Nobility of Hungary, Bohemia & Moravia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonSyra

Commoner
City
Szombathely,Savaria,Steinamanger
Country
Hungary
Dear All,

The Hungarian Noble Council (Palatine Council,Nádori Tanács) was founded in Budapest in january of 2008 by the leaders of Hungarian Noble Association (member of the CILANE,CILANE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and The CILANE web site :: CILANE.eu ::).
Since then the council has had no chairman , but in this year or next year will be a chairman, a palatine (nádor). In the history the Hungarian palatine was the assistant of the king (vice-king,mainly in noble cases) and the palatine was elected by the nobility.

Some people think (or know) that the Palatine will be from the Habsburg-Lothringen family.

The members of the Palatine Council:

János Graf von Bedegh und Berencs
János József Freiherr von Gudenus
Aurél Rihmer von Granasztó, vitéz
Zoltán Illéssy von Tóttelek, vitéz
György Csornay von Maehrental
György von Spilenberg-Diószegi , Dr.

It will be a very important event in Hungarian nobility.

Yes, the nobility have been banned since 1947 in Hungary, but we would like to eliminate the law.

In Hungarian:
DECLARATIO

A Magyar Történelmi Családok Egyesületének vezetősége, a magyar nemzet történelmi alkotmányának és történelmi tisztségeinek védelme érdekében, nehogy azok ebek harmincadjára és méltatlan kezekbe kerüljenek mi által a nemzet és a Magyar Szent Korona szenvedne sérelmet, úgy határozott, hogy az egyesület egyes, külön e célra rendezett összejöveteleit rendi gyűlésekké minősíti. Ezt megteheti, mivel az egyesület a magyar nemesség reprezentatív, nemzetközileg a CILANE / Európai Nemesi Szövetség / tagja és elismert szervezete, amely reprezentatívan képviseli tagjai által a magyar társadalom különböző csoportjait is. Az egyesület regisztrált tagjai és az országban élő nemesség, nemzetünk valamennyi polgárát képviselni kívánja.
A rendi gyűlések vezetése és a fenti célok elérésének koordinálása végett az egyesület vezetősége hasonlóan a történelmi jogelőzményhez - "SIGILLUM SACRE CORONE REGNI HUNGARIAE" - király nélkül, de a korona nevében, az abból fakadó folytonos királyi méltóságra hivatkozva kormányozó tanácsot hoz létre, amelynek tagjait alább felsoroljuk.
Úgy a rendi gyűlések, mint a kormányzótanács feladata, hogy őrködjön a történelmi jogok felett, és helyreállítsa a magyarság történelmi önkormányzatát, így a nádori hivatalt a hozzá kapcsolható és érvényesíthető jogokkal együtt, továbbá felállítsa a nádort segítő szerveket, amelyek szintén a régi történelmi tisztségeket elevenítik fel.
Mivel a Magyar Szent Korona történelmi joghatósága túlnyúlik térben és időben a mai Magyarország határain, a rendi gyűlés és a tanács igyekszik az elszakított területeken élők érdekeit is elősegíteni, velük jó kapcsolatot ápolni.
A kormányzó tanács addig gyakorolja kollektívan a nádori jogokat, míg a rendi gyűlés a nádort a törvényes szabályok betartása mellett meg nem választja.
Nádornak csak olyan személy jelölhető, aki apai ágon 1848-at megelőzően nemes. Ennek oka, hogy bár 1848/1867-ban a Magyar Szent Korona Testébe felvételt nyertek a nem nemesek is - az ez után kelt nemességek így nem bírják a tényleges nemesi jogokat - de ez nem jelenti azt, hogy a nem nemesek számára megnyíltak azon tisztségek, amelyek egyik lényege az, hogy személyeket a tisztség viselője beemeljen, befogadjon a nemesek sorába. Ennek oka pedig az, hogy a nemesek sorába valakit csak apai ágon született nemes fogadhat be. Ezért nádorrá, illetve jogi helyettesévé (az al-országbíró adminisztratív de nem jogi helyettese a nádornak) avagy országbíróvá csak apai ágon született nemes jelölhető. A nádori illetve országbírói tisztségre egyházi személyek nem pályázhatnak (az ő történelmi tisztségük a kancellári tisztség), mivel ők csak személyükben nemesek és nem születésük jogán, kivéve, ha született nemesek és nemességük régebb keltű 1848-nál. A többi tisztségre minden tisztességes személy pályázhat.
A rendi gyűlés mellett működő kormányzó tanács, ideiglenesen, a nádor megválasztásáig, jelen irat keltétől kezdve, megkezdte a nádori jogok gyakorlását. Kiadványai akkor érvényesek, ha az a tanács feje és legalább két tanácstag aláírta.
A nádori joggyakorlás megindításáról tájékoztatja a CILANE-t és a társ nemesi szervezeteket.
A vezetőség ezután a kormányzó tanács tagjának választotta:
vitéz granasztói Rihmer Aurél,- vitéz tótteleki Illéssy Zoltán,- Dr. Spilenberg-Diószegi György ,- maehrentali Csornay György,- bedeghi és berencsi gróf Nyáry János és báró Gudenus János Urakat.
gróf Nyáry János elnök a vezetőség ülését bezárta.
A vezetőségi ülés határozatait aláírásunkkal hitelesítjük:

vitéz granasztói Rihmer Aurél vitéz tótteleki Illéssy Zoltán maehrentali Csornay György Dr. Spilenberg-Diószegi György bedeghi és berencsi gróf Nyáry János Nyáry Jánosné Györgyi Kállayné assa és ablanczkürthi Ghyczy Dorottya báró Neuenstein Éva báró Gudenus János
Budapest, 2008 január 6.

It isn't clear from the above if the Palatine is elective or hereditary. Can anyone elucidate please. Thank you.

House of Lackfi

House of Lackfi

Laczkovich_wappen.png

The Laczkfi family is a noble family from Hungary , which ruled (as Vajda,viceroy) Transylvania in the 14th century. The Laczkfi was the wealthiest family in 14th century Hungary, owning much of what is today Northern Croatia, Eastern Slovenia, and Western Hungary. The family also gave bans (viceroys) to Croatia, Slavonia, Dalmatia, and Bulgaria, Palatines to Hungary, princes (knez) to Zadar, as well as a viceroy to Naples. They held the dynastic title of Prince. (????)

The Laczkfi family is the descendant of Hermann v. Nuremberg (Nürnberg?),who came to Hungary in 996 with Gisela of Bavaria (Chronicles tell this story,but it is more likely that Hermann came later. Hermann's descendants (male line): Makray de Felpestes,Mézes de Debreczen,Mézes de Várad,Mézessy de Mézes ,Laczkfi de Kerekegyház, Árokközy,Hídvégi families.

The L. family died out in the XV.century. However there is a Lackovic (=Lackfi= son of Lack) family in Croatia (Peter was Noble Judge of Križevci County in 1513.)
Their titles (were):
Prince of Zadar (?)
Count of San Severino
Count of Serra
Count of Zagorje
Lord of Nürnberg (?)

Offices:
Palatine of Hungary
Ban of Dalmatia,Slavonia,Bulgaria,Macsó
Vajda of Transylvania
Viceroy of Naples
Count of Székelys
Count of 10-15 counties (megye) in Hungary

You can read about them:
House of Lacković - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hercegek/Princes and Dukes
Lackfi

How to use Hungarian noble names abroad?

I just wonder how to use Hungarian noble names abroad, especially in English speaking countries, in order to indicate your noble status, but without being too pretentious. And how to deal with the Western-Hungarian name order problem. (In Hun garian fisrt comes the territorial designations, then title, then surname and then given names.) Also, should we translate the rank/title e.g. Gróf-Count? For example, let's use a fictional, but typical name:

hátszeghi és rétközi gróf Hátszeghy László

It could beeither

Count László Hátszeghy de Hátszegh et Rétköz

or keeping the Hungarian way but put given name first:

László hátszeghi és rétközi gróf Hátszeghy

However these variations above are too long and would complicate eveyrday life. So please tell me which one would you use of the list below.

László gróf Hátszeghy or
László Gróf Hátszeghy (Would English speakers recognize that gróf/Gróf is a title like Graf in German? And if yes, with upper or lower case?)

Or would you use only one territorial designation, but which one? That one which basically repeats your surname or the different one?

László Hátszeghy de Hátszegh or
László Hátszeghy de Rétköz

or would use just a German or Latin/French nobility prefix, which sometimes are used with a surname, but in my opinion a bit alien to the Hungarian naming system:

László von Hátszeghy or
László de Hátszeghy

Thanks for your help.

