Videos for King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted - it's a compilation with music. Some very lovely stills included. Carl Gustav was very good looking as a very young man. (His son does not look like him imo. Carl Philip more resembles his mother, though there are aspects of his father, of course).

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N75adJ2lXQ8
TEXT: "Published on Mar 6, 2012: Carl XVI Gustaf (full name: Carl Gustaf Folke Hubertus, born 30 April 1946) is the reigning King of Sweden since 15 September 1973, succeeding his grandfather King Gustaf VI Adolf. He is the only son of the late Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, who died in 1947, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The King's heir apparent, upon passage on 1 January 1980 of a new law establishing absolute primogeniture (the first such law passed in European history), is Crown Princess Victoria, the eldest child of the King and his wife, Queen Silvia. He is also 203rd in the line of succession to the British and other Commonwealth thrones."

Just found this. It is in Russian but there are still nice archived video clips in it.
"??????? ??????" - "??????? 21 ????". 74-? ?????? ?????? ???? XVI ?????? ???????? ?????? ? ??????? ????????

Wonderful video clips! :flowers: Thank you for posting, Sarahbellar. I especially liked when the Queen talked about their meeting at the Olympics. I must say, too, that with those pictures of Queen Silvia as a very young woman, it's clear (to me) that Madeleine resembles her mother most nearly exactly.

Searching for video!!

Does anyone possibly know where i could find the show ”En kväll för vår drottning”, that was broadcasted in 2013? I’ve already tried SVT but it’s sadly not available there. I’ve been seeing lots of short sequences from the whole show and would really like to watch it. Someone maybe has it saved?
Please let me know!!

Does anyone possibly know where i could find the show ”En kväll för vår drottning”, that was broadcasted in 2013? I’ve already tried SVT but it’s sadly not available there. I’ve been seeing lots of short sequences from the whole show and would really like to watch it. Someone maybe has it saved?
Please let me know!!

I might have it saved... I will check

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, the king and queen and their dog Brandie attended the inauguration of a new pavilion in Drottningholm's Palace park.
The pavilion is located on Ormholmen in the part of the Palace park called the English Park. The island, which goes by the name dog island, is open to everyone and dogs can go loose without a leash.
The new pavilion was built on the initiative of the King.

A video at Youtube of The Royal Palaces
Video by SPA

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the White House in October 2006 with President Bush and the First Lady.

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia visited Brussels on 5 and 6 March 2019. The aim of the visit was to find out about the work of the European Council, the Council of the European Union, the European Commission, the European Parliament and Sweden's Permanent Representation to the EU.

Queen Silvia speaking in English to EWTN following her meeting with Pope Francis in April 2015.

Engagement King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden:

Christening of Carl Gustaf (1946)

King Gustav VI Adolf is declared dead and the Swedish people get to see their new king Carl XVI Gustaf for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The king and queen with their dog Brandie on "Dog Island" - Ormholmen in the part of the Drottningholm Palace park.
On 7th March, we see the king and queen arriving at 4.30.
On 30th May, we see the king and queen arriving at 1.35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom