Many pictures, video and article
Kungen kliver in i Nordkorea | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
The King steps into North Korea
Here, the king step - into North Korea.
Together with the Queen, he went into one of the world's most isolated countries.
- One would hope that something will normalize, says King.
On Friday, ended the king and queen 's state visit to South Korea with a visit to the demilitarized zone with North Korea.
Aftonbladet met the King before the trip to the border. And it was an expectant head of state who were looking forward to seeing the Swedes who work in the area.
- It is interesting to visit. But it's an odd situation. The country's in the arrest, said the king.
relationship between the two neighboring countries on the Korean Peninsula is tense.
Quietly last year
Kim Jong-il's death late last year and his son Kim Jong-ounce access as the new leader of North Korea has not changed the situation significantly.
relations between the countries was still relatively quiet in 2011. Especially when compared to the previous year.
This gave South Korea to experience both the reduction of the warship Cheonan as artillery bombardment of the island Yeonpyeong. A total of 50 South Koreans lost their lives.
- This is actually in a formal sense is still war. Therefore, monitoring this demarcation line continuously, the king told Aftonbladet the visit.
Met with Swedes
Sweden is participating since 1953 in the neutral nations supervision commission. Right now there are five officers on the ground in the demilitarized zone and a total of some 1 000 Swedish officers serving in the area.
During his visit, the king and queen meet several of the Swedes.
- We have been there for almost 60 years and it's that great confidence that we have received a number of other countries, said the king.
Had to step over in North Korea
When he and the queen arrived at the zone was South and North Korean soldiers as usual on each side of the demarcation line - the border established along the 38th parallel after the Korean War - and looked at each other.
King and Queen were also in practice to move to North Korea when they visited The blue buildings are made out on the boundary.
- One would hope that at some point be normalized, the king told Aftonbladet.