Swedish State Visit to Austria: November 20-22, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Franz

Gentry
City
Drive in
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
[FONT=verdana, arial]Posted by GrandDuchess
[FONT=verdana, arial]His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf and Her Majesty Queen Silvia will pay a State Visit to Austria from 20-22 November on the invitation of His Excellency the Federal President Heinz Fischer. The visit will be carried out in Vienna and Burgenland. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]

The Swedish government will be represented by the Deputy Prime Minister Maud Olofsson and a business delegation, lead by the former Chairman of The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise Michael Treschow, will also travel to Austria. The visit is to further deepen the cooperation with Austria
in areas such as renewable energies, the environment, culture and the EU.

In connection to the state visits, efforts to increase the bilateral trade and investments are also promoted.

The Scandinavian Royals Message Board: Just announced: State visit from Sweden to Austria 20-22 November

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering, will the Swedish court publish a programme of this visit? I am wondering what places they will visit in Vienna, as I am rather fond of the city.

I think they would a the visit gets closer. Wow the royals to Austria, this would be great. Many lovely worth visiting places. Its been quite a while since a visit to Austria, the last visit was in 1979.

Last edited:
I was thinking exactly the same, Boris... I am hoping for a whopper tiara, nobody wears them like Queen Silvia does.

Last edited:
According to Schweden bald zu Gast in Wien - oesterreich.ORF.at in Vienna are the "Schweden Wochen" Home it's something about children and also Astrid Lindgren would celebrate her 100 birthday, but I haven't found out yet what it is exactly about. And on the 20 November is the world day of the childrens rights (I hope it is the right translation of Welttag der Kinderrechte)
Isn't Queen Silvia also very involved in issues about children?

According to Schweden bald zu Gast in Wien - oesterreich.ORF.at in Vienna are the "Schweden Wochen" Home it's something about children and also Astrid Lindgren would celebrate her 100 birthday, but I haven't found out yet what it is exactly about. And on the 20 November is the world day of the childrens rights (I hope it is the right translation of Welttag der Kinderrechte)
Isn't Queen Silvia also very involved in issues about children?

Oh my the comments on the ORF page...I am hoping Der Standard wouldn´t report about the visit ;) :ninja:

Yes, the Queen is very involved in issues about children. She has her own foundation named "World Childhood Fountation", that helps neglected and abused children all over the world (www.childhood.org)
Further she is engaged for the Mentor foundation, which goal it is to prevent children from drug abuse.

On the 21st of November the Queen will give the closing speech at the international symposium "Das Recht auf kunst ist ein Kinderrecht" at the Ovalhalle/Museumquartier

And also on the 21st the Queen Silvia will give an Ikea prize in a competition for children's room design at the Dschungel Wien (theater for children...also at the Museumsquartier)
(Thanks to Boris and GrandDuchess for this information)

So far I couldn´t really find out, how much these events are public...I guess one needs children for them ;)

King Carl XVI Gustaf ® and Austrian Chancellor Heinz Fischer (L) review a guard of honour at the Hofburg palace in Vienna 20 November 2007. King Carl XVI is on a two-day official visit to Vienna, where his French ancestor was forced out in 1798 by residents incensed over his raising of the French revolutionary flag. Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, the representative of the revolutionary government in Paris, caused outrage when he unfolded a tricolour flag on the French embassy in the heart of the Austrian capital. The son of a French lawyer from Pau, southern France, Bernadotte did well under Napoleon but after being adopted by Swedish King Carl XIII, he switched allegiances and took the throne there in 1818 under the name Carl XIV.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Carl XVI Gustav and Queen Silvia of Sweden arrive in front of children of 'Selma Lagerloef' elementary school in the presidential office in Vienna November 20, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Official pics

Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Queen's coat and the dress under it look very pretty and elegant.
I'm not too fond of this headpiece... I don't really like this kind of pieces on Silvia. I definitely prefer seeing her with beautiful hats.
She has a great taste for hats..so I hope she won't start wearing such head pieces too often ;).

Nevertheless: I really adore the pictures of the Royal Couple with the children waving with Swedish flags!

King Carl XVI Gustaf ® and Austrian Chancellor Heinz Fischer (L) review a guard of honour at the Hofburg palace in Vienna 20 November 2007. King Carl XVI is on a two-day official visit to Vienna,...
Thank you for all the nice pics, nevertheless Heinz Fischer is the Austrian President and not the Chancellor - this is Alfred Gusenbauer

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf visits Austria

....Queen Silvia is participating in an international symposium on children's rights, where she will speak Wednesday..... - article

--------------------

King and Queen listen next to President of the Parliament Barbara Prammer during a visit at the Austrian Parliament in Vienna November 20, 2007. Reuters via yahoo
Picture

Queen looks wonderful tonight, I like the dress, color seems to suit her well also her jewlery & tiara all seem to add up, one mini negative comment is that her blush seems to be abit too much:neutral:
Thanks for the pictures:flowers:

ANP pictures, close up's of the Queen
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- Lovely photo

Last edited:
More photos from the banquet:
Queen Silvia and Margit Fischer during the gala dinner
ANP Beeldbank

Austrian Federal President Heinz Fischer stands with King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia and his wife Margit Fischer
ANP Beeldbank

I like Queen Silvia's gala appearance!
She always manages to look glowing and so queenly!:rolleyes:
I like that new dress; IMO it suits her!
The Tiara goes well with the dress and the matching sash. I'm not a huge fan of the necklace... I think it would have looked better without it!

Silvia looks great.

Is it a new gown?

I'm not sure about the tiara... but it can be.

It's a new gown indeed, and I love Queen Silvia's whole glittering overall appearance!
Regarding HerMajesty's observation about the cameo parure's necklace (although this might belong to the jewelry thread): Exactly my feeling. I love the cameo set but the necklace always had a strange look to me. I only realized later, when seeing a pic of Queen Ingrid of Denmark wearing the jewels while she was Princess of Sweden, that the necklace was reset at one point.
Originally there were four rows of smaller pearls connecting the cameos, with the bottom row longer than the others. Now there are three shorter rows of larger pearls. The whole shape of the necklace changed for the worse since the original version was much more elegant and also sat lower.
Still a unique and beautiful suite of jewels, IMO. I'm glad that Queen Silvia pulled out the stops for the Austrian state dinner. Another day, another (return) dinner tomorrow...!

You've gotta hand it to Queen Silvia -- the girl knows how to carry off the bling!:ROFLMAO:

Wow! Queen Silvia looks fantastic. Double goodies for me, since it looks as if she's wearing a new dress and one of my favorite sets, the beautiful cameos!! She dresses to impress!!

What language will they be speaking? German?

Silvia is looking a little 'refreshed'.

Splendid as always though :flowers: The cameo parure suits her so well.

Sweden's Queen Silvia giving a speach on the conference 'Children has the right to culture' at MuseumsQuartier in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007.
PICTURE

Sweden's Queen visited Designforum in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007.
with children -- with children 2 -- with first lady

Visiting the Jewish Museum in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007.
Pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3
(ANP)

King & Queen visit at the UN headquarters in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007(ANP)
pic 1 -- pic 2

Back
Top Bottom