Swedish State Visit to Austria: November 20-22, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Royal couple's visit to the Swedish embassy in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007 - picture

Queen Silvia drinks glühwein from a Santa cup during the Swedish - picture
(ANP)

Glad to see the King is so concerned with the enviroment.OUR PLANET ...GOTTA LOVE IT.

ANP pictures from the gala dinner hosted by the Swedish Royal couple at the SAS Radisson Hotel in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007.
Queen & President -- Queen -- Queen & First lady -- Queen -- Queen -- Group picture

Today's pictures
Queen Silvia of Sweden signs the guest book of Esterhazy castle in Eisenstadt in Austria's Burgenland province November 22, 2007 - picture

Children wave with flags as Queen Silvia of Sweden arrives in Eisenstadt in Austria's Burgenland province November 22, 2007 - picture

Pose with the Joseph Haydn orchestra in Eisenstadt in Austria's Burgenland province November 22, 2007
pic 1 (king gives the Queen a loving look;How sweet) -- pic 2

At the Nationalpark "Lake Neusiedl" close to Illmnitz a village some 80 kilometres south east from Vienna on the last day of a three-day visit to Austria (ANP)
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4

and a few more from reuters via yahoo news!
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I´m happy to see that the Queen have pulled out some of her most impressive jewelry for this state visit, wich isn´t that common when she is on state visit to a republic, hope this trend lasts for a long time. I loved the first dress, the second is a bit dull and not very beutiful imo.

I wondered if the King and Queen met the Spanish King during their visit? He seem to have been in Vienna as well around the same time (posing in front of the portrait of Maria-Theresia as well).

What is the provenance of the tiara that the Queen wore on the second day btw? Did it once belong to Queen Louise (the Dutch one)? And on another note, does anybody have a picture of Princess Ingrid wearing the cameo necklace in the oriiginal form? Was it changed by Silvia or did Crownprincess/Queen Louise have it altered?

It seems that the Swedish & the Spanish monarch did not meet in Austria.
The diamond tiara worn by Queen Silvia for the return dinner dates back to Queen Sofia (née of Nassau), 1836 - 1913, wife of King Oskar II. It was most probably made by a Berlin jeweler in the 1860's and is supposed to be quite heavy.
As for the altering of the cameo parure's necklace, it's likely that it was done by Princess Sibylla. I have only ever seen two pics of it in the original setting: One of Crown Princess Margaret wearing it, the other of Princess Ingrid (later Queen Ingrid of Sweden) shortly before her marriage. Unfortunately I didn't save them... they are neither in the ibl nor the sjobergbild archive... maybe someone else was smarter and could post a link!?

The dress of the first evening is my favorite for Noble!

Queen looks wonderful tonight, I like the dress, color seems to suit her well also her jewlery & tiara all seem to add up, one mini negative comment is that her blush seems to be abit too much:neutral:
Thanks for the pictures:flowers:

ANP pictures, close up's of the Queen
pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- Lovely photo

I do like her gown but not her tiara. I think she has too much jewelry. Do we have a full-frontal view of her gown. I think it's lovely.;)

ANP pictures from the gala dinner hosted by the Swedish Royal couple at the SAS Radisson Hotel in Vienna, Austria, November 21, 2007.
Queen & President -- Queen -- Queen & First lady -- Queen -- Queen -- Group picture

I like her appearance here better than the first gala plus her jewelries are great. Not too much IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallery:

Getty

I thought some of the Queen's outfits were great. I love the yellow evening dress and the pink suit. I thought the red/orange gown was awful. This was also the last time she wore the Cameo tiara.

The king and queen meet the press during the state visit to Austria on 21st November 2007.
Monica Bonde, the daughter of count Carl Johan Bernadotte, interviews the king and queen as a reporter of Svensk Damtidning.
IMAGO

Back
Top Bottom