The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, still beautifull, perhaps with a bit of a botox, but very well done. Remember an article in a magazine about her short while ago and there was a picture of her in her house surrounded by her 6 adoring dogs, all saved from the animal shelter and looking like the variety you can find on greek islands.

Aga Khan IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

according to the above link he is still married to his second wife, but seperated

Old 08-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Majesty

Don't know when that article was last updated,and more,Wiki isn't always reliable either.As far as I know the divorce from Inaara is a fact.I remember an issue on it on german tv recently.

Old 03-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Aristocracy

Question about a family

I did not know were to put this but are The Aga Khan Family Royals?

http://www.ismaili.net/timeline/2006...edding02sm.jpg

Prince Karim Aga Khan IV on the left, Princess Khaliya formally Kristin J. White, and Prince Hussain Aga Khan

Prince Karim Aga Khan IV is the current (49th) Imām of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims. He has been in this position, and held the title of Āgā Khān, since July 11, 1957. The Ismailis are ethnically and culturally diverse and reside in over 35 countries around the world. A modern Muslim leader, the Āgā Khān is responsible for the interpretation of the faith for his followers and as part of the office of the Imamate, he endeavors to improve the quality of their lives and of the communities in which they live.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aga Khan dinner hosted by Elizabeth II

Queen Elizabeth II and The Aga Khan
Dinner at Buckingham Palace London to mark the Aga Khan's Golden Jubilee, 07-07 2008.

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=3

The Press Association: Queen hosts dinner for Aga Khan
Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator

From the above link:

Queen Elizabeth hosts dinner for the Aga Khan at Buckingham Palace

The Queen is hosting a dinner party in honour of the Aga Khan IV.
Senior members of the Royal Family will attend the Buckingham Palace dinner on Monday for the long-term friend of the Queen.
He is also the Imam of the world's 15 million Shia Ismaili Muslims and a direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad.
Last year he celebrated the 50th anniversary of his succession to the title held by his grandfather.
The Aga Khan is coming to the end of a seven-day visit to the UK held to mark the milestone.

Among the guests pictured were Prince Amyn Aga Khan, Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, and Prince Hussain Aga Khan and his wife Princess Khalyia.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

giov,
Thanks a lot for the photos!
Princess Khalyia looked great.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's another link about yesterday's dinner:

Queen lays on Golden Jubilee banquet for the Aga Khan and family

It's nice to see that she wore a dress with special golden details..
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

The queen looks stunning. So much better than those beaded, white sacks she has been wearing lately for eveningwear.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Hello
Queen lays on golden jubilee banquet for the Aga Khan and family
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:59 AM

Little Star: Does it stand true then that Mark Bowden, Princess Zahra's husband is still a practising Christian?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
he is a full nephew? I highly doubt that he needs to perform in adult movies to make a living.
I just read an article bout it all in a magazine this affair and apparently the guy is quite extreme in his tastes and rather unsafe too.
Goodness, I stumbled across these threads. Embirikos is a scion of a Greek shipping family as well as a nephew of the Aga Kahn. The last thing he needs is cash, escpecially performing like that.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyellis View Post
Little Star: Does it stand true then that Mark Bowden, Princess Zahra's husband is still a practising Christian?
I have not seen them together in a long while. Are they still married?
Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
and he is very handsome, the only thing I can not forgive him is that he devorced his lovely first wife and remarried a rediculous one. Well at least he divorced her too.
Susan, if I remember the story correctly, Begum Salima herself divorced the Aga Khan. There is so much acrimony she was not even present at her children's weddings. He allegedly was playing the field with a number of other women. At the time he announced his engagement to the second wife (Inaara) those in the know were surprised because there was another seemigly serious affaire he was carrying on with an unnamed lady. With all her faults, it does not seem that the second wife was the reason the first wife was pushed aside.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Does anyone has pics of Aiglement castle?
Old 09-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Gentry

The Aga Kahn's 1st wife Begum Salima or Salimah was and is still very well liked. From what I have read, when they were 1st married..about 1969 he (Karim) was very much in love with her. They had 3 kids quickly..then in about 1984 maybe even earlier he started playing the field. According to the gossip columnist "Suzy" in W magazine at the time their divorce, he was the one who filed the divorce, because he wanted to marry a beautiful Argentine widow whose husband had died while playing polo.
Suzy and the greek gossip writer "Taki" said that from 1984 on, Salimah lived by herself with the 3 kids in their estate in Switzerland.
Both writers claim that in those years he treated her terribly..had alot of mistresses. Ex..Karim was visiting Stravros Niarchos and his family in the '80s on their privite greek island and left with Spryros fiancee..a Pilar Goess.. He had an affair with her. for a few years! she was blond and did like like his 2nd wife Inaara. I beleive she died a few years ago.

Also, the Aga Khan is still mariried to his 2nd wife Begum Inaara. They are separated but not divorced. See Dailey Mail UK for more info, and Wikopedia under Begun Inaara.

In addition for the past year, Karim's latest girlfreind is Beatrice von der Schulenburg. I have never seen a photo of her, but she is described as blond and looking alot like Inaara.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Here's something from the Mail online dated 18 February 2008:

Is the Aga's friendship hotting up? | Mail Online

"There has been a sophisticated shift in the growing friendship between the fabulously wealthy Aga Khan and his British-based companion Beatrice von der Schulenburg.

The couple have been introduced together at a major high society event in Spain where they sat with the King and Queen of Spain and a host of other prominent figures.

For more than a year, the Aga, who is separated from his second wife, Princess Inaara, has been spending time with divorcee Mrs von der Schulenburg, daughter of Sixties folk singer Frederik van Pallandt, who was half of the Nina and Frederik singing duo."
Old 10-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Karim Agha Khan was such a handsome young man when he succeeded his Grandfather. And what a beautiful couple him and Begum Salimah were! It´s a shame he inherited his father´s (Aly Khan) roving eyes.
Thanks Little Star for all these photos. I had a great crush on Karim when I was a teenager. Saw his photo in Paris Match when he became the new spititual leader.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:37 AM

I'm new around these parts, so please excuse my ignorance, but is there a formal reason why Princess Khaliya would wear a saree at her wedding. The Aga Khans are Iranian, so why wear Indian clothing?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Administrator

The Aga Khan has a close association with Pakistan; maybe that's the sari link.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Zimbio
Princess Yasmin Aga Khan attends the 2008 Alzheimer's Association Rita Hayworth Gala at Grand Ballroom, Waldorf=Astoria Hotel on October 28, 2008 in New York City.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2gt0nxt.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/15qf1hc.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/20kvo60.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2vwe6bt.jpg
Princess Yasmin Aga Khan, Allen Brill and wife
http://i37.tinypic.com/j93lmv.jpg

Princess Yasmin and Allen Brill are the Gala co-chairs.

Tags
aga khan, khan