Suggestions for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations: April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If i remember correctly, they proceeded imediately to a gala dinner in the white sea ballroom when the concert was over. I can imagine something similar will happen now.
The concert was live televised but the dinner was private.

Btw out of topic, the choir piece in this clip "Danjugan Sanctuary" by Anders Paulsson is one of the most beautiful choir songs i've ever heard.

If i remember correctly, they proceeded imediately to a gala dinner in the white sea ballroom when the concert was over. I can imagine something similar will happen now.
The concert was live televised but the dinner was private.

Btw out of topic, the choir piece in this clip "Danjugan Sanctuary" by Anders Paulsson is one of the most beautiful choir songs i've ever heard.

Yes I guess that is a possibility, I actually thought the same. On the other side, if these celebrations are going to that huge as Johan T Lindwall describes I wonder if a private dinner will fit in the White Sea. Maybe they opt for the dinner in the Hall of State, my wish all the time.

According to the article in Expressen this is planned to be a much larger celebration than his 60:th birthday. But we gotta wait for confirmation from the Royal Court.

As far as i remember, a Concert in the State Hall, the Te Deum in the Palace Church and the changing of the guard at the palace yard was televised during his 60:th Birthday.

Thank you!:flowers: I just was perplexed as to why some thought that this would be a minor affair. I, for one, don't see the point in celebrating the 75th birthday for example, rather than the 70th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom