The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's Official Visit to Colombia; November 5-9, 2007

Colombian President Alvaro Uribe, first lady Lina Moreno de Uribe and Queen Silvia arrive for the opening ceremony of a biodiesel plant's foundation stone 05 November 2007, in the municipality of Tuta, department of Boyaca, Colombia. The Queen is in a five-day official visit to Colombia.ANP Beeldbank
Colombian President Alvaro Uribe shakes hands with Queen Silvia during the laying of the foundation stone of a biodiesel plant
ANP Beeldbank
Colombian President Alvaro Uribe and Queen Silvia listen to the national anthem
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia and President Uribe
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia speaks
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia
ANP Beeldbank

Old 11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Gentry

Queen in Columbia

Is there an agenda for her visit Nov. 5 -9? thanks

Old 11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

ANP Beeldbank
*Sigh* Silvia, there is a reason, why god (or whoever) gave us facial muscles.

I mean...of course it´s "each to their own"...and if ppl want 1819 piercings and 100 tattoos or cup size D...it´s their decision. But truly, that such an once so beautiful woman, who seems to have a very kind heart, is getting her facial muscles partly paralysed, seems so wrong! I mean would ppl ever go and get the nerves for their vocal cords paralysed voluntarily? Facial expressions are an important part of our communication and I don´t get, why one wants to get this part "silent"
IMO this long stay in Brazil was really too much this time. Only good, that the effect of Botox is vanishing within 6 months (but I fear then she would get the next dose already )
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Articles:
Colocan primea piedra para una planta de etanol/Diario Las Americas

Reina sueca en ceremonia de fundación de planta de alcohol carburante/El Heraldo
Old 11-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks to all for information and links of the visit.

Beautiful, that we see new pictures of the queen since two weeks. Great work of the queen. I hope, we will see more pictures of the next four day-visit of her.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

One more pic from yesterday:
BelgaPicture
Old 11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Her Face !

IMO Silvia is such a beautiful woman. Does she really need all this botox? It makes her face look so extremely stiff!

Old 11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It is a shame indeed, these ´plastic´ cheeks, but I think that is usually the danger with these things, once you start it some just don´t know when to stop.

What is the Queen doing in Colombia btw? This was the opening of a bioplant, but what are the other things she will do?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

What was the queen yesterday (7th November) in Colombia doing for Mentor-Foundation?

Do you know what the conncetion between Bio-Fabric (opening monday in Tatu) and Mentor-Foundation? Sorry, but I don't understand spanish-article about this matter.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
ANP Beeldbank
*Sigh* Silvia, there is a reason, why god (or whoever) gave us facial muscles.

IMO this long stay in Brazil was really too much this time. Only good, that the effect of Botox is vanishing within 6 months (but I fear then she would get the next dose already )
Is it only botox or already the result of too much surgery? It's a shame, Silvia is a natural beauty, used to be one of the most beautiful queens around but sadly she cannot age gracefully I hope the younger beautiful queens and princesses around don't take her as a role model but see these pictures and learn a lesson: you better not start because once you have started you'll find it impossible to stop.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Serene Highness

Yesterday, 7th November was a Gala for Mentor-Foundation in Bogota!

Today was a Mentor-seminar - no press-metting?

Do you see pictures or listen information about this event?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Reina Silvia de Suecia está de visita en Colombia /El Tiempo
It´s a pity that there are so few photos from the Queen´s visit.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia meets children in Bogota (article includes a photo)
La Reina Silvia de Suecia visitó niños en Bogotá/El Informador
Article and a photo from the Mentor Foundation Gala
CafedeColombia.com
Queen Silvia with ambassador Lena Nordström at the gala:
SwedenAbroad
At the gala:
SwedenAbroad
Queen Silvia with the first lady Lina Moreno de Uribe at the reception hosted by ambassador Nordström:
SwedenAbroad
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Does anybody know what necklace HM is wearing? I don´t think I ever saw it before. Real rubies I hope?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

LadyFinn, thanks very much for posting the links to the beautifull pictures of the queen in Colombia.

Do you know when was taken the pictures hosted by ambassador Nordström?

What are the queen doing on 8./9th November in Colombia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Queen Silvia with ambassador Lena Nordström at the gala:
SwedenAbroad
At the gala:
SwedenAbroad
Queen Silvia with the first lady Lina Moreno de Uribe at the reception hosted by ambassador Nordström:
SwedenAbroad
Old 11-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

The reception hosted by ambassador Nordström was held at the 6th of November, the Mentor Foundation Gala was at the 7th.
The Queen also got the keys of the city of Bogota from mayor Garzon apparently on the 5th of November, I haven´t found any photos from that event. I also haven´t found any information or photos from 8th or 9th November, I´ll keep on searching.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Gentry

Thank you!

Thank you very much, LadyFinn, for your efforts and great work of finding all those pictures and articles about Queen Silvias recent visit to Columbia. It is very much appreciated.
Great, too, that you could find out when the reception with the ambassador took place.
Unfortunately we didn't see very much pics from these 5 days in Columbia.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

LadyFinn, thanks for the information and great work from you to find the dates of the reception.

Here a link (right picture) to got the keys of Bogota (I think it). The left picture is visit Colegia Marcella.

Lucho Informa..!

It is very pitty for us to see only this few pictures of her visit in Colombia. She made a great work for children. Unfortunately the newspapers don't publish her work!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

A big Thank You from me too, LadyFinn! Finally some clear pics from the gala.
In response to Marengo's question: Queen Silvia wears her modern cabochon ruby and diamond set, consisting of matching necklace, earrings, bracelet and ring. She first wore it publicly in early 2006 and quite frequently since. The set is widely believed to be a gift from the Sultan of Brunei. I don't think I have ever seen Queen Silvia wearing costume jewelry...!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Thanks for explaining Boris, it looks like a nice necklace, nicer than Camilla´s rubies for example. And the Swedish RF certainly could use some more rubies in the collection, as they only had one tiara with rubies.

And no, Silvia doesn´t seem like a custom jewelry girl luckily, as she is one of the very few royals around who actually knows how to wear the jewels. It doesn´t hurt that she has the prettiest collection around too of course.

Tags
colombia, official visit, president uribe, queen silvia, silvia