The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Aga Khan appeals the ruling that 60 million euros set by Gabriele Thyssen divorce
El Aga Khan recurre la sentencia que fijó 60 millones de euros por su divorcio de G | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate

Quote:
Divorce of the Aga Khan: Not willing to pay 60 million, the Prince responds
http://www.purepeople.com/article/di...eagit_a94265/1

http://translate.google.com.tr/trans...65%2F1&act=url

Old 01-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

An interesting theory about Prince Agha Khan by Ismail Sloan (Part-III) | NewsPakistan.PK
According to the Ismailis, starting from Ali, the eldest son has always inherited the right to rule. The present Aga Khan, Prince Karim, is the 49th direct descendant in a male line down from Ali. His great-grandfather, Hasan Ali Shah, was given the title of Aga Khan by the Sultan of Persia.
And that is why Prince Karim is now the Aga Khan IV.

In the meantime His Highness the Aga Khan was last week awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Ottawa for his service to humanity.
South Asian Focus - The Voice of Brampton's South Asian Community

Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator

HH Aga Khan III

http://www.newspakistan.pk/2011/11/03/Remembering Aga Khan III/

November 2 1877 is the birthday of Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III, born in Karachi and one of the architects of Pakistan.

Sir Aga Khan III, grandfather of the present spiritual leader of the Ismaili Muslims, Prince Karim Aga Khan, spent his entire life serving Muslims with his great intellectual and leadership skills and personal resources. He will always be remembered as one of the most distinguished and well-reputed leaders and diplomats during Pakistan’s freedom movement. Sir Aga Khan, with his vast experience and personality of international stature, proved to be a responsible and productive mediator between the western world and the leaders of the subcontinent.

From every platform, he advocated free, universal, practically oriented primary education; improved secondary schools for Muslims, and a generous provision of government and private scholarships to enable talented Muslim students to study abroad. Sir Aga Khan established the first Aga Khan School in 1905 in Gwadar. Today, there are over 179 Aga Khan Schools all across Pakistan.

The first Muslim political organisation, The All India Muslim League, was formed in 1906 and Sir Aga Khan was chosen as its first president for six years. Aga Khan III also had the privilege to represent India at the Disarmament Conference and in the League of Nations. In 1937-38 he was unanimously elected as President of the League of Nations, the forerunner of the present United Nations Organisation. Sir Aga Khan died on 11 July 1957, and is interred in the Aga Khan Mausoleum at Aswan in Egypt.

v thumbnails
1. HH Aga Khan III
2. caricature from Vanity Fair, 1904
3. the Aga Khan Mausoleum, Aswan, Egypt

Images licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aga Khan III, HH Sir Sultan Muhammed Shah.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	283049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aga Khan III, Vanity Fair 1904.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	283050   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aga Khan Mausoleum, Aswan, Egypt.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	283051  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

HH the Prince Karim Aga Khan was on holiday at Klosters ski resort with his youngest son Prince Aly, 11, by the Begum, from whom he split in 2004.
And he was accompanied by his long-term companion, divorcee Beatrice von der Schulenburg, a mother of four who has been enjoying the Aga’s company for five years. - Source
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Karim Aga Khan IV, imam of the Ismaili branch of the Shi'a Muslim faith, has said that an Ismaili center has been officially registered in Dushanbe under Tajikistan's law on religion.
Aga Khan Meets Tajik President
Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Aga Khan has attended the 163rd Prix de Diane horse racing on June 17, 2012 in Chantilly, northern Paris.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

This article is from last year but I don't think it has been mentioned that it looks like Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliyah might be divorcing.

Fire goes out of Aga Khan's son's marriage and Freddie Mercury's friends celebrate 65th birthday | Mail Online
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

The Aga Khan attended the 91st edition of the Prix De L'Arc De Triomphe meeting at Longchamps racecourse, outside Paris on October 7, 2012.

** Pic **
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
This article is from last year but I don't think it has been mentioned that it looks like Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliyah might be divorcing.

Fire goes out of Aga Khan's son's marriage and Freddie Mercury's friends celebrate 65th birthday | Mail Online
It is quite unfortunate that Prince Hussain and Princess Khaliya have made a decision to dissolve their union. They were a beautiful couple.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Courtier

Yes it is very sad if the marriage is over. I remember well the big spread that Hello magazine did covering the wedding, it was very well done. It's always sad when a marriage breaks down.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

? this article was printed in 2011
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
? this article was printed in 2011
Yes. I said in my post that it was not a new article but I did not see any info posted in the thread about their divorce and wanted to use something as a reference rather than just saying that they are divorcing.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, I see now, it was mentioned on this thread on posting #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
Yes. I said in my post that it was not a new article but I did not see any info posted in the thread about their divorce and wanted to use something as a reference rather than just saying that they are divorcing.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
yes, I see now, it was mentioned on this thread on posting #128
Thanks. I looked and couldn't find it for some reason.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Yasmin Aga Khan attended the 2012 Alzheimer's Association Rita Hayworth Gala Tonight And Every Night at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York on October 23, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Brave Princess , loosing her son his own child is terrible, she will never be grandmother.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think her son was gay, which does not mean that she could not have become a grandmother, elton john for instance is a father and tom ford is in the proces of having a child with his partner, but I think most gay men do not father children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Brave Princess , loosing her son his own child is terrible, she will never be grandmother.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Susan Alicia , this was unknown to me - Kind regards - MO
Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Has the Aga Khan ever finalized his last divorce or is he still disputing the financial arrangements?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

according to this article not yet:
How the Fourth Aga Khan Balances Spiritual Muslim Leadership with a Multi-billionaire Lifestyle | Vanity Fair

his causes do not include the conservation of wildlife in Africa and Asia as far as I can see:

Focus Areas of the Aga Khan Development Network

Tags
aga khan, khan