King Carl XVI Gustaf's Birthday - April 30: 2003-2005, 2008-2015, 2017-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
We can hope or look forward to a lot of family pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 463
  • k.jpg
    k.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • r.jpg
    r.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 509
  • l.jpg
    l.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,561
  • o.jpg
    o.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 478
  • post_23_1051711830.jpg
    post_23_1051711830.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 448
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,434
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 454

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 376
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 446
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 333
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,452
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 528
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,441
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,407
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,380
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,420
Nice pictures, I was there today it was a great cermony.

Beautiful pictures Josefine. :) Thank you for sharing them.

As always, fabulous pictures, Josefine!

Prince Carl Philip is looking more like his dad every day. Espescially in the side profiles.

A few more to add to the lovely ones Josefine has already posted.

From IBL: The family plus Lilian.

Attachments

• SW_030430_08.jpg
    SW_030430_08.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,480
The King's 58th Birthday - 30 April 2004

Its the king's birthday today....

Thanks for the pictures, Yennie. That was a cute photo.

what great photo the kid hugging the king.

i saw more photos and most kids gave the king a hug......

I was there!!

At first there was one girl hugging the king and he looked a bit shocked, but after that all the kids hugged him. There was a long line of kids who wanted to give him flowers. It was really nice.

Victoria looked really strict but very happy. Madeleine, I noticed, looked a bit... what should I call it... "off". After the orchestra had played music everyone started clapping and Madeleine started much later than everyone else. And she didn't smile so much. I wonder if she was sick or tired or something...

That is too bad about Madeleine. Maybe she had a tough night studying or something. Strict but happy. Hmm. That was cool. One spontaneous moment and then everybody did it. Awesome.

When I say "strict but happy" I mean she was standing very straight up and her head held high so she looked very serious. But at the same time she seemed to be laughing and joking with princess Lilian all the time.

I think she seems like such a lovely person! :flower:

Better picture of the King
Kungen hade tur med födelsedagsvädret

Han fick en mängd blommor från både blyga och morska barn och en lång näverlur från Dalarna som han dock avböjde att tuta i inför folkmassan. Allt var ungefär som vanligt vid Slottet när kungens födelsedag firades

Strax efter klockan elva på valborgsmässoaftonens soliga förmiddag var det sedan länge trångt bakom avspärrningarna kring kungliga Slottets yttre borggård. Turisterna var där, de många flaggviftande barnen likaså och så många, många ur den rojalistiska allmänheten.
Gång på gång ombads folkmassan via högtalarutrop att släppa fram de minsta barnen så att de skulle kunna se någonting.
- Själv ser jag inte ett dugg trots att jag är en och åttio lång. Men det gör ingenting för jag vet ju hur han ser ut. Dessutom ser jag de fina hattarna på musikkåren, sade Gudrun Linse från Årsta i södra Stockholm som stod tillsammans med sin mor en bit bakom den tätaste folkmassan.

Kotte
Programmet vid kungens 58-årsdag inleddes med inmarsch av arméns trumkår som så småningom fick sällskap av arméns musikkår, vars blanka plymförsedda kaskar fick mången förtjust kommentar av de församlade barnen.
Femåriga Agnes Wahldén från Järfälla hade rest till Slottet på morgonen med pappa Mikael. Vid tågstationen hade hon hittat en tallkotte som hon tyckte var fin och som hon tänkte överlämna till kungen tillsammans med en tulpanbukett.
Mindre nöjd var femåriga Filippa Liljeros en bit därifrån. Hon hade ritat en flagga men råkat glömma den i bilen. Mormor Ingrid Karlenstål fick trösta efter bästa förmåga, samtidigt som kamerorna höjdes mot den vårblå himlen då födelsedagsbarnet i egen hög person uniformsklädd tågade ut från Västra valvet och in på borggården. I sällskap hade han prins Carl Philip, även han iförd uniform.

Familjen vinkade
Efter mer musik, sedvanlig högvaktceremoni, parad för fanan, fyrfaldigt leve och Kungssången var det så dags för alla barn att överlämna sina medhavda blomster till toner av Brudmarsch från Jämtland. Agnes Wahldén överräckte tillsammans med tulpaner och kotte också ett egenhändigt tillverkat halsband, men pekade bestämt upp mot det öppna fönstret vid Ordenssalarna där en turkosklädd drottning Silvia visade sig tillsammans med kronprinsessan Victoria och prinsessorna Madeleine och Lilian. Halsbandet var tydligen inte avsett för kungen, men han tackade ändå artigt.
Därefter blåste företrädare för Vasaloppet en fanfar i näverlur. Kungen fick en egen lur i gåva. Han ville dock inte pröva sitt nya instrument offentligt, till pressfotografernas stora förtret.

Originally posted by Cissan@Apr 30th, 2004 - 10:01 am
When I say "strict but happy" I mean she was standing very straight up and her head held high so she looked very serious. But at the same time she seemed to be laughing and joking with princess Lilian all the time.

I think she seems like such a lovely person! :flower:
Okay. I knew what you meant. Just serious. I figured. Yes, lovely. All of the time. Glad to see her having a good time too. Like the photos where she is peaking out on the balcony from behind Lillian.

there are a lot of pictures at IBL
who will post them so that we do not post the same pictures... maybe you can help out D

thank you for posting the pictures i did post some the the sibling thread and the family group photo thread

Really nice pics! Thanks for posting everyone! It was a great day it seems. Hope the King's 58th year is filled with prosperity, love, and good health.

Thanks to all, who have posted pictures! :flower:
Madeleine has/had always very cute/young and "fresh"-looking facial features (the lips, the form/shape of the face, the colour of the eyes), but when I look at her skin (in these pictures, esp. the closeups) then I see the skin of a much older woman than one of 21...she should really stop this tanning!

I really liked Madeleines jacket, it had a nice cut. But she looked a little bit sad...

Originally posted by lubgk@Apr 30th, 2004 - 12:28 pm
I really liked Madeleines jacket, it had a nice cut. But she looked a little bit sad...
I definitely agree that she is looking sad in these pictures. In one of the pictures of the siblings, it looks like Victoria is trying to cheer Madeleine up, but it doesn't seem to be working. I feel bad for her. :cry:

The earrings look nice...these long earrings fit to her. But I´ve to admit that the first thing, which I spotted, was the gel-fixed ponytail. Gah...I should try to be more positive!

I'm happy to say: I WAS THERE!!!!! :D :clap:

And despite the two hours standing, the fact I couldn't see that much bc of this taller ppl on my front, I enjoyed it very much.:)

Interesting that has been posted that Madeleine looked tired, when I look at the pics I agree, and being there I had the impression she wasn’t much into it...
I thought all the family would be going down and not just waving from the balcony, but one can't ask for that much :p The other think I didn't like that much was the times nothing was happening...and everyone was waiting for the schedule time for something to happen.
There were two older ladies just next to me that complained it used to be nicer. 50 years ago was much better and that even last year it was better...Anyone has been there before that could tell me if this is true?
:flower:

Yeah. Tired. I looked at more of the photos and I thought she looked bored as well. Too bad about the taller people. That often happens. But it is great that you were able to go.

Princess Madeleine looks so much prettier without that heavy tan that she had for most of last year.

Thanks for posting the pics, everyone!

Nice to see some new family pictures...but:
-Madeleine looks so tired/bored
-Silvia has an outfit we´ve seen maaany times before
- Victorias earings looks...odd
but Carl Philip looks hot..as usual :p
And I must say, last years photo session was much better!

haha, enough of my opinions, It´s nice to see the family together again!

Back
Top Bottom