The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Ditto on what M. Payton said!

The more that is found, the more of an understanding of what these people that lived in very ancient times we have.

As Sarah Parcak, an American archaeologist says, "Less than 1 percent of ancient Egypt has been discovered and excavated. With population pressures, urbanization, and modernization encroaching, we're in a race against time."

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-16-2017, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Egypt opened a exhibition with unseen King Tut artifacts

Egypt displays previously unseen King Tut artifacts | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-18-2017, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gold artefacts found in King Tut's tomb were imported | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-18-2017, 05:14 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you Eya, great article and very interesting. I remember the treasures of King Tut back in 1970 sometime as I lived in Chicago then and had the opportunity to see the exhibit 3 times. What a thrill it was to see and wish I could go to Egypt and see the wonders of the ancient world....someday!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

A 3,000-year-old Egyptian gate moved to pyramids of Giza | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-06-2017, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

Eya, Thank you so much for the article as it was very interesting. I loved the pink granite that it was made of, this is going to be a really fabulous museum when completed and something I really have to see. In Chicago there is the Human-Headed Winged Bull (lamassu) and neighboring palace courtyard reliefs, from the Palace of Sargon II (721–705 BC) at Khorsabad. They are so majestic and to think this was all done by hand thousands of years ago, I have seen them a couple of times and they take my breath away with their beauty. I am really hoping for pictures of the opening of this new museum in the future ..........amazing what is still out there to be discovered.........maybe we should go find a mummy or two...
Old 01-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

A throne made from Meteorites help the Pharaoh "move to the next life"

Is there a throne of meteorites inside the Great Pyramid? | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

If there was such a throne, it would have been something that has at least been linked to by myths and legends. As the Great Pyramid was not ever used as a tomb, there is no reason to think that any kind of a throne would be in existence somewhere in there. The Great Pyramid and is two companions at Giza remain a huge source of study and is one I'm vastly interested in.

The only reference that may be attributed to a meteorite would be the much honored Ben-Ben Stone which was housed in the sun temple located in the City of Heliopolis, dedicated to the solar deity Ra

Old 01-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Archaeologists begin dig for the body of Ankhesenamun

Has Tutankhamun's tragic teenage wife finally been found? | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Archaeologists begin dig for the body of Ankhesenamun

Has Tutankhamun's tragic teenage wife finally been found? | Daily Mail Online
That article is both contradictory and confusing.
Especially the parts about parentage.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the dig does prove to uncover Ankhesenamun's mummy, it will be a major find and be invaluable to the research going on into the Amarna dynasty. Ankhesenamun was not only wife to Tutankhamun, but also the daughter of his father, Akhenaten and although not proven, Nefertiti.

Old 03-27-2018, 01:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rare 3,500 year-old sculpture of female Pharaoh Hatshepsut is found

Egyptian artwork of female pharaoh Hatshepsut is found | Daily Mail Online

WHO WAS QUEEN HATSHEPSUT?** | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-27-2018, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Very interesting article and thanks for finding it, eya. It kind of coincides with a book I'm reading that goes into depth about discoveries and finds made throughout Egypt. From what I have been reading, a lot of finds are stashed away in dark corners in museums collecting dust.

The book I'm reading is called "The Shadow King: The Bizarre Afterlife of King Tut's Mummy" by Jo Marchant.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That article is both contradictory and confusing.
Especially the parts about parentage.
One thing that does confuse a lot of modern sensibilities is that it is not generally known that the marriage practices within the royal houses remained within the family. Fathers married daughters and brothers married sisters and there was a lot of inbreeding going on.

Marriage Practices

Old 03-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Many *Thank You's* Eya for posting that information on Hatshepsut. She has always been one of my very favorite females in ancient history. I just got a book on her, Hatchepsut by Joyce Tyldesley and it is a very detailed book, the kind that you need just the right amount of consternation with pen and paper in hand to take notes so that the notes go into my computer. I do that with these kind of books, so enjoyable to read about her.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Archaeologists and scientists restoring an ancient boat were buried in pits next to Pharaoh Khufu’s Great Pyramid at Giza.

Rebuilding history - restoring a pharaoh’s ancient boat - BBC News
Old 04-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Serene Highness

Eya,

Many Thank You's for this, how interesting and what is amazing is that the ancient people actually left *instructions* for people in the after life to build the boat again........that just made me reread the article...darn they did not leave anything to chance did they.....amazing group of ancients there I would say.....I am currently working on a book of *Cleopatras*, not the famous one but the name and where it came from and all named before and after The Cleopatra as we know her. A very technical book and not easy to read for a layperson such as me.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Rare 3,500 year-old sculpture of female Pharaoh Hatshepsut is found

WHO WAS QUEEN HATSHEPSUT?** | Daily Mail Online

When I was in the Royal Mummy room at the old Egyptian Museum some years ago standing next to Queen Hatshepsut there was a smal etikette attached to her glass coffin there saying Queen Hatshepsut was "an obese woman with a toothake...I've never been more dumbfounded as to why on earth anyone at that respectable museum would give a discription like that for a Lady of her stature.

Another detail..she was laying between Tuthmoses III and Ramses II..oh history...
Old 05-07-2018, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tutankhamun "secret chamber" does not exist, researchers find

No secret chambers behind ancient Egypt's young king... | Daily Mail Online

Radar scans 'prove there are NO hidden burial chambers' in King Tutankhamun's tomb | Daily Mail Online

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...tanntp&ffid=gz