Royal House of Georgia 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince David Bagration-Mukhransky will be participating in the 2014 Georgian Formula 3 Champtionship at the Rustavi International Circuit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgian-Royal-Family-of-Bagration-Mukhraneli/572940402782514?fref=ts

Prince Nugzar and Princess Leila Bagration-Gruzinsky gave an interview in January 2013, when their eldest daughter was still living in Spain. They said that all three of the children of Princess Anna were together with their mother. Regarding Prince Giorgi, they said that Princess Anna spoke to her son in English while Prince David spoke to him in Spanish. The Bagration-Gruzinskys kept in touch with their daughter via frequent Skype calls.

Source: ??? ???? ?????? ??????????? ?????? ?????? ??...

In Defence of David of Mukhrani

I think Prince David of Mukhrani deserves a little credit in all this. Building on the work of his father, Jorge, he has worked hard to ingratiate himself with the religious establishment in Georgia. Ultimately that resulted in marrying Princess Anna (of Gruzinsky) and providing her with a male heir. Were he not to have done this then after the death of Nugzar and his brothers, the House of Bagration would be without an heir whom the entire royal family could agree upon. Things are not ideal as they stand but how many times were dynastic marriages made to save an ancient royal line made out of love? If one was it would be unique. David has done his royal duty. He has ensured that (a) the line of Gruzinsky descended from the last reigning king of all Georgia has a male heir. He has also ensured, most importantly, that that male heir is through the male line a Bagrationi. He has given a great gift to the Gruzinksy family and to Georgian monarchists because any realistically feasible heir to the Georgian throne must be (a) male and (b) a Bagration. These things he has provided and also united his claim (albeit weak) with the far stronger claim of Nugzar thus uniting the two main branches of the Bagration family. Also, he has maintained a loveless marriage long enough for his son and heir, Giorgi, to be Christened by the Georgian patriach and acknowledged as Nugzar's heir via his daughter Anna.

I do not believe that David of Moukrani has a claim to the throne of Georgia himself but his son Giorgi DOES and it is a very strong claim - unrivaled by any other. And Prince Giorgi is a Bagration of Moukrani in the male line.

I think David deserves enormous credit for the role he has played in raising the profile of the Georgian monarchy and preserving its continuation through his son. He does not deserve to be demonized one bit. Both parties (David and Anna) have put country before their own happiness and god blessed them with a son.

PS - I expect Giorgi will be raised in Georgia (no doubt by his mother) in Mtskheta. There is no reason for David to oppose this because otherwise his efforts will have been without logic.

Prince David should hardly be heralded to the heavens.

His extramarital affair, his treatment of his wife, and his refusal to promote unity among all branches of the Bagrationi family have not reflected well upon his character.

Princess Anna may not be a saint, but she tolerated a great deal more than most individuals would in order to ensure that the union of the Bagrationi-Gruzinski and Bagrationi-Mukhrani lines resulted in the birth of an heir.

I'm not saying he should be heralded to the heavens. But what I do think is (a) without him Georgia would not have such a strong Bagratid heir, (b) neither he nor Anna married for love, (c) he does not deserve to be vilified so much.

Misappropriation of the Christian sacraments, sexual reproduction for boy only, but what societ will have for king this child?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to all. There are real possibility of a return of the monarchy in Georgia? How many Georgian monarchists compared to the overall population?

Do you know the Order of the Eagle of Georgia of the dynasty Bagrationis? This order is considered coveted and prestigious? It is recognized by the State of Georgia today? I have read many things on the internet, but I would like to know more from you who live in Georgia. Thanks

i think monarchy can be in future in georgia :)

as for that order that is not recognized as such by the bagrationis itself because it is used by royal-wannabe david bagration :)

Could you explain better? I do not understand your answer about the Order. They told me that the Order is recognized by the other Royal Houses of Europe. Is that true? In Georgia is recognized?

no it is not recognized in georgia and georgian monarchists because it is issued by the those bagrations who live in spain and are calling themselves as "royals" when they are not. that order is issued by bagrations from the mukhranian branch which is not royal thus the order is nothing but just souvenir.

When was the monarchy? Or was the georgian monarchy a princley state in russia?

no it is not recognized in georgia and georgian monarchists because it is issued by the those bagrations who live in spain and are calling themselves as "royals" when they are not. that order is issued by bagrations from the mukhranian branch which is not royal thus the order is nothing but just souvenir.

No, it is not so! I do not know if the Order of the Eagle of the Georgia is recognized in Georgia, but I can say with certainty that in Europe it is considered very, very prestigious. This morning I learned that in Europe there are scientific institutions who consider this order as other prestigious European Royal Houses (Bourbon, Savoy etc..). From what you say, I understand that there are dynastic rivalries. I suggest you leave the rivalry. I suggest only encourage the return of the monarchy in Georgia, with the return of the young King Giorgi.

Last edited:
stefy55
facts are facts :) as for Giorgi, yes i hope he will be a king in future but only through his mother's side as his father is not royal :) his mother is royalty and his father is just a nobility :)

I'm sorry, what you say is not. I requested information to competent people and what you say is not true. What you say is true only for a small number of people who have no contact with the great European Sovereign Houses. For these Sovereign Houses heir to the throne of Georgia is David Bagrationi and his son Giorgi. :)

Ok. Can you explain your idea? All the Royal Families of Europe are in error? You know that the most illustrious members of the European nobility are knights of the Order of the Eagle? All of them are wrong???

stefy55

yes they are because many of those who received such order knew nothing as well and just because someone has word bagration in the family name it does not make her or him a royalty :)

david bagration is a nobility from mukhranian family what means that he is not a royalty. here are other bagrations who are just nobilities and not royalties. they are the non-dynastical offshoot lines which are not royalties.

bagration-mukhrani
bagration-davitashvili
bagration-babadishvili
bagration-gochashvili

:)

where do you see a genealogy there ? :)

it's just names there and not family tree :)

It's obvious that you're wrong. Anyone who can document and understand how things are. I do not write anything else because it is useless.For you who live in Georgia, I advise you not to think of the dynastic quarrels.

How many princely familys exist in georgia?
Some muslim princely family emigrated after 1864 to the ottoman Empire, and the princesses married into the ottoman royal family. Like princess fatma pesend hanim.

sancakli70

i think you don't understand that there are many princely families but there is only one royal family which is called bagrationi dynasty :)

1982058_611363125606908_587334211_n.jpg

cute little georgian prince :)

I'm sorry, but what you say is not true! I knew that David Bagrationi is considered the only heir to the throne of Georgia.He is considered the heir to the throne by the European nobility, and all the royal houses of the world. The other branches of the Bagrationi are considered minor and secondary, of little consequence. What I say can be easily verified. David Bagrationi is always invited by the European Courts at parties and events. The other branches of the Bagrationi are totally ignored.

From what I see on the Internet, after a divorce, many sites have been made in favor of the collateral branch pretender to the throne. But the nobility and royalty is not legitimate on the internet. Hello.

Was. Now He is lives in Georgia with his son David. Other family member still Spain.

I haven't seen Pricess Iren's photo, thanks for this.

Prince Giorgi died about a year ago. he was Titular King Giorgi XIV- though this title was disputed by the Gruzinksy branch. Gruzinski branch is descended from King Giorgi XII who was deposed by Czar Pavel of the Russian Empire in 1801- in contravention of the protection treaty signed between Russia & Georgia. Georgia was annexed by Russian Empire, and Georgian roayl house absorbed into Russian nobility. Georgia became briefly an independent republic upon Russian revolution, then reconquered by Soviets in 1922. Georgia became independent again in 1990. Gruzinksi line is represented by Prince Nugzar- he has only two daughters. His cousin is unmarried. A family pact was agreed by the Mukhraneli & Gruzinksi lines. Princess Anna Bagration-Gruzinski was divorced from her husband, and married Prince Davit Bagrationi-Mukhraneli, son of late Prince Giorgi. Prince Giorgi's eledst son, Prince Irakli renounced his rights to the Georgian Throne. Prince Davit and Princess Anna now have a son together Prince Giorgi- who will unite the claims of the Gruzinksi and Mukhraneli families when Prince Nugzar dies. The Mukhraneli family is geniologically senior to that of Gruzinski. Georgian nationalists want Prince Davit & Princess Anna to replace the President of Georgia who is unpopular. However the monarchy issue might only be addressed once the teritorial integrity of Georgia is resolved. South Ossetia wants to break away- also Abkazia.

The patriarch Ilia is in favour of little Prince George to be King?

Little Giorgi is very sweet, he has adorable eyes. I particularly like the photo of him wearing sunglasses! :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Holy cow! That is one good looking guy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom