The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Royalty of Croatia

Has anyone heard of the Croatian royalty. I'm Croatian. I know of King Tomislav and Queen Jelena, and I know that they died out in the middle ages. DOes anyone have any info on them at all?

Old 07-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashka
Has anyone heard of the Croatian royalty. I'm Croatian. I know of King Tomislav and Queen Jelena, and I know that they died out in the middle ages. DOes anyone have any info on them at all?
Bok Mashka! I'm from Croatia.

I'll provide you the link to the site called; Hrvatski Plemićki Savez;
http://skola.sys.hr/plemstvo/

It is organization of Croatian noble families. It has very useful information, and also list of all noble families and their webpages. If you know Croatian, there should be no problem.:)

Pozdrav!

Old 09-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Courtier

Aimone, Duke of Aosta and his wife were King Tomislav II and Queen Irene of Croatia from 1941-1943. They never actually visited their "kingdom", however.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Nobility

Croatia has many princes and princess. Otto, head of the House of Habsburg, claims the title of King of Croatia and his wife Regina claims the title of Queen of Croatia. In fact, all the living members of the House of Habsburg claim the title of Prince of Croatia - including The Archduchess of Austria-Este, daughter of The King of the Belgians.

I'd love to see Croatia electing a member of the House of Habsburg (preferably one of Otto's descendants) as King/Queen of Croatia, though expecting that could be a bit unrealistic. Monarchy under the Habsburgs would benefit Croatia in so many ways - it would calm the political situation, as the head of state would no longer be associated with politics, and tourism would bloom, and Croatia would become politically much closer to Europe as a kingdom headed by a Habsburg.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Commoner

here is the link to Wiki on Kings of Croatia.

List of rulers of Croatia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Aimone, Duke of Aosta and his wife were King Tomislav II and Queen Irene of Croatia from 1941-1943. They never actually visited their "kingdom", however.
Yes, that's true. However, according to Giulio Vignoli's book The sovrano sconosciutto he had an office for Croatian affairs in Florence and later in Rome.

It is interesting that his former counsellor, Count Gyula Cseszneky, a Hungarian-Croatian nobleman in Italian service later was proclaimed Grand Voivode (Grand Duke) of Macedonia and actually reigned between August-September 1943 in a very limited area of South-Western Macedonia.

Another interesting fact is, that the current Duke of Aosta, . i.e. King Tomislav's son, bears the given name Zvonimir which must have been given to him in honor of King Zvonimir of Croatia. The Duke of Aosta is considered by some Croatian monarchist a rival pretender to Archduke Otto, and is sytled as Zvonimir II, titular king of Croatia.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:49 PM

Karl I was the last king of Croatia his reign ended November, 1918. The little boy in the picture is
the Crown Prince of Croatia Otto von Habsburg born 1912.

His grandson Ferdinand Zvonimir Habsburg was christened on 20 September 1997 in Zagreb cathedral
by Cardinal Franjo Kuharić. Zvonimir was the king of Croatia from 1075 to 1089

In 1925 the Croatians celebrated one thousand years of the Croatian kingdom (925 - 1925)

The Croatian coat of arms, the symbol of Croatia
a checkerboard with a crown 1495 and 1991

Curtain in the Croatian National Theatre
Old 07-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

Video featuring wedding and studio photos of King Tomislav II of Croatia and his family

Old 10-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Does this mean that there are no descendants but the Habsburg and Aosta?

Is there any role for any Creation royals in public? I know there is no king or queen, but do the current claimants do anything in Croatia? Charity?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Commoner

The noble Frankopan family who were historically the counts of Krk, Modruš, and Trsat are the closest Croatia has to any native royalty. The head of the house (disputed) is Louis Doimi de Lupis Frankopan.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frankcom View Post
The noble Frankopan family who were historically the counts of Krk, Modruš, and Trsat are the closest Croatia has to any native royalty. The head of the house (disputed) is Louis Doimi de Lupis Frankopan.
Hereditarily, Louis is not the heir in his family, he is just the only one making a public claim to being a Frankopan royal. His branch might also not be the most senior remaining branch of this princely house, just the more vocal. There are also Zrinskis descendants but they aren't making public claims to the throne or even to being princes. There is a nobility association which kicked him out for making his claim, saying he was not the heir and should be happy with the title he has. So they may have someone else in mind or maybe don't want anyone with pretensions to rock the boat. If they return the monarchy one day in would be more likely someone proposed by the nobility association from a princely house who is Croatian. I believe his family has lived outside Croatia since the 13th century and that is how old the supposed link to the Frankopans is.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Doesn't Lady Nicholas Windsor belong to the Frankopan Family or am I thinking of someone else? I didn't realize that they were Croatian.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Nobility

There are monarchists movements in Croatia?

I'd like to see Prince Amedeo of Belgium as the new King of Croatia.

Style of the Portuguese sovereign: By the Grace of God and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King [or Queen] of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Doesn't Lady Nicholas Windsor belong to the Frankopan Family or am I thinking of someone else? I didn't realize that they were Croatian.
Yes she was born Paola Doimi de Lupis de Frankopan .

You can read more on the family here

House of Frankopan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-08-2014, 02:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

HRH Prince Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Savoy, does not have anything to do with the Crown of Croatia and he is anyway the Head of the Royal House of Italy.

Tags
croatia