The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Other Non-Reigning Houses and Historical Monarchies

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ancient Egypt queen 'killed by poison in flask' - The Independent
German researchers have discovered a carcinogenic substance in a flask believed to have belonged to Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled Egypt 3,500 years ago, raising the possibility that she may have accidentally poisoned herself.

Did Skin Cream Kill Egypt’s Queen Hatshepsut?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velasco View Post
What I don't understand is, why did the Greek Ptolemy family suddenly embrace Ancient Egyptian practice of royal incest? And from that point on, marry their own siblings, in some cases father-daughter marriages, and even multiple marriages (ie, two brothers married to the same sister, simultaneously.
It's not only the Egyptian royal history that is full of incest, so is both the Egyptian and Greek mythologies. If being familiar with myths and stories full of incest I wouldn't think that the step to actually marrying a family member is that far away, especially when living in a country where royal incest was accepted and almost expected.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What Did Cleopatra Look Like?

What Did Cleopatra Look Like?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Ancient Egypt queen 'killed by poison in flask' - The Independent
German researchers have discovered a carcinogenic substance in a flask believed to have belonged to Queen Hatshepsut, who ruled Egypt 3,500 years ago, raising the possibility that she may have accidentally poisoned herself.

Did Skin Cream Kill Egypt’s Queen Hatshepsut?

I don't know if that would be accidental,or due to her dentals..

In the mummy rooms of the Egyptian Museum in Cairo,I was eye to eye with Seti,Ramses II,Hatshepsut and Thutmosis III.

A "note" next to the remains of Hatshepsut said:Hatshepsut was an obese woman with toothache".....Just like that and just that.Totally
denying who she had been,just remembered as an obese woman with toothache...You'd wish people would remember you for a tad more then that....

The Egyptian Museum

Sakkarah,Farao Djoser's pyramid,5000 years of history look upon you...Build by the famous Imhotep:

Vast square and remains of funerary temples in front of the pyramid at Sakkarah

All pics are my own and made by me.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Majesty

One of two shaft used for the funeral of Farao Djoser,as Imhotep had them designed as the actual entrance of the Pyramid..!!..Still intact both shafts are 20 meters deep and a long long corridor leads from the bottom to the pyramid underneath the entire lenght of the square as shown in the pics above.

Mindboggling but true nevertheless,Imhotep designed that.There is NO other entrance into the pyramid...Not that one could enter,it needs stiff renovation/preservation as the pics below show...Nevertheless,I never saw anything else that stood arround for 7213 years..

Across the square from the pyramid to the shafts

Old 09-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Ancient Egypt

All at Sakkarah,much more interesting and mindblowing then Gizeh,allthough impressive,this captures the mind even more...I think.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Ancien Egypt

Huge statue of Ramses II at Memphis

All my own pics made by me,feel free to use them if you like.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Majesty

At the Pyramids of Gizeh

The white structure at the bottom of Cheops pyramid houses the sunboat of the Farao

Remnants of Tombs and temples in the vicinity of the Pyramids

Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Chefren's pyramid

View towards Cairo from the plateau.Closeby a cemetery as even to this day Egyptians like to be buried close to their Farao's.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Majesty

Ancient Egypt

Too busy and too touristy...The Sfinx:

All is set and ready for the evening Sound and Light show at Gizeh