Royal Family of Montenegro

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Through the Petrovic-Njegos Foundation, which commenced operation last month, Prince Nikola has begun to undertake benevolent projects within Montenegro.

The Foundation donated 4.000 euro to the municipality of Plav after the town was devastated by heavy snowfall in February. Prince Nikola stated: "For me, it was important that the first actions [of the Foundation] are those that will show solidarity with people who are in difficult situations, because Montenegro itself has a lot of problems brought on by the economic crisis, which were contributed to by the snow storm in the north, which created a lot of difficulties for people." The funds are to be distributed between 100 families.

Pomo

In partnership with Kodra Hospital, from June to October 2013 the Foundation will provide for ten reconstructive surgeries for women who have suffered from breast cancer. Priority will be given to young, low-income patients. Prince Nikola has said that "this gesture is just the beginning of cooperation."

Besplatan rekonstruktivni zahvat pacijentkinjama oboljelim od raka dojke - Vijesti online

The Montenegro Royal Family seem to me to be very active for a house that had only a brief reign almost a century ago. Are they popular among the people?

Does Crown Prince Boris live in the country with his wife and daughter?

The Montenegro Royal Family seem to me to be very active for a house that had only a brief reign almost a century ago.
Not that brief. Members of the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty ruled as Metropolitans (or Vladikas, Prince-Bishops) from 1696, as Princes from 1852 and as Kings from 1910 to 1918 when Montenegro was merged into Serbia. That's over 220 years of continuous dynastic rule.

Not that brief. Members of the Petrović-Njegoš dynasty ruled as Metropolitans (or Vladikas, Prince-Bishops) from 1696, as Princes from 1852 and as Kings from 1910 to 1918 when Montenegro was merged into Serbia. That's over 220 years of continuous dynastic rule.

My apologies, I was only aware of the Kingdom of Montenegro from 1910-18.

HRH Hereditary Prince Boris has been appointed Grand Chancellor of the dynastic orders as he will now be "taking a greater role in the duties of the Royal House"

Sin Nikole Petrovi

HRH Prince Nicholas attended the reburial ceremony of HM King Zog of The Albanians, in Tirana, Albania, November 2012.

The Royal House of Montenegro erased its official website (http: www.njegoskij.orgla-maison-royale-de-montenegro.html?lang) does anyone know what is going on? will turn off the website because they are preparing a new? will restore the monarchy in Montenegro and are preparing a new official website? If you know of information something tell me everything.

Montenegro Succession

Prince Nikola may become a member of the Senate of Montenegro:
Princ Nikola postaje

I believe that Prince Nikola will eventually be restored to the Throne of Montenegro as King Nikola II. But I would like to know what is going to happen to the royal succession after him?

The original succession law of Montenegro is that the Throne passes by to the nearest male born in the male line of the Petros-Njegos dynasty. However, Prince Nikola has only one son, Prince Boris, and he has only one daughter, Princess Milena. Boris's wife is well into her thirties, they have not had any more children. As far as I know there are no other surviving members of the male line of the dysnasty- I stand to be corrected on this one.

So what will happen to the succession after Boris?? Any one have any advice?

Hopefully if they are reinstored they will change the law to allow female accession.

According to the royal family's old website, royalmontenegro.com, as of 2004 there were 21 male Petrovitch-Njegosh's in two other branches of the family, an heirless head of the house can nominate one these as his successor. Alternatively the website says they could appoint a custodian of the Crown or abolish the salic law.

Royal House of Montenegro

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other news from a poster at Nobiliana.
INTERVJU: Princ Nikola Petrovi

Prince Nikola seems to have three grandchildren.
Nikolai Martinov son of his daughter Altinaï
Milena, daughter of his son Boris
Another granddaughter (seems to me the second daughter of Boris and Veronique)

Scroll down for pic

Last edited:
In this age of fertility treatments it should be fairly easy for the princely couple to have a male child to ensure a smooth secession.

La República de Montenegro rehabilita a su antigua Familia Real con los mayores honores - Extraconfidencial.com

rough Google translation
sp.gif

The Republic of Montenegro rehabilitates its former Royals with top honors
25 July 2011
The echoes of the great ceremonies that gave farewell to Otto Habsburg in Vienna and Budapest have continued in recent days, as all the princes of Europe were present there. Even Prince Dimitri Romanoff missed, whose presence reminds us that battered old Russian dynasty still exists beyond the claims of his niece, Grand Duchess Maria, and the French loyalists, quite annoyingly, deeply lament the absence of Luis Alfonso de Borbon, the Louis XIX of France, who having expressed his desire to attend, ended up leaving for his wife's native Venezuela.

According to Princess Maria Cristina of Kent, Austrian by birth, the Mass at the Cathedral of St. Stephen was absolutely "lifting", the Infanta Cristina had to share with Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma representing his aunt Queen of Holland, and the children of the late Otto have even been together a few days in Austria. However, few repaired (perhaps only Dimitri Romanoff), a prince little known, Nicholas of Montenegro, unusual in these great ceremonies, a place among their peers in times when their dynasty, so forgotten is made ​​up by the own European royalty, jumps into the fray with unusual verve that perhaps could culminate in a surprising restoration of the monarchy in the complex political context of the Balkans. And last July 12, the eve of their national holiday, the Republic of Montenegro voted in Parliament rehabilitating its old dynasty, the Petrovic-Njegosch, by a law which recognizes an unprecedented official status to Prince Nicholas and his descendants who, at first glance, might seem the gateway of a dynastic restoration.

This new law, which assumes that the small kingdom was annexed forcefully to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1918, purpose of this measure to strengthen the Montenegrin identity through its Royal Family, and provides that the State shall establish the Foundation Petrovic-Njegosch that will be equipped with 4.3 million, payable in several installments, of which 1.5 million will directly accessible to the Head of the Royal Family, which will represent the State in certain non-political official ceremonies. And as the first example of this prince's presence at the funeral in Vienna, where he held the representation of the President of Montenegro Igor Luksic sir.

Also Prince Nicholas will receive a salary of 1,885 euros, the same received by the President, and will be available to the home of his grandfather, King Nicholas I in the town of Njegusi, an apartment in Podgorica, the use and enjoy the first floor of the Palace of Krusevac, in the same city, and the right to dispose of certain public buildings and certain state resources to carry out their representative functions. In fact, the new legislation comes to contemplate the protection of the use of heraldic emblems of the dynasty in favor of Prince Nicholas. Quite a set of absolutely exceptional measures that put the Montenegrin Royal Family in the foreground today, and where many see a future restoration of the monarchy in a small, forgotten country that once had no more valuable export their own princess, who married the family of the czars and the royal houses of Italy and Yugoslavia. One of them, Anna, was also the aunt of Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain.

Prince Nicholas, born in Brittany in 1944, and his family, which to date have not been in possession of large media or family heirlooms, have always led a very simple and anonymous life in France, and he has had to make life as an architect. Therefore already been established that he also designed the plans for his new residence in the capital, Cetinje, which will be the first green building in the country. Widowed since 2008 Franco-Moroccan Francine Navarro, Prince Nicholas is the father of two children, Prince Boris, Duke of Zeta and Grahavo, and Princess Altinaï. Prince Boris, a simple 21-year old boy, has studied decorative arts and is married to the Portuguese Haillot Véronique Canas de Silva, who is the father of Princess Milena. Do not forget, however, that the Montenegrin royal family has close family ties with King Simeon of Bulgaria, Prince Victor Emmanuel of Savoy, the Landgrave Maurice of Hesse, and Prince Dimitri Romanoff, which can earn you an easier entry into the public arena of European royalty.

Ricardo Mateos

Danilo I was the first Montenegrin secular prince who did not hold the ecclesiastical position of the Vladika (Bishop).

Do they know anything new for the Montenegro royals? They all live there or just Prince Nicholas?

I don't think has official website. Just i think like Romania they have back to Montenegro and have official roles. But i don't have hear anything.

I do not know. I know nothing of this family for a long time. What is the official website of the Royal House of Montenegro?

The Royal Family of Montenegro still live in the country? It has official website? find nothing new about this royal family ... What's going on? Someone has news about this family?

I had an old issue from BUNTE (August 2015) with an article about the MRF, well, mainly Nikola: Every year Korinna and Halina von Lempski host a summer cruise for the rich. This year they chose Montenegro, where Nikola hosted a gala dinner for them in the Royal Palace

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Album

Back
Top Bottom