I am not an expert on Hungarian nobiliary practice, and I am not entirely sure if the status of nobility was legally abolished in Hungary as it was in Austria in 1919, but generally the mainstream European custom persists. The majority of the Magyar nobility do not hold comital or princely titles: of course there are many exceptions.

Cognizance of nobility would be the prefix baron, count, prince as in general European tradition. The fact that surname precedes Christian name is of little importance. If an Hungarian gentleman or lady is an hereditary noble without titular designation this is signified by the addition of followed by their territorial designation. As Latin and French were prefered over German among the landed elites it is perhaps more proper to address the person as, for example, Janos Agoston de Hatszeghy. This signifying that he is a noble of the Magyars without a "title"; but of course the de Hatszeghy in this case is the noble title. I trust I have not confused anyone!

Does anybody have any information on the Roskovanyi noble family from Roskovany, Hungary (now Rozkovany, Slovakia). I am interested more on the family in the 1700's and the early 1800's. There might be a connection to Austrian nobility.

Hello, Have you ever heard of the Hungarian noble family name of Roskovanyi? There is several coat of arms for the Roskovanyi name and some of them look ancient. They lived in Roskovany, Hungary (now called Rozkovany, Slovakia).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot of informations :) I am from Slowakia and I have our family tree, so I will have a look on it.

What information do you have on your family tree? I am descended from the Roskovanyi family. Roman Catholic church records mentions my Roskovanyi ancestors as Hungarian nobles. The church records I have is from the late 1700's and the 1800's.

Hello. The Roskoványi family is one of the oldest Hungarian noble families. It is originated from Sáros county and was first mentioned in 1278.

If you understand Hungarian I copy here what the great Hungarian genealogist Iván Nagy wrote about them:

Sáros vármegyének egyik legrégiebb törzsökű nemes családa, mely a Dobay, Gombos, Fekete, Usz, Buzinkay családokkal együtt a Tekule nemzetségből (genus) ered, és a családnevet adó Roskovány helységnek máig birtokában van. A család törzsnek Tekulenek három fia volt, úgymint Tamás, Lede és Márton, kik 1278-ban Sáros vármegyében a Veresalma mellékén Pétermező, Kozormező és Hosszúmező birtokot nyerték IV. László királytól adományban.

moz-screenshot.png
1310-ben a Tekule nemzetség Omode nádor és Miklósnak fia Demeter ellen az egri káptalan előtt öt falujának elfoglalása miatt tiltakozik.*
1312-ben Chana Máté és Thekele Mártonnak fiai, Andrásnak fia Péter, Ledének fia Chank, és Márknak fia Bodun, mindnyájan 767Thekele nemzetségbeliek Sáros várat, melyet Trencsini Máté ellen védtek, átadják Károly királynak.*
1323-ban Pál Andrásnak fia, Juténak unokája, Péter, Jakab és Miklós testvéreivel együtt érdemeik elésorolása mellett Sáros megyei Naasfew máskép Tótfalu birtokában Károly király által uj adományképen megerősítetnek.*
1337-ben Comes Chama Mártonnak fia, Mihály, Mátyás és Péter fiaival, továbbá testvére Máté fiaival Tamással és Miklóssal, továbbá Chank Ledének fia, fiaival Dobov és Lopov-val; továbbá Pál Andrásnak fia, fiával Miklóssal; továbbá Jakab, György, Loránd és András Péternek fiai mindnyájan a Thekule nemzetségből egy részről; György és Tamás Themernek fiai, továbbá János, Usznak fia, továbbá Andrásnak fia András szentgyörgyi plébános, továbbá Pálnak fia Miklós; továbbá Istvánnak fia Miklós Comes Ite unokái szintén azon (Thekule) nemzetségből a szepesi káptalan előtt minden birtokaikat, melyek Szent György körül feküdtek, feloszták úgy, hogy azon birtokok kelet felől Comes Chama és érdektársainak és utódainak, nyugotfelől némely kisebb részekkel mint Kochnyaalya, Kissastelek és Lengenortvanya nevűekkel Gergelynek és ágazatának, továbbá Salgo, Dobó, Roskovicz, és Pétermező a nevezett Comes Chanának és érdektársainak jutottak örökösen; – a deczelhalmi, tóthfalvi és herdunyhani birtokok pedig, úgy szintén a gerdrátföldi földrész a Gekyovpataka mellett keletfelé, továbbá Radome helység nevezett Gergelynek s érdektársainak maradt; tovább az Ida folyam melletti birtokok, és birtokrészek északfelé az Ida folyam mindkét oldalán Chana comesnek és ágazatának, ugyan azon birtokrésze pedig délfelől Gergelynek és társainak jutottak.*
1467-ben Roskoványi Tamás Tálya vár várnagya volt.*
1468–1473. Roskoványi Miklós Sáros vármegye alispánja volt.*
Roskoványi Márton 1493-ban Krakkóban tanúlt,* 1501-ben 768II. Ulászló király által tordai főesperessé és gyulafejérvári kanonokká neveztetett.*
A közelebbi időkben nevezetesebb tagjai a családnak: Gábor, 1836-ban Sáros vármegye országgyülési követe, Ágoston 1836-ban egri kanonok, 1851-ben váczi, 1859-ben nyitrai püspök lett; Boldizsár Nyitrán püspöki uradalmi igazgató stb.

Roskoványi family tree from the middle ages

N. (ld. az 1. táblán)
______________________________|_____________________.
Tekele Bodon
Roskoványi Dobói
3. tábla
_________________________________________|__________________________________
Tamás c.* Lede* Márton*
1278-1290 1278-1290 1278
| ______________________________|_____________________________________
Csank* Csana mg.* Máté* Tekele*
1312-1352 1312-1323 1312-1323 1312-1323
______________________|____________ _________________|_____________________ _______|______________ ________|_____
Dobó* Lopó* Ken(…)* "Pálca" István* Mihály* Máté* Péter* János* Egyed* Tamás* György* Ponek* Tamás* Miklós*
1352 1352 1352 1352-1401 1319-1337 1319-1360 1319-1360 1319 1319-52 1352 1352 1352 1337 1337
Lopó Pálca Csana
| _____________|____ | ________|__________
István* Péter* Pál* Katalin* Péter* László*
1434 1434-64 1412-1447 1406-1410 sárosi alispán 1434-64
ŕ Zsegrai György 1434-64 ŕ Anna 1464
ŕ Klenberki Margit
| ______|_______ _____|____________________________________
Benedek* Terestyén* Zsófia* János* Lőrinc* Kozma* Mihály* Etele* György*
1449 1464 1464 1464 1464 1464 1462-64 1464 1464

Coat of arms of Roskoványi

Sorry, I can't copy here the pictures, but I can tell you, that they had different ecutcheons, the descriptions of these versions are here in German language:

Wappen a): Oberhalbe nackte Menschengestalt, mit Hirschstangen an Stelle der Arme.
[Siegel d. d. 1474, 1477 u. 1482 des Vicegespanes Nicolaus Roskoványi. Archiv des Jos. v. Csoma. NB. Der rechtsseitige erhobenen Arm (bezw. die rechtsseitige Hirschstange), ist unvollkommen abgedrückt].
Wappen, b): Meerweib, in d. erhob. Rechten eine Hirschstange (oder einen dürren Zweig) in d. gelichfalls erhobenen Linken einen Kugel (oder einen Apfel) haltend.
(Undeutlich ausgeprägtes Siegel d. d. 1639 des Stefan Roskoványi).
Vappen, C): Aus einer Krone wachsend eine nackte Menschengestalt mit erhobenem rechten Arme, in d gleichfalls erhobenen Linken eine mit einem dürren Zweige besteckte Kugel haltend.
(Siegel d. d. 1639 des Stefan).
Wappen, d): In R. drei (auch gewellte) w. Schräglinksbalken. – Kleinod: Mann mit Kalpag, in d. erhobenen Rechten eine Hirschtange (oder einen dürren Zweig), d. Linke in d. Hüfte gestützt haltend.
(Siegel vom XVIII. Jh.).
Wappen, e): In B. drei gewellte auch nicht gewellte Schrägbalken. – Kleinod: Der Mann wie vorstehend, hier nackt.
(Siegel vom XVIII. Jh.).
Die Ur- und Haupttypen bei den Wappen der Roskoványi und Dobay de Nagy Doba, secheinen gewesen zu sein: Menschengestalt. Hirschstange u. die Schräg- (bezw. Schräglinks-) Balken; denn auch die Dobay siegeln im XVII. u. XVIII Jh. (sowie vermutlich auch schon viel früher) wie hier sub a e blasonirt.
Meiner Ansicht nach, verhält es sich mit der Roskoványi-Dobay- (bezw. auch mit d. Tekule-) Wappenfrage wic folgt: Die Stammwappen-Schildfigur, waren die Schräg- (oder Schräglinks-) Balken; die Kleinodfigur aber, war die nackte Menschengestalt mit d. Hirschstangen an Armesstelle. In Folge der Kleinodsiegelperiode, wurde das ursprüngliche Kleinod, eine zeitlang Schildfigur u. kehrte man dann erst später wieder, zur Urschildfigur, den Schrägbalken zurück.
(Vergl. Auch den Artikel u. das Wappen Dobay I. v. Nagy-Doba in diesem Werke u. im Supplemente).
Uradeliges und angesehenes Geschlecht des Sároser Ctts, vom Genus Tekule seine Abstammung herleitend und noch gegenwärtig auf dem gleichnamigen Stammgute erbgesessen.
Tomas, Lede und Martin, Söhne des Tekule, erhalten v. König Ladislaus IV, sub d. 1278 Donationen auf Pétermezö Kozormezö und Hosszumezö im Sároser Ctte.
Vom Genus Tekule, stammen noch ferners ab: die † Buzinkay, Dobay, † Fekete, Gombos. † Mocsolay, † Nyomárkay, † Olsaviczay, † Pankotay, Ratvay, † Salgóy, Strás aliter Balpataky, Szentgyörgyi, † Tamásfalvay, † Ternyey, Usz u. Vincze de Doba.
Es theilen die Roskoványi i. J. 1337 und werden dieselben, 1466 auch in Kércs, Abaujer Ctt angetroffen.
Thomas Roskoványi, tritt 1469 als Vicegespan v. Zemplin urk. auf. Augustin von Roskoványi geb. Szena,7. Dezb. 1807), Dr. d. Theologie und Philosofie, 1836 Domherr v. Erlau, 1850 Bischof v. Waizen, v. 1859 bis zur Gegenwart, Bischof v. Neutra, gab viele gelehrte Werke i. Druck heraus.
(Fejér, Cod. Dipl. VIII. Vol. 4. P. 258. Theilungsbrief. – Wagner , Dipl. 289. – Dr. Csánki Dezsö, Magyarorsz. tört. földr. BPesth, 1890. Pag. 231. 325. 379 ec. – N. J. IX. 765- 768 – Wurzbach Const. Dr. v. Biogr. Lex. ec.).

Alleged crowned king of Hungary officialy claims throne

On 30 October József Daka of the Árpád dynasty officialy submitted a claim to the Hungarian parliament and declared himself to be the legitimate crowned king of Hungary.

Daka claims that in the 13th century during the Mongol invasion of Hungary, King Béla IV. gave his daughter in marriage to Mongol khagan Kadan and he descends from this marriage. There is no historical evidence that ever a daughter of King Béla married Kadan.

According to Daka in 1944 he as a child was secretly crowned with the Holy Crown of Hungary by regent Miklós Horthy and Cardinal Jusztinián Serédi.

Historians dismiss his lineage and the coronation alike, but Daka apparently has some popularity.

He styles himself Joseph I, although Hungary already had Joseph I and Joseph II as well.

You can see some pictures and a copy of his official claim here:

Kuruc.info - Újabb király bukkant fel: Árpádházi Daka József bejelenti törvényes igényét a magyar trónra!

BORSONLINE

Univerzum Klub Eger

Last edited:
Ex PM of Hungary wants constitutional kingdom

Dr. Péter Boross, the former PM of Hungary recently has been asked about the new constitution of the country which will be ready for 2011. Boross considered he can imagine that the new constitutional government will be kingdom. Boross is advisory member of the committee preparing the new constitution.

I have been trying to find this out for years. I was always told Hungarian nobility ended in the 1950's, and that titles where abolished. However was told by an old family friend ( His father was a Grof) that, titles can be re-granted by the Hungarian goverment , but the process was extremely complex . I know there are people with in Budapest who still carry there titles .

My own family were nobles in Zala and Vás . Stemming from German Baronets of the time . We were local Lord as well as Land Lords (150km2) So i am interested to find out , if this is really true !

Can any one help me .

Legal status of titles

In Hungary there is a law adopted in 1947 during the Soviet occupation of the country that says: titles of nobility are not allowed to be used officially. Some argue that the ban extends to the private use as well, but it is not true.

So, you can't have your title of Gróf (Count) in your passport, but you are free to print business cards using your title.

On the other hand territorial designations can be considered as part of your surname. This is quite similar to the Italian legislation.

For example:

You can't have a passport as Count Péter Esterházy de Galántha (in Hungarian: galánthai gróf Esterházy Péter), but you can as Péter Esterházy de Galántha (in Hungarian: Galánthai-Esterházy Péter)

Broklesi Grof

Good evening to everyone,
Is there any hungarian genealogy-addicted who can help me, please? I'm searching information about an italian family which had an hungarian title. Brivio (Brivius, Brippius), Counts (Grof) of Brokles.
In particular I'm looking for the place Brokles. Italian sources say that it was a County near Belgrade (but in 1708, when the Emperor Of Austria-Hungary gave the family the title it was Kingdom of Hungary), but I haven't found it yet. I also sent mails to the State Archive of Belgrade, but noone knows that place.

Thanks in advance and please forgive some mistakes in the writing,
Marco

I have one quastion conserning the Berke noble familly. The got the title of nobility in 1609 from Mathias II. they were lower nobility and didnt get any high title because they were lutherans. One of the member of this familly was allso secretary of state at the ministry for foregin affairs (Jozsef Berke), many members of Berke familly were members of hungarian parliament in 19. century. I would like to know if they were a part of hungarian nobility before the Habsburg came to power in Hungary. Because 2 villages in Slovenia are named after them - Berkehaza or Berkovci in slovenian language. Berkehaza means house or settlement of Berkes. The weardes thing is that this sattlements were named Berkehaza in 1489!!! so more than 100 years after they were elevated into Habsburg nobility. Is it possible that they were noble before, and the Habsburgs only confirmed their nobility?

Another quastion is concerning Kovats familly. They are suposed to be noble. I dont know where they were from but Kovats Istvan the man that married Iren Berke from the noble Berke familly, was born in Lebeny near Gyor to evangelical/lutheran landowner in 1866. Iren Berke was allso born to lutheran/evangelical landowner Mihaly Berke. So i guess that same status of fathers shows on landed gentry and nobility?

Anyone from hungary familiar with a duchess Farkas? family story states Etel Farkas from Hungary (great grandmother) was either a duchess or descendant of one. Any help is appreciated to quell this family rumor.

Who is the current claimant tie the Hungarian throne or head of the family so to speak?

He is Archduke Karl of Austria, Prince of Hungary, though I don't think he has ever made any claim to any throne.
Archduke Karl is the eldest son of the late Archduke Otto, Crown Prince of Austria and of Hungary, himself the eldest son of the last Emperor of Austria and King of Hungary Karl I.

[Janos Agoston de Hatszeghy. This signifying that he is a noble of the Magyars without a "title"; but of course the de Hatszeghy in this case is the noble title.]

So, Is Vasváry a noble name? Thank you for your help!

I just joined this site and would like to know if anyone had luck getting access to church records. I have tried numerous times to contact Pannonhalma for family records with no response. If any of you have a useful source to get such information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

This is where comments about Slovakia?

The Slovakia already had its own monarchy?

Is there any suitor at present?

Count George Karolyi, a Hungarian aristocrat who is also the Hungarian ambassador to France, presented his credentials to President Hollande. He restored Fehérvárcsurgó Castle in Hungary, which had first been built by his great-grandfather, Count György Karolyi, in 1844:

Le comte Georg Karolyi nommé ambassadeur de Hongrie en France

This is where comments about Slovakia?

The Slovakia already had its own monarchy?

Is there any suitor at present?

Slovakia was part of the Kingdom of Hungary from 1000 - 1918 where it then became part of Czechoslovakia and remained as such until 1939. It had it's own monarchy way back in history. The first King was Mojmír I who ruled until 846 AD. I'm not sure if there's a current pretender (I think that's what you mean by suitor) in Slovakia but it would be interesting to find out. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom