King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia's Silver Wedding Anniversary: June 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Yennie!

Yes, Yennie, I agree with Josefine: I really love your posts! Thank you very much for doing this for us! :)

Yennie

Thank you for posting those photographs, I've never seen them before. :):cool:;)

do you think there will be a 30 year celebration of thier wedding the year 200`?
or 30 year celebration of silvias years as queen of sweden

Some photos from the silver wedding:
Gala in Drottningholm castle
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia
Corbis
Crown princess Victoria and princess Lilian
Corbis
Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine
Corbis
Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik
Corbis
Victoria, Lilian, Carl Philip and Madeleine
Corbis
Crown prince Haakon, Mette-Marit and princess Märtha Louise
Corbis
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia
Corbis

Photos from the costume party:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia
Corbis
Corbis
Crown princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Crown princess Victoria
Corbis
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria
Corbis

More photos from the costume party:
Prince Albert
Corbis
Queen Margrethe and prince Henrik
Corbis
The Norwegian Royal Family
Corbis
Queen Sonja
Corbis
Mette-Marit
Corbis
The Dutch Royal Family
Corbis
Queen Beatrix, Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima
Corbis
More partys like this, please!

Thank you, LadyFinn!
It was nice to post these pictures, but I mean pictures after the official part outside the castle! Pictures of the while the dinner, or something like this!
Does anyone have pictures like this?

Thank you!
All these pictures are very nice!
I would really love it, if Silvia and Carl Gustaf hold hands in the first picture! I have never seen them holding hands! They are a very cute couple! The best of all royal couples!

Obviously it was raining - looking at the clothes...
IBL
IBL
IBL
IBL
IBL
King Juan Carlos and Crown Princess Victoria are having a nice time
IBL
IBL
A cute photo of King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia
IBL

The king ordered this painting as a gift to queen Silvia on their Silver Wedding Anniversary. It is painted by Signe von der Esch, a friend of the royal family, she was the First Marshal of the Court when the king and queen got married. The painting is now at the exhibition "Signerat Signe von der Esch" which is at the Hallwylska museet until 7th June.
Signerad Signe von der Esch - Hallwylska museet

Last edited:
The dresses Victoria and Madeleine wore at the celebration, are being auctioned today. The dresses were borrowed from the Royal Opera, they had been designed to Rigoletto's wardrobe in 1987.

On Wednesday the 24th of October, the repertoire looks a little different at the Royal Opera. Barneby's co-operation with the Opera and Stockholm Auktionsverk takes on the glorious Goldfoajén together with about fifty items from the Opera archives, which will be auctioned for charitable purposes.
The purpose of the auction is to raise funds for the Youth on the Opera. The operation is funded primarily by government funds, but in order for the business to devote itself to promoting the culture among young people, including inviting children and young people who might otherwise be completely uninitiated opera seekers, additional resources are needed.
Sagolika utrop på välgörenhetsauktion i Operans Guldfoajé _ Stockholms Auktionsverk

Victoria's dress
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Madeleine's dress

Victoria and Madeleine

Last edited:
The dresses Victoria and Madeleine wore at the celebration, are being auctioned today. The dresses were borrowed from the Royal Opera, they had been designed to Rigoletto's wardrobe in 1987.

On Wednesday the 24th of October, the repertoire looks a little different at the Royal Opera. Barneby's co-operation with the Opera and Stockholm Auktionsverk takes on the glorious Goldfoajén together with about fifty items from the Opera archives, which will be auctioned for charitable purposes.
The purpose of the auction is to raise funds for the Youth on the Opera. The operation is funded primarily by government funds, but in order for the business to devote itself to promoting the culture among young people, including inviting children and young people who might otherwise be completely uninitiated opera seekers, additional resources are needed.
Sagolika utrop på välgörenhetsauktion i Operans Guldfoajé _ Stockholms Auktionsverk

Victoria's dress

Madeleine's dress

Victoria and Madeleine

The dress Victoria wore was sold at the auction, SEK 12 000
39. Kostym från operan Rigoletto
The dress Madeleine wore was sold at the auction, SEK 11 000
22. Kostym från operan Rigoletto

The King and Queen gave an interview before the Silver Wedding celebration

Back