Alexander The Great

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was informative to learn that Alexander renamed a city in India for Bucephalus the wild horse.

:previous: He founded another city in honour of his favourite dog: Peritas.

I remember reading a trilogy on Alexander and in it, the soldiers addressed him by his name. This was a fictional work,though, so I'm not sure how much truth it contains
Could it be Mary Renault's books? She wrote "Fire from Heaven", about his childhood and youth, "The Persian Boy", about Alexander's conquest of Persia narrated by Bagoas, a Persian boy who became Alexander's lover, and the third book is "Funeral Games", about Alexander's successors after his death. She has also written a non-fiction biography, "The Nature of Alexander". I can recommend all four books, they are well written and give a good, if not entirely true/neutral, picture of Alexander and his time, and she was knowledgeable about the ancient Greek world.

Thank you Eya for the info, as always I love the news on ancient history and this is such a find for the world. I honestly believe there is so much left to find and so much still deeply hidden in Egypt never to be found. :flowers:

Thank you Eya for the info, as always I love the news on ancient history and this is such a find for the world. I honestly believe there is so much left to find and so much still deeply hidden in Egypt never to be found. :flowers:

Most of our history knowledge is eternally lost in egypt with the fire of alexandrian library. 10,000 years of history lost, including works about Alexander the Great.

As far as I'm aware his remains were never discovered so I'd take that DM theory with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom