The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Zlatan is a Swedish professional footballer who plays as a striker for French club Paris Saint-Germain and the Swedish national team for which he is captain. He is one of the highest paid footballers in the world.

Live from Elysée, no tiara for the queen
Accueil - Présidence de la République
The Queen wears a brooch in her hair, I think it's the lozenge shape diamond brooch. She's trying to keep some glamour and style to the event. Also she wears the necklace from the cameo parure, which originates from France. A nice nod to the host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
ah, boo, just a brooch. How disappointing.
She has no choice but to honour the dress code set by the host. A brooch was all she could do under the circumstance.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
As Maggie Smith quipped in Downton Abbey ' So another brick is pulled from the wall '.


----------------------------------------------------------

H.M.Queen Silvia visits the Christmas market in Paris.

PPE

PPE Agency
Well lets hope M. Holland does not tap the King on the shoulder to ask for another drink thinking HM is a waiter!
__________________

__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:31 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She has no choice but to honour the dress code set by the host. A brooch was all she could do under the circumstance.
tell that to Liz

and also not the point. My disappointment is not towards Silvia, but rather towards Hollande and his crew. While I can understand wanting to be laid back, cheap, whatever word you wish to use, one dinner with some class wouldn't be a bad thing. Instead he comes across looking rather badly. A State Visit dinner with suit and tie? Awful.

A little class never hurt.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
What is a lounge suit?
A lounge suit is something you are forced to wear at a State Banquet in France due to lack of imagination by the incumbent president!

Actually, here is link giving all the information you might need: -

Lounge Suits, Dress Codes, A to H, British Behaviour, British Etiquette | Debrett's
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
tell that to Liz

and also not the point. My disappointment is not towards Silvia, but rather towards Hollande and his crew. While I can understand wanting to be laid back, cheap, whatever word you wish to use, one dinner with some class wouldn't be a bad thing. Instead he comes across looking rather badly. A State Visit dinner with suit and tie? Awful.

A little class never hurt.
Sorry, I didn't want to criticize you, I do share your frustration about the lack of style. It's strange, but Liz was invited to a black tie State Banquet this summer, so she could get away with a tiara. Why they downgrade the dress code is beyond me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
Ugh! I really had my hopes up for a Silvia-blingfest! Quel dommage ... next thing you know someone will be showing up at the Elysee Palace in flip flops :(
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 455
It is not even worth to be named a state banquet. But HM is doing the best of the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: pinner, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
It is not even worth to be named a state banquet
On the menu were a couple of Ham baguettes, and Orangina !
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:13 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 15,848
Please keep the thread civil and no name calling!
__________________
20th of December 1963,Birth of The Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:19 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,511
Svensk Damtidning's reporter Johanna Lejon is in France with the king and queen and has made a "behind the scenes" report.
Bakom kulisserna på statsbesöket i Paris Kungliga modebloggen
Translation

Obviously the king got tired of posing.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010090...75517441555951

Toasting
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...NCE-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...NCE-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...NCE-SWEDEN.JPG

The king speaking
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...NCE-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...NCE-SWEDEN.JPG
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:34 PM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 903
Swedish State Visit to France: December 2-4, 2014

I wonder if the cameo necklace has been to the Élysée before considering the palace was the residence of Empress Josephine's mother-in-law Madame Mere... If walls (and jewellery) could talk


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:38 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Sorry, I didn't want to criticize you, I do share your frustration about the lack of style. It's strange, but Liz was invited to a black tie State Banquet this summer, so she could get away with a tiara. Why they downgrade the dress code is beyond me.
Liz was indeed invited to a black tie. Black ties are 99% not tiara events. Hence why it was odd for Liz to be in the full get-up.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Ugh! I really had my hopes up for a Silvia-blingfest! Quel dommage ... next thing you know someone will be showing up at the Elysee Palace in flip flops :(


Well, though I also do miss a more formal, lavish style we shouldn´t forget these kind of events do not exist to please us or to feed our appetite for glitz and glamour! They do exist purely for diplomatic reasons, to strengthen cultural and economic ties.
And what exactly would be worn at these events depends on what kind of official visit this is (as far as I know there are different levels of an official visit whose highest level is a state visit. And the term "state visit" is used by the media every time politicians or Royals are abroad, even if it isn´t a "state visit" at all!).
I think the dining room is exquisitely prepared and decorated, fit for a King and Queen! CG and Silvia don´t seem to mind Mr. Hollande - they actually seem to get along very well.
I also do miss jewels and orders! But we shouldn´t pretend (and exaggerate) they´re having dinner at a diner...! And, suztav, everyone´s very, very far away from wearing flip-flops!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Queen wears a brooch in her hair, I think it's the lozenge shape diamond brooch. She's trying to keep some glamour and style to the event. Also she wears the necklace from the cameo parure, which originates from France. A nice nod to the host.
I believe the brooch is the Cameo Brooch.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Well, though I also do miss a more formal, lavish style we shouldn´t forget these kind of events do not exist to please us or to feed our appetite for glitz and glamour! They do exist purely for diplomatic reasons, to strengthen cultural and economic ties.
And what exactly would be worn at these events depends on what kind of official visit this is (as far as I know there are different levels of an official visit whose highest level is a state visit. And the term "state visit" is used by the media every time politicians or Royals are abroad, even if it isn´t a "state visit" at all!).
I think the dining room is exquisitely prepared and decorated, fit for a King and Queen! CG and Silvia don´t seem to mind Mr. Hollande - they actually seem to get along very well.
I also do miss jewels and orders! But we shouldn´t pretend (and exaggerate) they´re having dinner at a diner...! And, suztav, everyone´s very, very far away from wearing flip-flops!

Let's hope so!


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-02-2014, 05:19 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,511
From PurePeople
Silvia de Suède Complice avec Zlatan Ibrahimovic au côté de Carl XVI Gustaf
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 455
President Hollande seems to have missed to wear the miniature of the Order of the Seraphim, instead he is wearing the miniature of the Legion D'Honor
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
A lounge suit is something you are forced to wear at a State Banquet in France due to lack of imagination by the incumbent president!

Actually, here is link giving all the information you might need: -

Lounge Suits, Dress Codes, A to H, British Behaviour, British Etiquette | Debrett's
For your record the "business suit state dinner" is an invention from the previous French President Nicolas Sarkozy to downgrade the Elysee palace protocol due to the economical situation.

You're welcome.

The last white tie dinner was held precisely for Carl Gustav and Sylvia in Versailles back in 1980. Banquets were black tie between 1981 and 2010 and business suit since then. The only exception to this new dress code was the state visit of QEII last june.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-02-2014, 07:56 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6,776
Alright, that's quite enough on the state dinner dress code. Business suit state dinners are not unheard of, and have been around in France since during the term of President Sarkozy (visit of the South African President). Therefore, insinuating that it is all Hollande's fault is false.

Let's also remember that respect is a fundamental rule of the forum, and political discussion is off-topic in almost every case.

Further inflammatory posts will be removed.
__________________

__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
france, king carl xvi gustav, president hollande, queen silvia, state visit


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: State Visit to France - June 5-7, 2014 wbenson Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 93 06-23-2014 07:29 PM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 697 05-15-2014 10:44 PM
Swedish State Visit to Latvia: March 26-27, 2014 Kingen King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 23 03-30-2014 04:42 AM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005 GrandDuchess Current Events Archive 290 12-05-2005 02:02 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail farah diba fashion and style fashion poll grand duke jean greece infanta elena jewels kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week power prince bernhard prince charles princess charlotte of cambridge princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima cocktail dresses queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises