The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Royalty of Iraq

From 1921-58, Iraq had a constitutional monarchy system of government. The three monarchs were members of the Hasemite dynasty. They were:

*Faisal I (reign 1921-33)
*Ghazi I (reign 1933-39)
*Faisal II (reign 1939-58)

At present, there are two pretenders to the throne and of being Head of the house. They are Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid and Sharif Ali Bin al-Hussein

For a while there was an active group calling for a return for Constitutional Monarchy in Iraq. There website is still active The call for Constitutional Monarchy for Iraq

Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember in 1958 King Feisal died at the same time as his uncle but in which circumstances ? The King was engaged .

Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King Faisal's first betrothed was Pincess Kiymet, a descendant of the last Mamluk dynasty of Iraq. This engagement was called off a year later.
Faisal then asked for the hand of Princess Shahnaz Pahlavi, the sole child of the Iranian monarch Muhammad Reza Shah, but was turned down by Shahnaz. At the time of his death, King Faisal was engaged to be married to HH Princess Sabiha Fazila Khanum Sultan, the only daughter of HE Damat HH Prince Muhammad 'Ali Ibrahim Beyefendi of Egypt, by his wife, HIH Princess Zahra Khanzadi Sultan.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
From 1921-58, Iraq had a constitutional monarchy system of government. The three monarchs were members of the Hasemite dynasty. They were:

*Faisal I (reign 1921-33)
*Ghazi I (reign 1933-39)
*Faisal II (reign 1939-58)

At present, there are two pretenders to the throne and of being Head of the house. They are Prince Ra'ad bin Zeid and Sharif Ali Bin al-Hussein

For a while there was an active group calling for a return for Constitutional Monarchy in Iraq. There website is still active The call for Constitutional Monarchy for Iraq
Prince Raad bin Zaid Bin Al Hussein bin Ali sharif of Mecca and king of Hijaz
Sharif Ali bin al Hussein bin Ali bin Abdulilah .He is the youngest among the three sons of Sharif Hussein bin Ali (Sharif Mohammed b.1950 & sarif Abdulilah b. 1952)
.. His Mother Princess Badia is the daughter of king Ali of Hijaz and sister of Queen Alia of Iraq (Faisal II`s Mother)
He is Married to an Iraqi woman and they have 4 children :
Hala b. 5\1988
Alia b.6\1990
Faisal b.8\1992
Hibba b. 6\1996
Also His Grand Father sharif ali is king Faisal I`s Uncle (brother of his mother sharifa Abdia bint Abdulilah)
Old 02-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

A story about the teenager Iraqi King Faisal's tour through the USA in 1952.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 02-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Courtier

Thank you to everyone who has posted information. I find the Iraqi royals fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I remember in 1958 King Feisal died at the same time as his uncle but in which circumstances ? The King was engaged .
The King was shot dead by revolutionaries along with members of his family as part of the 14 July revolution, which led to the formation of a republic in Iraq. He was engaged to a Princess Sabiha Fazila Khanum Sultan, daughter of a Prince of Egypt. I can't find much about his uncle.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember alas awful pictures when they showed his dead body to the public.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
... I can't find much about his uncle.
Dear RoyalistRiley,
I'd like to recommend you this short yet very interesting posting in Mad Monarchist blog about the Prince Regent and this Wikipedia article.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

I don't remember this personally, but my mother and father were stationed in Jordan at this time when the royal family of Iraq were murdered. It was horrifiying.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who has posted information. I find the Iraqi royals fascinating.

The King was shot dead by revolutionaries along with members of his family as part of the 14 July revolution, which led to the formation of a republic in Iraq. He was engaged to a Princess Sabiha Fazila Khanum Sultan, daughter of a Prince of Egypt. I can't find much about his uncle.
Do u have any pic 4 her ...?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Courtier

a pic of her

Princess Sabiha Fazila Khanum Sultan on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Beautiful lady.. Thank u vearam98 ..
Is she still alive ?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Yes she is still alive. She was married to Hayri rgpl, the son of a former Turkish prime minister, and had two sons with him. But she divorced her Turkish husband and is now married to a French man (I do not know his name) and lives in France.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank u dear ... Princess Badia
: -
Old 02-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Imageshack - n159059310630119534278.jpg - Uploaded by farooda
Old 02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Nobility

He cut quite a dashing figure in that photograph.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reeda2000, very intesting video. The King looks as a student and the powerful man in Iraq was his uncle. What a tragic end for them. The Shah of Iran and his family were more lucky.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Reeda2000, very intesting video. The King looks as a student and the powerful man in Iraq was his uncle. What a tragic end for them. The Shah of Iran and his family were more lucky.
The end of King Faisal and his family were too harsh ..
The palace after the tragic

Tags
iraq