Visit to the Parliament:

Sweden Kings official visit

Another couple of videos (click on video)
SIC Online - Reis da Suécia de visita a Portugal
Monarquia sueca de visita a Portugal - RTP Notícias

Old 05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Imigração: Visita ao CNAI pretende conhecer conceito "inovador e interessante" de integração em Portugal - Corte Sueca - RTP Notícias

Tomorrow, Queen Silvia and the Swedish Minister of Migration, Tobias Billstrom, are visiting the National Center of Support to Imigrants (CNAI), in order to learn about the Portuguese instruments of integration. According to the royal court, the Queen and the minister of Migration have interest in knowing the CNAI, "to know and study" an innovative concept, which "provides all the services that are necessary to guarantee the integration of immigrants in the Portuguese society". The Swedish politics of integration was considered the best and the Portuguese system as the second best, in the independent study Migration Integration Policy Index 2006 (MIPEX), which compared the politics of integration in 28 different countries.

Tommorow's visit will include dance and musical performances by African and Brazilian groups, descending from immigrant communities in Portugal.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

But I've added a few pics here to save you some time: Two
Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

First Gala picture:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2w6rzp4.jpg
ANP

Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

PR: Cavaco Silva diz que Portugal está "envolvido em profunda alteração" do seu paradigma de desenvolvimento - RTP Notícias

During the State banquet at the Palace of Ajuda, the President of the Republic stressed that Sweden "has always been" with Portugal in decive historic moments, particularly in 1641, after the Restoration of the Independence, and in 1974, after the Revolution of April 25th. Cavaco Silva evoked several episodes of bilateral relationship and praised the affinities and interests between both countries, and said that the moment is arrived "to intensify and to diversify" this economic and commercial relationship, namely in the domain of the renawabl energies.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Two more pics
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/8099...0A760B0D811297
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/8099...0A760B0D811297
Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Commoner

Cool, I saw it on the Portuguese news after I came from school, and I heard him speaking.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos from the gala dinner:

Official photo gallery from the gala dinner:
ACTUALIDADE - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa

Video from the gala dinner:
- Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa

Here's another photo gallery from yesterday. It's the same Lusa photos, but without the watarmarks:
Sapo - Portal Fama - Reis da Suécia em Portugal

Queen Silvia and Dr. Maria Cavaco Silva visiting "Ajuda de Berço", an well-fare institution for children:

Old 05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visiting the Town Hall of Lisbon:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Meeting with the Prime Minister, José Sócrates:

Reis da Suécia recebidos na Câmara Municipal de Lisboa com elogios de António Costa - RTP Notícias

In the City Hall of Lisbon, António Costa welcomed the Swedish sovereigns and praised the good example on the environmental protection and the use of renewable energies that comes from many Swedish cities, namely the city of Malmo.

King Carl Gustav, on his turn, expressed his joy for being again at the City Hall of Lisbon, which he had already visited back in 1998, when he came to inaugurate the Sweedish Pavilion of Expo-98. After mentioning the "glorious past" of Portugal in the maritime adventure of the discoveries, the sovereign praised the beauties of the country and the city: "The Swedish people feel at home while in Portugal", refering to the presence of some important Sweedish companies and several thousands Swedish tourists who visit Portugal every year.

After signing the Honor Roll, António Costa offered the Swedish monarchs a bronze statue of King D. José I and Queen Silvia was presented with a silver goblet with the caravels of Lisbon engraved on the base. Then, the royal couple headed for a lunch with the Prime Minister, José Sócrates.

This morning, Carl Gustav visited the Portuguese Industrial Association (AIP) and participated in a symposium about renewable energies renewed, organized by the Swedish Service of Exportations and by the Portuguese Enterprise Association.

Videos:

Os reis da Suécia cumprem hoje o segundo dia de visita oficial a Portugal - RTP Notícias

Carlos Gustavo prossegue visita a Portugal - RTP Notícias
Old 05-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the gala:
Daylife/Reuters
Daylife/Reuters
Daylife/Reuters
Daylife/Reuters
Today:
Daylife/Reuters
Daylife/Reuters
Old 05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Official photo gallery from tonight's return dinner, at Pestana Palace Hotel:

ACTUALIDADE - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa
Old 05-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Serene Highness

Official photo gallery from visit "Ajuda de Berco" yesterday afternoon

ACTUALIDADE: GERAL - Maria Cavaco Silva - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa
Old 05-07-2008, 04:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nice to see HM the Queen wih the ruby tiara of Edward VII, this must be the second time or so she wears it as a tiara, I believe. I must say the tiara actually suits her and I do hope she will wear it more often.
Does anybody know more about the brooch and earrings btw?

And a thanks to those who keep us updated!

Nice to see back some things I acually saw irl this winter. Did the King and Queen actually stay in the capital the whole time? Did anybody hear The Queen speak Portuguese btw (on television maybe?) I suppose she has a strong Brazilian accent? Esp. the red outfit looks very good on her IMO, and the worst damages of the plastic surgery seem to have faded.

Edit: I see that today they will visit Evora, where Diane de Cadaval will get married soon. A beautiful city btw!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Nice to see HM the Queen wih the ruby tiara of Edward VII, this must be the second time or so she wears it as a tiara, I believe. I must say the tiara actually suits her and I do hope she will wear it more often.
Does anybody know more about the brooch and earrings btw?

And a thanks to those who keep us updated!

Nice to see back some things I acually saw irl this winter. Did the King and Queen actually stay in the capital the whole time? Did anybody hear The Queen speak Portuguese btw (on television maybe?) I suppose she has a strong Brazilian accent? Esp. the red outfit looks very good on her IMO, and the worst damages of the plastic surgery seem to have faded.

Edit: I see that today they will visit Evora, where Diane de Cadaval will get married soon. A beautiful city btw!
The King and the Queen are staying at the Pestana Palace Hotel while in Lisbon, today tey are going to Evora. The queen spoke portuguese in a interview to the portuguese press, days before their magesties' visit, and yes the Queen speaks portuguese with a brazilian acent.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:26 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Ah priceless. My former Portuguese mother-in-law was rather cruel about the Brazilian accent, so to imagine the Queen of Sweden with that is rather funny (to me, that is).

Anyway, does anybody know what orders the King and Queen got? The one the king is wearing resembles the Belgian one.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Anyway, does anybody know what orders the King and Queen got?
See this post.

Quote:
They're having lunch at her palace, actually. Part of the Cadaval Palace may be rented for events and I belive that's what the mayor of Évora did.

Here is the official photo gallery from Monday's visit to the Coach Museum:

ACTUALIDADE: GERAL - Maria Cavaco Silva - Página Oficial da Presidência da República Portuguesa=
Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 AM

The order that King Carl XVI Gustaf is wearing that resembles the Belgian Order of Leopold is the Order of Saint James of the Sword.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Yesterday morning the royal couple visit Mayor of Lisboa. Here official photo gallery:

Câmara Municipal de Lisboa
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos from today, in Évora:

Reis da Suécia recebidos por dezenas de crianças e escuteiros em Évora - RTP Notícias

On the last day of their official visit to Portugal, the Swedish monarchs dedicated the morning to visit the historic downtown of Évora and a factory of photo-electric cells, reserving the afternoon for ao boat ride to the Alqueva lake.

As the honorary president of the World Scout Movement, King Carl Gustav was received at the Évora cathedral by dozens of scouts, who sang the hymn of the National Corporation of Scouts (CNE). After visiting the cathedral, the King and the Queen talked a bit with some of the youngsters, who presented the royal couple with a scout ring, made in cork oak.

During the reception in the City Hall, King Carl Gustav was presented with a traditional tapestry of Arraiolos and an umbrella made in cork oak. Then the King expressed his "contentment" for visiting "the pretty city" of Évora, for the first time.

After the welcome ceremony, the Swedish monarchs were still able to visit the Roman Temple (listed by UNESCO as World Heritage), the Convent of Lóios and the Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval.

At the main square, the king and queen were greeted by dozens of people, including many children and a group of singers, wearing the traditional costumes of Alentejo.

After the lunch (served at the Cadacal Palace, where tipical gastronomy was presented to them), the Swedish monarchs headed to the medieval village of Monsaraz, where they're going to embark on a boat ride to the Alqueva lake, where they are going to visit the barrage.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Courtier

I was happy to see that it was full gala on both dinners. And it was great that the queen choose to wear the ruby tiara, i liked how it looked this time, and i think that if she wears it from time to time the press will not take notice and print the story about the "conflict tiara"...

Tags
carl gustav, king carl xvi gustav, portugal, president cavaco da silva, queen silvia, silvia, state visit