ap Gwerstan. Whatever line might have been picked, a break in tradition arose when heiresses received the nod.

Owain Tudor was directly down from Cunedda and King Henry VIII felt very free to claim Wales based on this fact. When he left the succession requirements for his son to follow, Mary Tudor, Henry's sister, was the next line progenitress. To this day, the British succession is tied to being down from Mary Tudor. This is a break in Wales tradition.

I think that Wales Law requires the Right of Succession extend to another brother of Maredudd, Angharad's father, if he had a brother.

Last edited:
I think Einion Yrth, the progenitor of these standups for the honours, was UTHR PENDRAKON. PENDRAKON is Hebrew for " lest by power." One of his sons was killed by his nephew for his Throne.

How To Find The YDNA of Cunedda

Henry VIII is an heir male to Cunedda. His Y DNA is with the British Museum. If someone is the High king, he will match that for Salic Law to be enforced. If Wales decides to have male or female lines eligible for a monarchy, then never mind!

About Clans and Princes

It turns out the Cymraeg for Prince is Twyswg. It is an Etruscan word originally literally translated: "you son." It is unfair to assume the Northern Morgans of Cateness are an entirely different clan than Cunedda's son, Dwegfyl, a direct heir line now. They use the same word for Prince only spelled "Toiseach."

The word clan is also Etruscan "kln." It was in use in Moray and Argyll, which was Wale's for centuries. My grandfather, David 1 of Scotland, took the Mormaers' territories of Moray and others to satisfy immigrant knights he brought from Flemish areas. They were tilting in Pembroke when he enlisted them. They defeated the Angus clan and David made Freskin of Moravia, earl of Moray. The Angus clan was descended from Berwyn, king of Britain through Morggan Mac Cathmael. Berwyn was a descendant of the Italic Morgan clan out of Italus, first king of Italy.

Earlier, Morggan Of Mar's son had married Llewelyn the Great's daughter. There is an old house near Aberffraw called Morggan's house from that era (around 1000 A. D. - the time of the meteor bombardment of Europe and the erosion of life in Scotland from the climate changes). Llyn Llywenan on Anglesey might be a rescue mission for Morggan's people brought down from Loch Llawers. Llywenan is Yew Tree Lake with yews planted by them. They were famous yew tree growers in Scotland. It is true that some lakes in the area were called loch instead of llyn.

Addition

I have to make an adjustment about Owen Tudor's Line...he is down from Coel Hen with Y DNA The same as Cunedda's. They are all down from Beli Mawr. The sons of Coel Hen moved South and the sons of Cunedda moved back North to Glen Lyon. Same Y DNA.

SeaBrightMorgan, maybe you should start your own thread about the Morgans, Y-DNA of Cunedda/Coel Hen & "High King of Wales"? It might be more appropriate than posting in this one which while it goes off on tangents is primarily about the House of Aberffraw.I've enjoyed reading most of this thread, but you're posts make it more confusing to follow as you are posting while you find new information.

Although Cunedda is often seen as the founder, strictly speaking most historians see the Kings coming from his male line as the House of Cunedda. The last of that male line in Gwynedd to reign was Hywel ap Rhodri Molwynog. His daughter, Esyllt, married Merfyn Frych who was the male line ancestor of the House of Aberffraw.

You've correctly- albeit after 10 posts- realised that he is not a male line descendant of Cunedda. Some good sources suggest he was the son of the King of the Isle of Man rather than a decendant of Coel Hen. The book you are reading at sounds like it suggests that Cunedda was the son of Coel Hen. More reliable sources suggest he was Coel's son-in-law, so no Y-DNA passed on there.

BTW what book are you reading?

Last edited:
SeaBrightMorgan

I, like most people posting on this particular thread, would treat information from the early part of the House of Aberffraw and the entirety of the House of Cunedda, and certainly pre-Cunedda very lightly and assume that lots of it was mythological and certainly not a reputable source. I know you don't, and it can make it hard to talk about the later period which we know a lot about for certain and the earlier part on the same thread. That's why I'd love for you to start another thread so I can engage with both your information about the Morgans/Coel Hen/Cunedda and the House of Aberffraw which are, IMO, two separate topics.

I can just about buy the idea of someone claiming a Brythonic title based on male line decent from Cunedda or Coel. Maybe Wales, but not the House of Aberffraw which this particular thread is about. Especially not a male line descendant of Coel Hen – assuming that their ancestors aren't descended from Merfyn Frych – claiming to part of the house of Abberffraw.

Put simply, if a male line descendant of Coel Hen/Cunedda ever became King of Wales and none of his direct ancestors (apart maybe from Cunedda) had ever been King of Gwynedd, then he would title himself King of Wales, Prince of Wales, High King of Wales, maybe King of Brythoniaid and Head of the House of Coel (or if relevant perhaps the House of Cunedda- unlikely if you are relying on just Y-DNA and a surname being Morgan) or possibly Tudor* but not King of Gwynedd, Prince of Gwynedd, Prince of Aberffraw or head of the House of Aberffraw.

*Although I totally disagree that Henry VIII was a male line heir to Cunedda, you obviously think he was. Did he head up the House of Aberffraw or the House of Tudor? It's Tudor, so by your own logic a male line descendant of Coel, who never sat on the English throne, could be heir to the House of Tudor – I think even the most die-hard of us would admit that the House of Tudor is somewhat more well known and prestigious than that of Aberffraw.

Ok, SeaBrightMorgan (and BallerinaTime333, feel free too because I added one of your posts). I created a Coel Hen/Morgan thread because I want to see where you go with this train of thought. I'm not sure if it's going to be :) or :bang: or :eek:

I'll try and respond on that thread as soon as I can, but I'd love it if you can post your info about Coel Hen, Cunedda, High Kings of Wales, YDNA of Henry VIII, how Abba Father preserved the male line from Noah to the kings of Troy to Britain to Wales and on to the good 'ol USA :D and everything in between over there rather than this thread.

And please, please - could you post on that thread what books you've been reading and how they think Morgan families in the US are the heirs to celtic thrones?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f186/house-of-coel-hen-morgan-42023.html

What is Freedom?

I am glad to be a helper, but my technological know-how is somewhat limited. Sorry. I did quit the thread as Mr. Davies insisted, but then realized I was being too delicate. I got back in and now have two names.

This is a good example of learning bravery. I wish to point out that hundreds of Morgans all over the world are lineal descendants of Dwegfyl or Dogfail, Prince of Aberffraw. We were forced into "exile" for various reasons. The Gwent Morgans are easily proveable to be the same ones as Aberffraw ones. They just had to move around in shipping centers to keep commerce up. My husband's grandfather was forced to America when their competition took their land away. I am sure that the Wikipedia lines are correct aren't they? Do they not show that the Aberffraw contenders for a proposed throne line for Wales descend from females? If you do not believe the Royal Line down from Beli Mawr is real, then what particular figure is the real king or queen to use? Do you want to find the actual family down from the old kings? Maybe not. Maybe you are up to something else. You cannot push anyone out who realizes they are free to do anything allowed in a Forum. Please be Blessed and Free all of Wales (and America too!).

Oh. One more thing! Some royal family members over the centuries have been called by The Good Lord to be Rescue Rangers able to nip in with the family to help out. My grandfather was Abel Morgan, Founder of the Baptist Church in America and in Christ's keeping. We might be necessary to help out in Wales one day. And certainly no one got hurt by my husband's cousins nipping back in the WW2 to fight for England and Wales safe. The family had been forced out 50 years before...but there they were in the Air Corp. So what if my learning curve is not at the same level as yours. At least I finally get there!

Be Blessed All!

I am glad to be a helper, but my technological know-how is somewhat limited. Sorry. I did quit the thread as Mr. Davies insisted, but then realized I was being too delicate. I got back in and now have two names.

Sigh. Too hard to click a link?

This is a good example of learning bravery. I wish to point out that hundreds of Morgans all over the world are lineal descendants of Dwegfyl or Dogfail, Prince of Aberffraw.

There has never, ever, EVER been a Prince of Aberffraw by that name. Llewellyn the Great was the first to adopt the title. The only people ever, EVER to be Prince of Aberffraw apart from Llewellyn the Great are his son Dafyed and his grandsons Llywelyn ap Gruffydd (Llywelyn the Last) and Dafydd ap Gruffydd.

You cannot claim an ancient Welsh king as your ancestor based soley on your surname when last names did not exist in Wales until the 1500's :bang:

I am sure that the Wikipedia lines are correct aren't they?

Not necessarily, especially if you are getting into Legendary or Pre-History. For instance I see that you changed the House of Aberffraw Wikipedia page to say that the current head is unknown until someone checks Henry VIII Y-DNA and finds a match for someone in America :ermm:

Do they not show that the Aberffraw contenders for a proposed throne line for Wales descend from females?

Everyone from the House of Aberffraw is descended from a female line of Cunedda. That is WHY they are called the House of Aberffraw instead of the House of Cunedda, to show that they are descended from a separate male ancestor.

They were the last dynastic Welsh royal family. You might not approve but it doesn't change history!

If you do not believe the Royal Line down from Beli Mawr is real, then what particular figure is the real king or queen to use?

Ones that historians believe?

As far as Gwynedd is concerned Rhodri the Great, Owain Gwynedd or Llewellyn the Great would be the usual three.

For the rest of Wales, Owain Glyndwr and anyone else who has reliable evidence that they actually exist and didn't have genealogies made up 700 years after they were supposed to be born?

Do you want to find the actual family down from the old kings?

As Kings of Wales?

I don't care.

As head of the House of Gwynedd and especially the House of Aberffraw (which is what you claim for Morgans and what this thread is ABOUT hence Talaith Aberffraw)

No, I'd rather find a descendant from Kings who were actually members of the House of Aberffraw. The House of Aberffraw is made up of those descendants of Merfyn Frych (825AD) who actually ruled as Kings of Gwynedd(and possibly their descendants) until the last ruling member, Dafydd ap Gruffydd, died in 1283 and the descendants of Dafydd ap Gruffydd or any of his brothers.

That's what the House of Aberffraw IS. It's not whoever was descended from Bali or Cunedda or anything else.

You cannot push anyone out who realizes they are free to do anything allowed in a Forum.

You are right. I thought I found a really interesting informative thread. I'm pretty sure you are going to trash it with random "facts" about pre-history and how Kings of Troy were the original House of Gwynedd, so I'll bow out.

Last edited:
House of Aberffraw

Oh, I think Aberffraw was a holiday house on Anglesey for the Royal Family. While Dwegfyl was only the youngest son (it seems) of Cunedda's household, he was still a little Prince of Aberffraw. His name in the language of the Veneti (Luwian mixed with Etrurian) means "fish son." I have just found out that Gwynedd was also called Venedotia or Venedolia.

The History of Wales is so ancient and interesting. I have not been able to get so much information about it until the advent of Wikipedia and the most recent additions about Cunedda's and Coel Hen's lines. There could be a nice historical book just about all of the descendants of Beli Mawr and how all of the kings and princes of Wales have come down from his grandson Afallach. All. It is Wales recorded history. I have also just found out that there was no way to retain one's gentle status according to Law without one's pedigree. The Law meted out punishments based on one's status. There were Law courts to determine if a man was a gentleman and if his pedigree was intact. An earlier contributor to this forum pointed out that the old Laws of Wales required a ruler to be from an all male lineage. Men crashed around and disobeyed the Law for personal gain. They killed their brothers to get acres. They set themselves and even their daughters up as kings (or queens) and passed the throne down illegally by might. People argue about Henry VII grabbing the throne and Robert the Bruce. The violence was brought about by something. If Christ is your Guide in Life, you will construct your Laws around His Word and never go wrong.

Happily, in looking about I have discovered that Cunedda, down from Beli Mawr of the ancient line from Lugdunum in Europe (Lyon) married the daughter of Coel Hen. He received the High Kingship because he was a good father to His people.

Best All!

Hi! I have been thinking about that Lady Charlotte Guest and why she wanted to convince all the girls to abandon their white lace caps for the black tall egg collectors in 1849 or so. Since she was an English Lord's daughter, I think she was jealous of the local girls' prettiness. The ladies in London wore those tall things to ride in.

Ringerike, Norway has the structure of the ancient cap from Greece...a proper Grecian tiara. But why leave off the white lace...some of the prettiest in earth. That lace tradition arrived from Aquitaine. I do not know which migration, but one can see the ancient Greek dances there still. And they wear various types of lace chapeaux all with white lace. Their traditions are very nice to keep family together.

The Wikipedia site "Kings of Wales Family Trees" has the lines that ran down from Einion Yrth to present day. Most of the one's who are being presented as heirs are down from a female heiress with a presentable king married in. Old Wales Law forbids that. Might was maybe interpreted as a substitute for adherence to Law. If a Nation's Law follows Holy Scripture fully, there will never be doubt about a proper course.

Last edited:
A proper tiara for a girl's headdress is in the avatar image box left. That one is in silver. That same kind is very ancient and can be in white lace.

Be Blessed All!

To All The Princesses Who Need Some Help With The New Glass Shower Doors

Girls in Castles sometimes have to make decisions about glass. The best way to keep Wales glass clear and nicely new is the make a soft paste of Barkeep's Friend. Please rinse with spring water.

The Cymry were some of the first in the world to make glass. It came from the beautiful blue slab glass that was a product of the mining industry. It is a blue colour we now call seabright blue. When the Cymry would open up new ports of call (often called Newport), the blue glass beads and cups they made would be an attractant. The Cymry fellows who started the tradition were in Old Oenoe (now Unye, Turkey). The blue glass is still made today in Newport, Wales and Newport, Scotland. Just like 1000 years ago. Oenoe means wine jar. That is also a Cymry adventure.

A Special Message

All Who Love Christ:

Please see The Holy Scriptures soon. The Verses found in Corinthians I and Corinthians IIShould be read soon...very soon! They will reveal what is about to happen in Wales.

Thank you!

Cunedda's Seemingly Roman Ancestry

Someone enquired about the Roman type names of Cunedda, progenitor of the Royal House Of Aberffraw. Tacitus has the answer. The Cornovii (Kournaovioi) and Aedui tribes were joined back in Bourges, France, part of Aquitania later. Since those tribes had been Latin (La Tene sic), (and known as descendants of Italus, First king of Italy I am pretty sure), the Emperor started admitting them as senators of Rome. Their nobility sent their children to Rome for their education. There is one story of Constantine the Great by Eusebius who recorded Constantine was baited into fighting a British chief's son who was training with his unit. Later Constantine moved the very Capitol of Rome to Eboracum...York!

Be Brave, Wales!

Pray for your families, please. I had no idea the turn of events would be so fast. To pray for Christ to keep all of you safe is the best course. Be very brave.

The Identity of King Arthur

In thinking about my previous note on the y's in the word Cymry actually being gammas from Greek, I believe the p in Ap is a rho. It would be pronounced ar. Therefore, any son of Einion Yrth would have his name end with Ap Yrth really sounding like Ar Yrth or Arthur. The time frame is correct also. The king Owain Ddandwyn and kingdom of Rhos are where to look. Who in the world forced anyone to pronounce rho's as p's?

Another key to this is the fact that a Mackay ended up with subkingship of Rhos. Who would turn his own small kingdom over to his foster father, Sir Kay, but the High King Arthur?

The Druid Tradition and How it was finally Defeated.

Recently, in studying Tacitus about the Cymry origins, I uncovered the fact that he considered the Aquitanian Cornovii to be the descendants of the Royal Line of the founders of Bruges named Bituriges. I believe these were all descendants of Amorges, king of the Oenotrians (Oenoe or wine!) and son of Italus, king of Italy.) That massive settlement of the La Tene or Latin culture began along the Rhine River as the coastline hugging Greeks moved their miners inland from the Bay of Lions to mine and mint gold coins. The grape growing was an added asset. Today the Bruges area is the French wine capital of the whole world. The Cornovii were not called that until they had settled in Breton a second time near Dol en Bretagne. Before they left Bruges and their mighty vineyards (earlier the Etruscan king of Rome Tarquinius Priscus had wanted them), they had set up a government that included the Aedui. The Aedui were old nobility who wanted a say in government. They were the druids.
All had to flee to the Milan area over the Alps in a great migration. They were returning to an old safe area near the Larian Lake system. One river there is named Morges (Morgan!) Their king was named Bellovasus. I believe he is the ancestor of Tasciovanus, Cunobelinus and Afallach. That is why it is important to establish the Y DNA of the Royal Line from Cunedda. These three founders of the Cymry are down from Llud. An ancient writer has written that Llud moved colonists to Britain, but had to teach them to farm. They were mostly miners.

The druids wanted to stay with the Romans a lot before the resettlement of the Bituriges who became Cornovii.

Be Blessed All in Wales!

Back
Top Bottom