The King and His Boats

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
I know he has one moored at Drottningholm.
I heard he has one at St. Maxime?
There are how elsewhere? Any pictures on these? Yachts are just so classy!

I hear he sneaks out a lot on his boat when in Stockholm. Any pictures on his escapades? Is it true he goes under the name 'Hans Hogheit' then?

:rolleyes:

He has one boat in Sweden named "Ancylus". He has had it since the early 90´s. And then the king has a new boat that he bought in 2000. Its in St Maxime and the boats name is Polaris

a picture of Polaris:

and this is Ancylus:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,668
  • Untitled_TrueColor_01.jpg
    Untitled_TrueColor_01.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,520
Last edited by a moderator:
GrandDuchess  Posted: Jul 17th, 2004 - 7:43 am

Article from Expressen today:

The article tells that The King and Prince Carl Philip has bought a new boat (remember that Prince Carl Philip got a boat from his father just recently, an English Fairline bought for 6 million SEK, now worth 4 million SEK) for 4 million SEK. The boat is a Storebro 410 Commander. The boat is among things thought to be used for times when they want to go on long trips with a boat, this new boat will then be used as a follower boat by the security guards.

The boat - a Storebro 410 Commander
Interiour of the boat model

GrandDuchess  Posted: Jul 17th, 2004 - 7:48 am

From the Storebro 410 Commander - from the company website:

"The Storebro 410 Commander shares the characteristic lines of her elegant yet sturdy sister ships. Inside, the large chart table in the functional pilothouse with its forward-looking passenger sofa stand out. The comfortable, roomy saloon also holds a well-equipped galley and a tastefully rounded sofa at the widest point, as well as sliding glass doors aft. The flying bridge is easily reached both from the protected aft deck and from inside the saloon by cleverly designed stairs. Large sliding side doors give quick and easy access to the side deck and from there on to the fore deck:
- Altogether, it gives you the same cosy feeling of a large boat as you get in the 475 Commander, Göran Johansson says.

In the fore cabin, a gorgeous full-length double berth sits between spacious wardrobes in light mahogany with satin finish varnish. The master head with WC and shower is accessed directly from the stateroom. Under the aft deck the two Volvo Penta diesels belonging to the new D6-generation are housed. With 310 hp each, together they are capable of moving the 12,5 metres long boat, weighing 9 tons, at speeds over 30 knots. Yet, the noise level under way is astoundingly low:
- The propeller tunnels are similar to those on the Storebro 475 Commander. That gives her a draft of a little less than one metre, and also means she doesn't generate much wake wash, Göran Johansson points out

The Storebro 410 Commander was developed at the Viamare Group's development centre at Nimbus Boats in Långedrag, and is built at Storebro."

Yennie  Posted: Sep 29th, 2003 - 1:37 am

And then the king has a new boat that he bought in 2000. Its in St Maxime and the boats name is Polaris
I think this might be a Storebro boat too.

Be interesting to know if the King spreads his favours (business) around, or for tradition's sake does he stay with one party

Is there a Royal ship like other Royals have, i never heard or seen one, that's why i ask?

There is no royal yacht or ship like there are in some other countries.

I don't know why the Swedish Royal House has no royal ship, but I guess it's because we don't have that kind of tradition in our royal house. In stead, we have had great war ships of The King (called regal ships in Swedish), not only the Vasa, but also many great and magnificent war ships. The Royal House has done their boating in private, and has never had the traditions of other European royal houses, making long official trips by boat. Our royals go sailing or boating in their private time.

Last edited:
i would love to see a royal chip like the once in denmark and norway

Does anybody have a picture of the gorgeous royal barge? I s that property of the King?

Back
Top Bottom