Royalty of Scotland and Ireland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many thanks,I'll be sure to check that out :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if im butting in but i am wondering that , i live in ireland but i would love to see our own monarchy , i can't seem to find the blood line of asscsion i need you're help

Sorry if im butting in but i am wondering that , i live in ireland but i would love to see our own monarchy , i can't seem to find the blood line of asscsion i need you're help
Well, Queen Elizabeth is a direct descendant of Brian Boru, the High King of Ireland:

Brian Boru ->
Tadc ->
Toirdelbach ->
Muirchertach ->
Mor ->
Derbforgaill ->
Murchad ->
Donnchada ->
Enna ->
Diarmaid ->
Aoife ->
Isabel de Clare ->
Isabel Marshal ->
Isabella of Gloucester and Hertford ->
Robert, 6th Lord of Annandale ->
Robert I of Scotland ->
Marjorie of Scotland ->
Robert II of Scotland ->
Robert III of Scotland ->
James I of Scotland ->
James II of Scotland ->
James III of Scotland ->
James IV of Scotland ->
James V of Scotland ->
Mary, Queen of Scots ->
James VI and I of Scotland and England ->
Elizabeth of Bohemia ->
Sophia of Hanover ->
George I of Great Britain ->
George II of Great Britain ->
Frederick, Prince of Wales ->
George III of Great Britain ->
Edward, Duke of Kent and Strathearn ->
Queen Victoria of Great Britain ->
Edward VII of Great Britain->
George V of the United Kingdom ->
George VI of the United Kingdom ->
Elizabeth II

The O'Donovans owned a little kingdom in west cork up to the confederate wars by this time they had their own principality which was aproximately 100,000 acres in size

Margaret of England, Queen of Scotland

Margaret Plantagenet was the daughter of King Henry III of England. She was married at the age of eleven to King Alexander III of Scotland who was ten at the time. It's one of the youngest royal marriages on record.

Click on the link to read her story:

Margaret of England, Queen of Scotland | Saints, Sisters, and Sluts

Attachments

• 220px-Margaret_Plantagenet,_Queen_of_Scotland.jpg
    220px-Margaret_Plantagenet,_Queen_of_Scotland.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 793
I've been reading over this thread for sometime now. I've seen all of this great history, and quite a lot of clan MacKinnon. I'm sure they are quite a nice clan. However, I'm feeling like something is missing. Namely, any reference to Clann mhic Labhrainn. I saw the discussion of ceniel Loarn/Lorne/Lorn (Labhrainn) and it seems so natural that a discussion would follow that would include the ancient clan that actually bears the name. But, I was disappointed.

I will say this, our chief is a direct descendant of Loarn Mor, King of Dal Riada. My DNA has been tested and it, like our chief's, bears the royal sequence. If there were members of clan MacKinnon on Tyree, they were there with members of clan MacLaren (MacLaurin, the spelling difference is a split in the anglicized spelling of the Gaelic, those in the Islands and West coast use McLaurin and those in Perthshire use MacLaren both mean Labhrainn), and the same with the other noted Islands and of course our homeland in Appin. The clan was awarded further lands in Strathearn and Balquidder in Perthshire after Kenneth MacAlpin's assent to the crown.

But, perhaps there wasn't space for a more complete discussion. Perhaps this will serve to widen it a bit.

Heard also i was royalty or related too in Ireland - DUNNE

I discovered that I am probably related to Clan Cian, a clan of the Munster area. Three of four Irish names of my grandparents were Clan Cian names. They don't claim to be royal, as far as I know, but they have a "chief" who lives in California, whose name is O'Carroll if I remember rightly. He claims to be the only recognized Scots chief who lives in America. I tried to find Clan Cian at a "gathering of the clans" but couldn't find anyone there from that clan, but I did find a tent of my Scottish family, the Pollocks, who have an active clan organization in America, which can be found under Clan Pollock on the internet. Their only claim to royalty was that they seem to have been friends and followers of the Stuarts, both in Shropshire and then in Renfrewshire. Not royals, but supporters of a royal family. They lived precisely next door to the Stuarts in Renfrewshire.

Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke,better known as Strongbow died on April 20th,1176.

Strongbow married the Irish Princess Aoife (Eva) of Leinster in August 1171.

Tomb effigy at Christchurch Cathedral in Dublin.

800px-Strongbow_effigy_Christ_Church_Dublin_4-2010.JPG

Ancient Princess. Your (Mishinish) family's claim to the Mackinnon clan chiefship is quite correct, but your pedigree is not. Gerald Mckinnon, clan sennachie has recently researched the pedigree of the Mackinnon chiefs academically and scientifically. The chiefs actually claim descent in the male line from King Macbeatha "Macbeth", not King Ailpein . The correct line of descent based on documentary and monumental (tombstone) evidence is: Macbeatha mac Fionlaigh, High King of Scotland, killed 1057; father of Fearchar Og, Prince of Scots, killed ca 1078 in Moray; father of Muiredach, Prince of Moray,fled to Ulster, Ireland, died ca 1120; father of Airbetach, Lord of Lorne, died ca 1140 (+ Iona); father of Cormac, Bishop of Dunkeld, died ca 1165, distributed church lands to his sons (+Iona); father of Fionguin, 1st Chief, Laird of Gribun, died ca 1185 (+Iona); father of Fionlaigh, Chief, laird of Gribun, died ca 1210 (+Iona); father of Eoghan I, Chief, Laird of Gribun, died ca 1240 (+Iona); father of Gille-Brigte I, Chief, Laird of Gribun, fought with MacDonalds against King Alexander III at Largs 1263, died ca 1275 (+Iona); father of Eoghan II, Chief, exchanged Gribun for Mishinish, died ca 1310 (+Iona); father of Gille-Brigte II, Chief, Laird of Mishinish, fought for King Robert Bruce at Bannockburn 1314, died ca 1354 (+Iona); father of Niall I, Chief, Laird of Mishinish, rebelled against Donald , Lord of the Isles and was executed 1385 (+Iona); father of Lachlann I "the Exile'', Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishinish, signed charter at Ardtornish 1409, died ca 1440; father of Lachlann II, Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishinish, died ca 1485; father of Niall II "the White", Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishinish, died ca 1519, father of Eoghan III "Red Eoghan of the Battles", Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishinish, secretly negotiated with King Henry VIII of England along with the MacDonalds, received royal charters for his estates, died 1557; father of Lachlann III, chief, Laird of Strath & Mishnish, charged with "molestations" by the Bishop of the Isles, died 1598; father of Lachlann IV, Chief, laird of Strath & Mishnish, died ca 1620; father of Sir Lachlann V, Chief, died 1634, supported King Charles I Stuart, Laird of Strath & Mishinish; father of Iain I "the dumb", Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishnish, assassinated by his cousin at Dunara Castle, Mishnish, ca 1642; father of Sir Lachlan VI "the Great", Chief, Laird of Strath & Mishnish, reputed to have saved the life of King Charles II Stuart at the Battle of Worcester, England, 1651, knighted on the field, died 1700; father of Ian na Mishnish, 1st Chieftain of Mishnish, by his second marriage, held Mackinnon estates when his nephew Chief IAIN II forfeited them during the Jacobite rebellions, sold the clan estates in 1751 to defray clan debts- against the wishes of the clansmen, went to Nova Scotia, died 1750; father of Iain (II), 2nd Chieftain of Mishinish, settled in Nova Scotia, Canada, died 1771; father of Major Iain (III), 3rd Chieftain of Mishinish, rightful Chief of Clan Fionguin in 1808, upon the suicide of his cousin Chief IAIN III, but he didnot claim. His claim proscribed in 1848, died 1841; father of Hugh/Huisdean, 4th Rep Chieftain of Mishnish, died in Prince Edward Island, Canada 1885; father of William Alexander, 5th Rep Chieftain of Mishinish, died in Prince Edward Island Canada, 1912; father of William Edwin, 6th Rep Chieftain of Mishinsih, settled in Bellingham, Washington, United States where he died in 1951; father of William Clarence, 7th Rep Chieftain of Mishnish, died 1959, born in Bellingham, Washington State; father of Ardra Raye Mackinnon who now claims the Chiefship, born 1937. I have not shown the names of the wives to save volume and space. My family, the Mackinnons of Kyle descend from IAIN OG, a younger son of Chief Lachlan IV of Strath & Mishnish. Chief ANNE MACKINNON is also believed to descend from this IAIN OG in a line which is senior to mine.

Meath family

Rosella Meath was my great great grandmother. She married my great great grandpa William Grady. I have a family book put together by my 2nd cousin Mary Murray Dullany, that only me and my grandmother own that prove some pretty amazing facts about our family including geneology charts and much more. There's even a picture of my family with JFK.

Meath family

I AM the great- great grand-daughter of Rosella Meath, she married in 1900 to William Grady, also a powerful history with the Grady family. My name is Roselle, I am the oldest of 4 sisters living in Minnesota now. My grandma, Rosella Guido, and I have the only 2 family album books that I know of that have pictures of many many Irish relatives all now dead that I know of. The book was created by our 2nd cousin Mary Murray Delaney. Her husband Tom Delaney, there is pictures of his Artic expedition and the artifacts he found there. There are pictures in this book with our family with many Royals and celebreties of the day, including Queen Elizabeth, Princess Grace and John F. Kennedy. I feel this book that I have can provide some valuable information that I'm still trying to figure out. I am still very interested in more research and information on interesting things about my Irish family and one day visiting to see the Meath castle my grandma tells me stories about. From what I know my family came to America around the late 1800's and founded New Richmond Wisconsin. Some where also in Chicago and stories from my grandma, she tells me they were good friends and worked with Al Capone and involved in the St. Valentines' Massacre and then immediatly went to Minneapolis. Very interesting and odd facts about my family, any extra info that anyone has to share with me will be much appreciated in helping to unlock my family mysteries and puzzles.

Ian Na Mishnish MacKinnon

Sorry to disappoint the owner of this tree BUT

If you look close at Ian Na Mishnish Mackinnon b 1657 and died 1750 , he was the father of Lt John Mackinnon b 1735 and died in Nova Scotia 1771. It does not compute. Do the math!The genealogist is way off! There is no way that Ian Na Mackinnon could have fathered Lt John Mackinnon at the age of 78 and his wife was close to the same age. They had other children too and if they are going by this information they would have conceived children well into their eighties. How can they explain this.??

Hester[/QUOTE

A good point, is it possible he was married more than once? I have no record of when his wife died, only her birth.

Since we are on the subject of Ireland, does anyone have any information on the Lane family from County Cork? Supposedly they are fron a noble line. Curious to know if any info is out there. Thanks all. :)

Awesome. Thank you. I believe it could be the same. All the Lanes from there were related I was told. We will see. I wonder if its the same Lane family that migrated to Hawaii.

Awesome. Thank you. I believe it could be the same. All the Lanes from there were related I was told. We will see. I wonder if its the same Lane family that migrated to Hawaii.

Hawaii...that's a far cry from County Cork!

Well yes. Of course its far from County Cork but, there is a William Carey Lane from County Cork that ended up in Hawaii and married into one of the royal houses of Hawaii. He became a prominent and wealthy man and ended up becoming the Govenor of Oahu. He and his wife had many children and they all went on to become important figures in Hawaiian history. So as you might guess, learning anything about that side of the family is very important especially if there are records in County Cork that pertain to him or his family. Since this is a thread about Ireland and Scotland, and I was told that the Lanes were a noble family, I thought there might be someone here with any information that might be able to shed some light on this.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

The O'Conor Don (Ó Conchubhair Donn in Irish) is the Chief of the Name of the Clan Ó Conchubhair, titular Prince of Connácht and senior descendent of the last High King of Ireland.

He is the older man on the right of this picture.

The current O'Conor Don is Desmond O'Conor Don who lives in Sussex in England.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1392941970.769953.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1392941970.769953.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 960
Seriously? Let's hope there is someone else out there who would be a better candidate. I'm just saying...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom