HH The Aga Khan IV and Family 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giov,
Thanks a lot for the photos!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
Princess Khalyia looked great.

The queen looks stunning. So much better than those beaded, white sacks she has been wearing lately for eveningwear.

Little Star: Does it stand true then that Mark Bowden, Princess Zahra's husband is still a practising Christian?

he is a full nephew? I highly doubt that he needs to perform in adult movies to make a living.
I just read an article bout it all in a magazine this affair and apparently the guy is quite extreme in his tastes and rather unsafe too.

Goodness, I stumbled across these threads. Embirikos is a scion of a Greek shipping family as well as a nephew of the Aga Kahn. The last thing he needs is cash, escpecially performing like that.

Little Star: Does it stand true then that Mark Bowden, Princess Zahra's husband is still a practising Christian?

I have not seen them together in a long while. Are they still married?

and he is very handsome, the only thing I can not forgive him is that he devorced his lovely first wife and remarried a rediculous one. Well at least he divorced her too.

Susan, if I remember the story correctly, Begum Salima herself divorced the Aga Khan. There is so much acrimony she was not even present at her children's weddings. He allegedly was playing the field with a number of other women. At the time he announced his engagement to the second wife (Inaara) those in the know were surprised because there was another seemigly serious affaire he was carrying on with an unnamed lady. With all her faults, it does not seem that the second wife was the reason the first wife was pushed aside.

The Aga Kahn's 1st wife Begum Salima or Salimah was and is still very well liked. From what I have read, when they were 1st married..about 1969 he (Karim) was very much in love with her. They had 3 kids quickly..then in about 1984 maybe even earlier he started playing the field. According to the gossip columnist "Suzy" in W magazine at the time their divorce, he was the one who filed the divorce, because he wanted to marry a beautiful Argentine widow whose husband had died while playing polo.
Suzy and the greek gossip writer "Taki" said that from 1984 on, Salimah lived by herself with the 3 kids in their estate in Switzerland.
Both writers claim that in those years he treated her terribly..had alot of mistresses. Ex..Karim was visiting Stravros Niarchos and his family in the '80s on their privite greek island and left with Spryros fiancee..a Pilar Goess.. He had an affair with her. for a few years! she was blond and did like like his 2nd wife Inaara. I beleive she died a few years ago.

Also, the Aga Khan is still mariried to his 2nd wife Begum Inaara. They are separated but not divorced. See Dailey Mail UK for more info, and Wikopedia under Begun Inaara.

In addition for the past year, Karim's latest girlfreind is Beatrice von der Schulenburg. I have never seen a photo of her, but she is described as blond and looking alot like Inaara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something from the Mail online dated 18 February 2008:

Is the Aga's friendship hotting up? | Mail Online

"There has been a sophisticated shift in the growing friendship between the fabulously wealthy Aga Khan and his British-based companion Beatrice von der Schulenburg.

The couple have been introduced together at a major high society event in Spain where they sat with the King and Queen of Spain and a host of other prominent figures.

For more than a year, the Aga, who is separated from his second wife, Princess Inaara, has been spending time with divorcee Mrs von der Schulenburg, daughter of Sixties folk singer Frederik van Pallandt, who was half of the Nina and Frederik singing duo."

Karim Agha Khan was such a handsome young man when he succeeded his Grandfather. And what a beautiful couple him and Begum Salimah were! It´s a shame he inherited his father´s (Aly Khan) roving eyes.
Thanks Little Star for all these photos. I had a great crush on Karim when I was a teenager. Saw his photo in Paris Match when he became the new spititual leader.:wub:

I'm new around these parts, so please excuse my ignorance, but is there a formal reason why Princess Khaliya would wear a saree at her wedding. The Aga Khans are Iranian, so why wear Indian clothing?

The Aga Khan has a close association with Pakistan; maybe that's the sari link.

Last edited:
Princess Yasmin was a devoted daughter to her mother, Rita Hayworth. As a child, she was disputed hotly by her Father, Aly Khan and her Mother. Eventually, her Father died in an accident. Her Mother, Rita had Alzheimers and is deceased as well.

princess Zahra is beautiful ... i loved her jewels Specially her earings

Warren, thanks for the link. It was extremely informative. If he is the spiritual leader for so many, I don't understand how he can get away with all that. Any further insights??

courtesy of iceflower
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales attends Google's annual
European Zeitgeist conference on May 19, 2009 in London;
pictured here with the Begum Inaara Aga Khan

** Picture **

I thought The Aga Kahn divorced - may she still remain Begum ???
I do not like this lady remembering her wedding with the Prince of Leiningen.
This Prince renonced a lot for being married with her, and after a few years she left him for Karim Aga Kahn.
By the way her mother is not on the picture ??

It was announced in 2004 that the Age Khan intended to commence divorce proceedings (see here) but since then there has been no news on the subject.
We have no way of knowing the reason(s) behind the failure of Prince Karl-Emich's second marriage.

I was wondering if there are any pictures of Aga Khan IV when he was younger I have found three, I am finding it difficult to find more pictures of him, it is not for any project I was just interested in him as a person.

A Google images search brought up a few photos of Prince Karim, but as a minor he was largely kept out of the public eye, just as his young children were and his young son Prince Aly is today.

Hubert Burda, economist Muhammad Yunus and Gabriele Princess Inaara
The Begum Aga Khan attend the Digital Life Design (DLD) conference at
HVB Forum on January 26, 2010 in Munich, Germany.

The DLD brings together global leaders and creators from the digital world.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Charles and Prince Andrew during a reception for the delegates
of Afghanistan (including Afghan President Hamid Karzai) : The
London Conference, at St James's Palace in London January 27, 2010.

The one-day London conference on Afghanistan, organized by the
UK, France and Germany, is highlighting European civilian and foreign
aid contributions to Afghanistan.

The Aga Khan representing his Aga Khan Development Network was
also present:

** Pic ** . ** belga **

The Aga Khan poses for photographers before the morning session of
the Global Zero Summit in Paris, France, 02 February 2010.

The Global Zero Summit will convene 200 international political, military,
business and religious leaders until February 04 to discuss a practical
step-by-step plan for the phased, verified elimination of all nuclear
weapons and to launch a global grassroots campaign. Queen Noor of
Jordan attended as well (pic 3).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Begum Inaara Aga Khan attended the opening of the luxury hotel
Kameha Grand together with other German celebrities and politicians
in Bonn, Germany, February 28, 2010. Here she's pictured with German
Tv moderator Thomas Gottschalk:

---------> Pic

Status