Ancient Egyptian Dynasties to the Ptolemies of Egypt & Palestine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Egypt Pharaoh statue 'not Ramses II but different ruler' - BBC News

"An ancient statue which was pulled from the mud in Cairo is not the Pharaoh Ramses II, but could be another king, Egypt's antiquities minister has said."

Excavation digs up statue that could be King Tut's grandma | Daily Mail Online

"Massive beautifully carved statue of the quuen believed to be King Tutankhamun's grandmother unearthed along the Nile"

A CHARIOT and funeral bed belonging to ancient Egypt's boy-king Tutankhamun were safely moved yesterday across Cairo to a new museum that Egypt hopes will lure back wary tourists.

Tutankhamun's belongings moved to new Egyptian museum to lure tourists to Cairo | World | News | Express.co.uk

King Tut's bed moved to Grand Egyptian Museum | Daily Mail Online

Archaeologists believe Tutankhamun's wife has been found | Daily Mail Online

Archaeologists believe that found the tomb of Tutankhamun wife Anhkesenamun

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read about that new museum that is in the works and from what I've seen, its somewhere I'd really like to spend a month or two or more. :D

Did you know that the oldest book in the world comes from 3550 BCE in the 5th dynasty of these ancient people of what we know as Egypt? Its been surmised that the actual content may be a lot older but these papyri were used as kind of a moral instruction on how to live one's life as we would find today in a Sunday school class or a code of ethics.

Its amazing to read and know that these instructions far precede not only the Old Testament but also Babylon's Code of Hammurabi.

It is available for reading in full at this website:
https://archive.org/stream/theinstructionof30508gut/pg30508.txt

5th dynasty was about a thousand years later

I've read about that new museum that is in the works and from what I've seen, its somewhere I'd really like to spend a month or two or more. :D

Did you know that the oldest book in the world comes from 3550 BCE in the 5th dynasty of these ancient people of what we know as Egypt? Its been surmised that the actual content may be a lot older but these papyri were used as kind of a moral instruction on how to live one's life as we would find today in a Sunday school class or a code of ethics.

Its amazing to read and know that these instructions far precede not only the Old Testament but also Babylon's Code of Hammurabi.

It is available for reading in full at this website:
https://archive.org/stream/theinstructionof30508gut/pg30508.txt

It's old. But certainly not that old. 3550 bce predates the dynastic era, not alone the fifth dynasty. You are correct though, the book dates to the 5th dynasty. You are just off by a thousand years.

The man who is said to have written it was vizier to the second last ruler of the fifth dynasty, Dyjedkare. He was ruler in 2414-2375. The script would have been written some where around then.

Last edited:
A CHARIOT and funeral bed belonging to ancient Egypt's boy-king Tutankhamun were safely moved yesterday across Cairo to a new museum that Egypt hopes will lure back wary tourists.

Tutankhamun's belongings moved to new Egyptian museum to lure tourists to Cairo | World | News | Express.co.uk

King Tut's bed moved to Grand Egyptian Museum | Daily Mail Online

Was about time the Museum was finished and ready to receive the splendours of ancient Egypt.When I visited the site of the new Museum 9 years ago I already thought oh well,that won't be too long before it opens...But then that proved wrong as Egypt had to deal with some change and violence over the years putting works on hold several times.

The venue is beautifull,impressive,overlooking the Pyramids from the hill,
and one is overcome with the intense sensation that on and under this sand lies a massive remnant of a time that saw a much more civilised world then the one we crawl around on these days.

As for tourists,they'll have to wipe out some sort of trash that is currently messing up on Egypt's soil,and only then tourists will flock down safely on this dusty but incredibly mysterious city again.

The venue is beautifull,impressive,overlooking the Pyramids from the hill, and one is overcome with the intense sensation that on and under this sand lies a massive remnant of a time that saw a much more civilised world then the one we crawl around on these days.

Thank you, Lucien, for putting my thoughts into words much more eloquently than I could and I totally agree.

One thing I am finding out through all the information I've been inhaling over the past decades in regards to these ancient peoples is that, unlike our current materialistic and physically absorbed societies, day to day life was much more centered around their spiritual lives and a moral way of living their lives.

These people had an extensive wealth of knowledge some of which we're just rediscovering today. One of the biggest crimes against humanity I think was the burning of the library at Alexandria. If only we could read those ancient scrolls today we probably would have a totally different outlook on this ancient land.

Thanks for that article, I hope there is updates of this search for this is one subject I enjoy reading about.?

Thank you for the update Laura. I always like Zahi Hawass for he was such a strong man when he was the head of the Antiquities Dept. He worked very hard to keep the artifacts in Egypt where they belong. There has always been lots of criticism about him yet he really protected the ancient history of his home land and for that I give him tons of credit. In reading about this culture and the history, I see Zahi Hawass as one of the pharaoh's of the past working to protect his kingdom.

Let's hope that they don't take years to start doing something that can be done now......

If you get any new info I would really appreciate hearing it, this is one of my favorite reading materials.

:previous:
Thank you Eya for the news,

This is such thrilling news and just fabulous that there is a new discovery in ancient Egypt. Being someone who is an amateur Egyptologist any news of a discovery brings forth new info about the ancient world to light and the more we can learn from them.

Reactions: eya
:previous: Ditto on what M. Payton said!

The more that is found, the more of an understanding of what these people that lived in very ancient times we have.

As Sarah Parcak, an American archaeologist says, "Less than 1 percent of ancient Egypt has been discovered and excavated. With population pressures, urbanization, and modernization encroaching, we're in a race against time."

Thank you Eya, great article and very interesting. I remember the treasures of King Tut back in 1970 sometime as I lived in Chicago then and had the opportunity to see the exhibit 3 times. What a thrill it was to see and wish I could go to Egypt and see the wonders of the ancient world....someday!?

If there was such a throne, it would have been something that has at least been linked to by myths and legends. As the Great Pyramid was not ever used as a tomb, there is no reason to think that any kind of a throne would be in existence somewhere in there. The Great Pyramid and is two companions at Giza remain a huge source of study and is one I'm vastly interested in.

The only reference that may be attributed to a meteorite would be the much honored Ben-Ben Stone which was housed in the sun temple located in the City of Heliopolis, dedicated to the solar deity Ra

Archaeologists begin dig for the body of Ankhesenamun

Has Tutankhamun's tragic teenage wife finally been found? | Daily Mail Online

Rare 3,500 year-old sculpture of female Pharaoh Hatshepsut is found

Egyptian artwork of female pharaoh Hatshepsut is found | Daily Mail Online

WHO WAS QUEEN HATSHEPSUT?** | Daily Mail Online

Archaeologists and scientists restoring an ancient boat were buried in pits next to Pharaoh Khufu’s Great Pyramid at Giza.

Rebuilding history - restoring a pharaoh’s ancient boat - BBC News

Last edited by a moderator:
If the dig does prove to uncover Ankhesenamun's mummy, it will be a major find and be invaluable to the research going on into the Amarna dynasty. Ankhesenamun was not only wife to Tutankhamun, but also the daughter of his father, Akhenaten and although not proven, Nefertiti.

Very interesting article and thanks for finding it, eya. It kind of coincides with a book I'm reading that goes into depth about discoveries and finds made throughout Egypt. From what I have been reading, a lot of finds are stashed away in dark corners in museums collecting dust.

The book I'm reading is called "The Shadow King: The Bizarre Afterlife of King Tut's Mummy" by Jo Marchant.

That article is both contradictory and confusing.
Especially the parts about parentage.

One thing that does confuse a lot of modern sensibilities is that it is not generally known that the marriage practices within the royal houses remained within the family. Fathers married daughters and brothers married sisters and there was a lot of inbreeding going on.

Marriage Practices

Many *Thank You's* Eya for posting that information on Hatshepsut. She has always been one of my very favorite females in ancient history. I just got a book on her, Hatchepsut by Joyce Tyldesley and it is a very detailed book, the kind that you need just the right amount of consternation with pen and paper in hand to take notes so that the notes go into my computer. I do that with these kind of books, so enjoyable to read about her.

Reactions: eya
:flowers:Eya,

Many Thank You's for this, how interesting and what is amazing is that the ancient people actually left *instructions* for people in the after life to build the boat again........that just made me reread the article...darn they did not leave anything to chance did they.....amazing group of ancients there I would say.....I am currently working on a book of *Cleopatras*, not the famous one but the name and where it came from and all named before and after The Cleopatra as we know her. A very technical book and not easy to read for a layperson such as me.

Rare 3,500 year-old sculpture of female Pharaoh Hatshepsut is found

WHO WAS QUEEN HATSHEPSUT?** | Daily Mail Online

:previous::previous:

When I was in the Royal Mummy room at the old Egyptian Museum some years ago standing next to Queen Hatshepsut there was a smal etikette attached to her glass coffin there saying Queen Hatshepsut was "an obese woman with a toothake...I've never been more dumbfounded as to why on earth anyone at that respectable museum would give a discription like that for a Lady of her stature.

Another detail..she was laying between Tuthmoses III and Ramses II..oh history...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom