Here's the detailed program of the upcoming state visit to Brazil, translated from the website of the Swedish Foreign Ministry:
State visit to Brazil, March 23rd to March 26th
The King and Queen will be accompanied by the Minister of Social Affairs Göran Hägglund and State Secretary Gunnar Wieslander, State Department. The chairman of the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise Signhild Arnegård Hansen leads a Swedish business delegation to Brazil in connection with the state visit.
Tuesday, March 23rd
- The royal couple arrives in Brazilia at a military airport in the afternoon, official welcoming ceremony
- Meeting with the Swedish business delegation
- In the evening, informal dinner for the royal couple at the presidential palace Alvorada, given by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and wife Marisa Leticia Lula da Silva
Wednesday, March 24th
- In the morning, visit by the King and Queen to the Supreme Court, where they are received by the court president.
- The royal couple visits Congress, the Senate and House of Representatives and Presidents.
- At noon, the Presidential couple welcomes the King and Queen at the Brazilian Foreign Ministry. Official meeting of the two heads of state and attendance at the launch of a works council with Swedish and Brazilian firms
- Parallely, meeting of The Queen and the President's wife
- In the afternoon, official luncheon together, with speeches by the two heads of state
- Evening, reception and buffet dinner in the Swedish Ambassador's residence
Thursday, March 25th
- In the morning, departing Brazilia for São Paulo, visit of the royal couple to the Scandinavian Church, meeting with the Church Council and reception for the Swedes in Brazil.
- Lunch given by São Paulo's industrial FIESP, followed by a seminar on improvement of industrial and technological cooperation between Brazil and Sweden, among others, the King as the keynote speaker
- In the afternoon, The Queen speaks at the inauguration of a regional seminar on human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- Press conference with Swedish media
- In the evening, reception and buffet dinner given by São Paulo's governor for the King and Queen and representatives of the Brazilian and Swedish businesses
Friday, March 26th
Day devoted to visit the industrial city of Sao Jose dos Campos. King're Vale Soluções em Energia, a company focused on new sustainable energy solutions, and National Institute for Space research, in addition to research work is also responsible for Brazil's satellite programs
- In the morning, The Queen visits the Faculty of Medicine of The University of São Paulo
- The Queen visits São José dos Campos, for talks with the mayor and a presentation of the Queen's World Childhood Foundation's cooperation with the "Refazendo Laco" initiative for strengthening protection of children
- In the afternoon, The King and Queen's program in São José dos Campos ends with a joint visit to the company Embraer, the world's third largest aircraft manufacturer, with lunch and viewing of the final assembly hall
- Official departure