The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's not technically a food poisoning, The Queen got apparently a less glamorous gastroenteritis.

Krishantering och magsjuka i Paris | Inrikes | SvD
Oh I think gastroenteritis is far more glamorous a term than food poisoning and could still have been caused by food poisoning if the type of gastroenteritis was bacterial and not viral. Poor Queen Silvia! I will never look at a lobster in the same way again!

Old 12-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

ParisMatch gave yesterday to the king a copy of their issue of the king's and queen's wedding in 1976

Swedish King and Queen tour Airbus during State visit * Airbus News & Events
Zlatan Ibrahimovic gives Swedish King and Queen tour of PSG's Parc des Princes stadium Daily Mail Online

Old 12-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope the king will remember that day...
Old 12-05-2014, 01:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video of the visit to Toulouse and the meeting with press, where queen Silvia speaks french.
Toulouse Visite de leurs Majestés le Roi et la Reine de Suède #suedefrance2014 @Kungahuset - Vidéo PoliticVisio France

Visit to the Capitol, hosted by mayor Jean Luc Moudenc
Réception au Capitole de leurs Majestés de Suède - Réception au Capitole de leurs Majestés de Suède - Toulouse.fr
Old 12-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

I believe this is the first video we have of the Queen speaking French. It is listed as one of her 6 languages but I don't recall we have ever heard her speak it. We have heard Swedish, English, Portuguese, German, and now French. I don't think we have heard the Spanish before either. I do know that she at one point was fluent in Swedish Sign Language as well.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Oh I think gastroenteritis is far more glamorous a term than food poisoning and could still have been caused by food poisoning if the type of gastroenteritis was bacterial and not viral. Poor Queen Silvia! I will never look at a lobster in the same way again!
it reminded me:
Quote:
Queen Elizabeth II has developed a simple formula to stay well when abroad, a British lawmaker revealed . “I once asked a courtier how she did it. To which I received the characteristic reply: 'By not eating salads, shellfish and watermelon while travelling',” Peter Tapsell told the House of Commons.
No salads or shellfish: queen’s travel tips - IOL Travel Tips | IOL.co.za
Quote:
Her staff ensure that nothing she eats or drinks is likely to raise her body temperature.
Local delicacies are not encouraged in case of stomach upsets. Neither is shellfish — crab, lobster, cockles, mussels and oysters are all no-nos.
So why does the Queen never sneeze in public? Mail has a light-heated look at Her Majesty's little secrets | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gallery with HQ photos at court website
Pressbilder statsbesöket - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

With mayor Jean-Luc Moudenc
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...85757945_o.jpg
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video from the visit to Toulouse
Old 12-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Courtier

Kungahuset has posted a video compilation on their YouTube channel. http://youtu.be/BjBGDNAYT9Y
Old 12-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

A royal visit to the Parc des Princes - Club - PSG.fr

Gallery with a lot of photos
Photo - Royal visit at the Parc des Princes - psg.fr

Expressen has chosen this photo as one of their news photos of the year
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/41/...010/912@70.jpg

Tags
france, king carl xvi gustav, president hollande, queen silvia, state visit