Swedish State Visit to Turkey: May 30-June 2, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 334
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 359
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 341
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 411
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 458
I don't like the dress at all , but i do like the colour ...

yesterday program : Ephesus (Izmir)

today program : Topkapi Palace (Istanbul)
Topkapi Palace is very important for Istanbul and have to excellence panorama.

beautiful photo of the King & Queen... great background..

May 31, 2006
King Carl XVI Gustaf (L) and Queen Silvia of Sweden (R) in front of the Celcious library in Ephesus antique city at Selcuk, 70km. south of Izmir. The Swedish royal couple is in Turkey on a four-day official visit. It is the first to Turkey ever mad by a Swedish King.
(from epa)

I'm watching CNN and looks like there's an explosion in Istanbul.
If the King & Queen are visiting Topkapi today, then they're in Istanbul.
I don't know how the bomb blast is going to affect their schedule.

What bombing? I live in Istanbul I don't know anything about bombing???

Ok there were a fire in a shooting gallery which caused an explosion. That's what I find out from a news agency in Turkey.

a not so good news..

Istanbul, TURKEY: Turkish teenager Aysegul Goksen, who was hit by a car carrying the Swedish royal couple, is seen in front of the Taksim First Aid Hospital, in Istanbul, 01 June 2006. A car carrying Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia hit Aysegul Goksen while driving the royal couple through Istanbul on Thursday, an AFP photographer saw. The 18-year-old woman fell to the ground but did not appear to be injured, he said. She was taken to hospital for a check-up. (from STR/AFP/Getty Images)

Aysegul Goksen sits surrounded by a police officer and passersby after a car carrying Sweden's royal couple Sweden King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia hit her in Istanbul June 1, 2006. Goksen was not injured in the accident but was taken to the hospital as a precaution. (from REUTERS/Stringer)

Turkish teenager Aysegul Goksen, center wearing a black shirt, is comforted by passers-by after she was hit by a car carrying Swedish royal couple in Istanbul, Turkey, Thursday, June 1, 2006. A car carrying the Swedish royal couple hit a Turkish teenager on her way back from a trip to a museum. The 18-year-old girl did not appear to be injured but was still taken to hospital for medical checks as a precaution. King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia were on their way back from a visit to the former Ottoman Palace of Topkapi when the accident occurred. (from AP Photo)

ps. it's quite ironic that there's no pictures of King & Queen visiting Topkapi yet, but i'm sure the photographers are there since these pictures could come out..

Pictures from 3rd day (from foto.aa.com.tr) :

The royal couple arrived in Istanbul.
They visited Ayasofya (Hagia Sofia) & Topkapi Palace, and then, Queen Silvia continued her journey with the ladies

Attachments

• 514114.jpg
    514114.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 514148.jpg
    514148.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 301
  • 514115.jpg
    514115.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 514113.jpg
    514113.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 514029.jpg
    514029.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 514027.jpg
    514027.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 301
  • 514026.jpg
    514026.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 514025.jpg
    514025.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 300
  • 514024.jpg
    514024.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 514028.jpg
    514028.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 363

Attachments

• 514246.jpg
    514246.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 237
  • 514112.jpg
    514112.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 291
  • 514355.jpg
    514355.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 223
  • 514354.jpg
    514354.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 514279.jpg
    514279.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 514241.jpg
    514241.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 514240.jpg
    514240.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 514150.jpg
    514150.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 514149.jpg
    514149.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 306
As much as I liked Queen Silvia's new gown for the first dinner during the state visit to Turkey, I really hate the top she wore for the return dinner.
I love the skirt & the fact that she uses parts of the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure in a new way, but:
What's that on her left shoulder? A white cloud, extra fabric exploding, a bird's nest in white? Queen Silvia rarely gets it wrong fashion-wise and the rest of the top is great going with that lavender skirt, so what the heck is sitting on her left shoulder and who is the mad designer who talked her into wearing it?
The skirt by the way has been worn before with such a lovely matching lavender top at the Swedish Water Prize Awards last year that there was no need at all to ruin it by some horrible new addition like that white, erhh - Pillow? Whatever it is that she carries on her left shoulder, she should have left it at home.

So what will happen with the girl that got hit by the car? Will she get anything? Queen Silvia is looking very elegant during this state visit.

I loved the top with the "exploding birds nest"! Silvia looked very elegant and she is very good at doing the unexpected with her clothes. The large flower on her shoulder made the dress unique and also very elegant. Few women could pull it off but Silvia can because of her regal bearing and lovely dark hair which made the white stand out. She wore the outfit splendidly and not the other way around.

purple_platinum said:
a not so good news..

http://img478.imageshack.us/my.php?image=710999362go.jpg
Istanbul, TURKEY: Turkish teenager Aysegul Goksen, who was hit by a car carrying the Swedish royal couple, is seen in front of the Taksim First Aid Hospital, in Istanbul, 01 June 2006. A car carrying Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia hit Aysegul Goksen while driving the royal couple through Istanbul on Thursday, an AFP photographer saw. The 18-year-old woman fell to the ground but did not appear to be injured, he said. She was taken to hospital for a check-up. (from STR/AFP/Getty Images)
I'm curious as to how this could have happened. Were there no barriers put up? And surely the driver could have seen her. Why was she walking near the car anyway? This sounds a little strange to me. From the description, she would have had to have walked into the car for her to get hit by it.

According to the Swedish newspapers the girl was looking the other way and just walked out in front of the first car in the motorcade that carried the King. Q. Silvia was in another car. The girl got "bumped" and is supposedly ok.

What language did the King and Queen use when speaking to officials in Turkey?

Dear grevinnan, I'm happy to realize that there's an even bigger Queen Silvia fan out there than me - it has to be you:
Someone who even excuses a fashion desaster like that white top which I still keep looking at it with disbelief, shaking my head trying to figure out how that white albino turkey bird's nest managed to end up on the shoulder of an elegant Royal ladie's outfit which would have been so pretty otherwise...
Apart from this and the unfortunate car accident with that girl involved, so on a lighter note: Yes, visually a very nice state visit with Queen Silvia at her best (most of the times...).
My only regret is that there wasn't a full gala, meaning including decorations & tiaras.

great side.. this http://foto.aa.com.tr/

getFileServlet

getFileServlet

Boris - I just happen to love beautiful clothes that have something outrageous about them. I love all of Q M II many dresses that look like they belong on a theater stage. If a women can wear them I love to see them. Silvia's dress in this case is one of them. Your "disaster" is my "outrageous" in this case. But aside from that - isn't Silvia wonderful?

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden are leaving the Ottoman era Hagia Sophia Museum in Istanbul, Turkey on Thursday 01 June 2006. The Swedish royal couple is in Turkey on a four-day offical visit. It is the first time ever that a Swedish king visits Turkey

from ANP-EPA/TOLGA BOZOGLU

Attachments

• 3150827.jpg
    3150827.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 241
  • 3150829.jpg
    3150829.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 236
Thanks for posting the pictures und the short informations.

But I am missing details of visit-program 2nd and 3rd day(which handicraft visit the ladies by the women-program in Istanbul?).
Where was the 2nd Gala in Ankara? Do you know?
What are doing the royal couple yesterday evening in Istanbul, was there a Gala, too?

The queen looks beautiful during her visit in Turkey!

Dear grevinnan, (giggle...) I see your point and I finally give in, so Queen Silvia IS wonderful wearing a beautiful evening dress with an outragous white silk pilow on her left shoulder... (After your charming reply, I'm not even kidding.)
Agreed, by the way: This Queen is the best (Queen Consort, that is), so I'm very likely to forgive her anything fashion-wise apart from wearing clothes that are more than two decades old...!
Cheers, Boris

Attachments

• 514448.jpg
    514448.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 514450.jpg
    514450.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 259
Back
Top Bottom