The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Swedish State Visit to Ukraine: September 30-October 3, 2008

As per the press release from the Swedish court - the King and Queen will make a state visit to Ukraine from the 30th of September to the 3rd of October, after an invitation from President Viktor Jusjtjenko.

The visit will start with two days in Kiev, continue in Cherson and finish at Krim.

They will be accompanied by members of the cabinet, and the Swedish business organizations.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Here the program of 30th September and 1st October in Kiew:

Instructions for media during the events of state visit of King of Sweden Carl XVI Gustaf to Ukraine - Official web-site of President of Ukraine

Old 09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

Here the first pictures from state visit in Ukraine:

Photo gallery - Official web-site of President of Ukraine
Old 09-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

More photos:
Daylife

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko and his wife Kateryna look at an exhibition at the Ukrainian National Historic Museum in Kiev on Wednesday
Dayfife
Daylife
King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko and his wife Kateryna liste ton national anthems at the National Opera in Kiev
ANP Beeldbank
Old 10-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks ursulajohanna and ladyfinn! A pity that HM did not wear a tiara (and the King no uniform) yesterday. Any idea why they went to a catherdral at night and in evening dress? The website of the Ukrainian president doesn't reveal anything about it (other than that they went there).
Old 10-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Any idea why they went to a catherdral at night and in evening dress? The website of the Ukrainian president doesn't reveal anything about it (other than that they went there).
I read on another board that the visit at the cathedral was right before the state dinner. Very strange i think...
Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Nobility

According to Swedens foreign minister Carl Bilt (on his blog: www.carlbildt.worldpress.com/2008/09/29/till-kullarna-vid-dnjepr/ )
they visited the Sofia cathedral because they wanted to visit the tomb of Ingrid, daughter of the Swedish king Olof Skötkonung. Olof Skötkonung was king of Sweden between 995-1022. His daughter Ingrid was married to Jaroslav (the Wise) and Jaroslav built the Sofia cathedral....
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

From royalblog.nl:

Quote:
Carl Gustaf and Silvia wrap up Ukraine visit

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden on Friday will finish their state visit to Ukraine with a tour of the Crimea. "We will visit some of its many interesting sites", the King said on Wednesday, at the end of a musical performance at Kiev’s National Opera.

"I could not have imagined a more pleasant end to the two days that we have spent in Kiev", the King said. "Kiev is a city which the Queen and I remember very well from our visit here in 1978. Great changes have taken place since then. Kiev has indeed developed in every way and today this beautiful city has acquired a new dynamic."
Read the entire article (+ pictures) here.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I read on another board that the visit at the cathedral was right before the state dinner. Very strange i think...
Because state dinner was in the Mitropolit residence (part of the National cultured reservation "Sofia Kievskaya"), not in the President residence or other side. Our President and his service are strange persons

But our National cultured reservation "Sofia Kievskaya" - beautiful ortodox complex (XI century), especially in winter, spring and autumn. Welcome in Kiev, Welcome in Ukraine!!!
http://nzsk.org.ua/ukr/gallery/sophens/index.html

Photos

Mq and tag (click on photo) Ôîňî ÓͲŔÍ - photo.unian.net - photos of politicians, photos of celebrities, stage ŕáî production photos

MQ and untag (click on photo) Photo gallery - Official web-site of President of Ukraine
Old 10-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
MQ and untag (click on photo) Photo gallery - Official web-site of President of Ukraine
Great pictures on the Presidents website. Thanks Amely.
I think that there are some more at ANP Beedlebank which havent been posted yet too (sorry I dont have time to do it myself now)
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Prime Minister of Ukraine Yulia Tymoshenko met with His Majesty Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden
Quote:
During the meeting the sides discussed issues on European integration of Ukraine and prospects of bilateral relations between Ukraine and Sweden, in particular, investments and trade.
Meeting with Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden
I think that Mrs.Tymoshenko is the most elegant female politician.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Oh, yes, she is very very elegant!
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf met with Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko
Prime Minister of Ukraine Yulia Tymoshenko met with His Majesty Carl XVI Gustaf King of Sweden
I think that Mrs.Tymoshenko is the most elegant female politician.
Totally agree (at least one of the most elegant ones) she is a pearl! And tanx for the link to her homepage!
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 10-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

No pics from visit the palace of Jalta on friday?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are tons of pics from the last day on anp-photo - just search under 'Queen Silvia', ‘King Carl Gustaf’, ‘Ukraine’…
Old 10-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
There are tons of pics from the last day on anp-photo - just search under 'Queen Silvia', ‘King Carl Gustaf’, ‘Ukraine’…
Here are a few

2008-10-03 King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited the Alupka palace on the Ukraine island of Krim, October 3, 2008. The Swedish Royal couple ended their four days long official visit to Ukraine Friday.

http://i37.tinypic.com/w8te1u.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/xqknjo.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/2ic7km1.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2ryj62p.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/28l3pd1.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/54jhgh.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/148gi0o.jpg

anp

Old 10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information, but I mean the palace of Jalta and NOT Alupka!!!

The royal couple visit the palaces of Alupka (from this palace tons of pics) and Jalta on the island Krim.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

To the best of my knowledge, a ‘Jalta Palace’ doesn’t exist at all. The Alupka Palace IS close to Jalta, and that’s the palace the royal couple visited on the last day of the state visit.
Link to Prince Mikhail Vorontsov’s Alupka Palace, which is quite an interesting building:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alupka_Palace

Old 10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

Royalcourt said "svenska royal couple besökte palatset i Alupka samt Livadiaplatset"

also they visit Alupka Palace and Livadia Palace!

Livadia Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags
carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, queen silvia, silvia, state visit, ukraine