Royal and Noble Families of Poland and Lithuania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grandma, you asked for the title of a book on Poland. I read a great novel by James Michener, titled "Poland". It was one of those long sweeping historical epic which covered eight centuries in the lives of Polish families from the ruling class down to the poor farmers. Michener wrote a series of historical novels, all of which I read while laid up with a broken knee cap, as my husband's nephew had collected them. The main other titles were "Afghanistan" and "Hawaii". I thought his "Poland" was one of the most stirring novels I have read, even superior to his other historical novels. It woke me up to the importance of Poland in history. We hear little about Poland's history in America, so this was new and exciting territory to me. It also gave a sense of the politics of the surrounding territories of Poland throughout these eight centuries, and of the treacherous "sell outs" of Poland by her neighbors.

Last edited:
Which are the chances of Prince Inigo to restore Monarchy in Lithuania?

Hello cory, an elected monarchy is possible if it is the will of the people,and serves the people in good will.

Prince Inigo wants to help Lithuania and seems to love the country. I have no idea how many persons support him in the country.

Just found this announcement on FB.

Press release division of the Palace of the Kingdom of Lithuania is pleased to inform that today on LNK television channel there will be broadcasted KK2 programme (in 19:30 pm) prepared by the „Be Tabu“ producer and his team.
HSH Prince Inigo von Urach with Seimas members and journalists shall participate in the aforementioned TV programme.
This programme shall be watched by the prince of Lithuania, Eberhard von Urach, and the PKL association‘s head, Mr.Stanislovas Švedarauskas. We wish you pleasant impressions.

According to polish version of "Grazia" the prince Lubomirski has split with his wife Dominika ( nee' Kulczyk). Yes, I know that in Poland we have no more any aristocracy but who knows.... one day it could be restored....

Dominika Kulczyk-Lubomirska rozsta

Who is the current pretender to the throne of Poland?

In 1815-1917 Poland was part of Russian Empire, russian Emperors held title 'King of Poland'.
Before 1815 Polish noblemen selected monarchs. It was a unique system.

Stanislaus II was King of Poland from 1764 to 1795.
He founded the Commission of National Education and the School of Chivalry.

Ladislaus IV was King of Poland from 1632 to 1648.
He had also been elected Tsar of Russia in 1610.
However Ladislaus never ruled in Russia.
It is interesting that a sovereign can be chosen as a monarch for a country but never rule in that particular country.

Boleslaw V (1226-1279) was High Duke of Poland from 1243 to 1279. He was called the Chaste because of the vows of chastity that Boleslaw V and his wife jointly took.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have information on living Polish Royals?

Yes. A lot. Photos, family trees, oral history - which will be written. It is time for the Polish Royals to stand up, not to take any kind of power, but to do all that can be done to avoid war on planet earth. God knows we know enough about war, and the affects of it on those who endured it, and their descendants

^There are no living Polish royals. Those with the title of prince and the like are Polish nobles, not royals.

Very interesting. What would be the royal family to occupy the throne?

There is no Polish Royal family. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth elected their monarchs and after the extinction of the House of Vasa the kings only rarely descended from a previous king. The House of Sachsen mentioned in the article did give Poland two kings in the 18th century but the Poniatowskis of today isnt of royal descent since Stanislaw Poniatowski only had illegitimate offspring and the far-fetched heir of Stanislas Lezczsynski would be the cousin of Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Carlos of Bourbon-Parma.

But in a possible restoration, it would be better to be a hereditary monarchy.

I wonder have they any support for such a move?

:previous:
That's the point IMO and this applies to all countries where there are groups - in some cases small and in other more consistent - calling for the restoration of the monarchy.
And however I doubt that there will ever be a great support for any restoration, without any clear plan about who the monarch should be and a clear line of succession and/or without a real link of the designated monarch with the country.

"Last month, The Polish political magazine, Polonia Christiana, published a longer article where they argue to reintroduce the monarchy in Poland. The magazine also criticised the Republic of Poland’s political system. The magazine Polonia Christiana does not state which royal family they support to take the throne.
Now, one of the current candidates as King of Poland in a recent interview has stated that he does not want to become King. Prince Daniel of Saxony has told the German magazine TAG24 that he does not want to lead any monarchist revolution in Poland."

Prince Daniel of Saxony: “I do not want to become King of Poland” – Royal Central

A report states that there has been what Noblesse & Royautes describes as "a legal battle" between Princess Tamara Czartoryski and her father Prince Adam over Prince Adam's art collection which is estimated to be worth around £2bn (one painting alone was sold for £86). The two signed an agreement with the Polish state over the matter:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/&prev=search
The link doesn't seem to work for me?

Today, April 27, Princess Sonia Poniatowski attended the "Servir pour Sauver des Vies" Charity Gala in Paris:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Princess Sonia Poniatowski attended the "Eric Raisina's Fashion Show" at Millenium Hotel Paris Opera:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom