The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 60
Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday - December 23rd

I know it's still some time to go until Queen Silvia's birthday, and we have not yet got any information about any eventually celebrations. Therefore i thought that we could discuss suggestions and musings about the celebrations and maybe how the Queen has celebrated her round birthdays before.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2013, 01:20 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
Svensk Damtidning claimed to know many months ago that the queen will celebrate with a black tie event.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 60
Thanks LadyFinn. I have totally missed that information. Did the article say anything more about the celebrations?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 252
I am so excited!!! :) Black tie event and hopefully some S and CG cuteness!!! :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Thanks LadyFinn. I have totally missed that information. Did the article say anything more about the celebrations?
But that was just what Svensk Damtidning wrote. We don't know where they got the information or did they just guessed that it would be a black tie event.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:58 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,542
Wow I can't believe she's already turning 70!
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But that was just what Svensk Damtidning wrote. We don't know where they got the information or did they just guessed that it would be a black tie event.
Yes it is not the most reliable source and that it is just a black tie event doesn't say much. Does that mean that it is a concert or a dinner. I guess we have to wait and see
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,028
And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend
Hihi, good question:
- if there is an announcement until Dec 23th, then yes .
- if there is no annoucement, then the chances are still high, as I do assume, that the Queen´s birthday will be labelled "private" (as she is not the head of state, but the consort), so Sofia may get an invitation, whereas not sitting on the main table with the RF.

Bye Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:31 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
And then the big question: will or wont Sofia attend
Daniel, Emma and Jonas weren't allowed to attend at Queen's 60th birthday, because they weren't members of the family (Carl Philip and Emma had dated 4 years, Victoria and Daniel 2 years and Madeleine and Jonas over a year). The royal family celebrated the birthday both in Jukkasjärvi and Stockholm with the extended family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel, Emma and Jonas weren't allowed to attend at Queen's 60th birthday, because they weren't members of the family (Carl Philip and Emma had dated 4 years, Victoria and Daniel 2 years and Madeleine and Jonas over a year). The royal family celebrated the birthday both in Jukkasjärvi and Stockholm with the extended family.
Be that as it may, she appears to be accepted by the RF as CP's consort, so I suspect she will be there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-05-2013, 12:11 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
In November, a month before the Queen's 70th birthday, a book "Drottning Silvia - en jubileumsbok" ("Queen Silvia - a Jubilee book") is published. It is written by Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga magasinet (The Royal Magazine).

Professional woman, mother, grandmother - and queen. In a new book Queen Silvia tells candidly about her life - and her great sorrow.
- It was important for her to go to the bottom of the allegations against her father, says Lundgren.
The book is divided into 3 parts: one where the queen talks about her life, one in which people around her speak, and a section that summarizes the Jubilee Year 2013. The Queen tells about grief after Princess Lilian, talks about the media coverage, and especially about the analysis that focused on whether her dead father Walther Sommerlath was a member of the German Nazi party or not. When the question arose Silvia ordered her own investigation to get answers.
- She's been very openhearted. It was important for her to go to the bottom of all these charges. "I've done what any child would do for their parents, and that is to stand up for them when they can not defend themselves", says Lundgren.
Silvia tells also about the joys - like family and the first grandchild.
- There is a tremendous love she feels for Estelle, she tells small amusing anecdotes about how Estelle is as a person.
And of course on the upcoming grandchild, when Madeleine and Chris are expecting a baby.
- She thinks it's great. She wants to have many grandchildren. She calls them life's dessert.
Much of the book is also devoted to the queen's job in the World Childhood Foundation. There are also personal stories from the King, Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine.
Lundgren has worked on the book for six months and made ​​several interviews with the queen.
’Jag har gjort det alla barn skulle göra’ Nyheter Aftonbladet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 252
That sounds fantastic but of course I won't be able to read it (unless someone knows a way to get it in the US). Will someone let me know the high points when it comes out?!?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
In November, a month before the Queen's 70th birthday, a book "Drottning Silvia - en jubileumsbok" ("Queen Silvia - a Jubilee book") is published. It is written by Roger Lundgren, the chief editor of Kungliga magasinet (The Royal Magazine).

Professional woman, mother, grandmother - and queen. In a new book Queen Silvia tells candidly about her life - and her great sorrow.
- It was important for her to go to the bottom of the allegations against her father, says Lundgren.
The book is divided into 3 parts: one where the queen talks about her life, one in which people around her speak, and a section that summarizes the Jubilee Year 2013. The Queen tells about grief after Princess Lilian, talks about the media coverage, and especially about the analysis that focused on whether her dead father Walther Sommerlath was a member of the German Nazi party or not. When the question arose Silvia ordered her own investigation to get answers.
- She's been very openhearted. It was important for her to go to the bottom of all these charges. "I've done what any child would do for their parents, and that is to stand up for them when they can not defend themselves", says Lundgren.
Silvia tells also about the joys - like family and the first grandchild.
- There is a tremendous love she feels for Estelle, she tells small amusing anecdotes about how Estelle is as a person.
And of course on the upcoming grandchild, when Madeleine and Chris are expecting a baby.
- She thinks it's great. She wants to have many grandchildren. She calls them life's dessert.
Much of the book is also devoted to the queen's job in the World Childhood Foundation. There are also personal stories from the King, Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine.
Lundgren has worked on the book for six months and made ​​several interviews with the queen.
’Jag har gjort det alla barn skulle göra’ Nyheter Aftonbladet

wow sound like a amazing book. i would like to have a chance and read this book but if they decide to publish on english too.

finger crossed
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
wow sound like a amazing book. i would like to have a chance and read this book but if they decide to publish on english too. finger crossed
Even if they didn't come out with it in English I wouldn't mind attempting to translate it with my poor poor swedish... I would love to be able to look at it with my hands and eyes rather than looking at the cover on the computer screen
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:16 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,471
Have there been any more updates, official or unofficial, of what the celebrations might entail?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
The cover of Roger Lundgren's book "Drottning Silvia - En jubileumsbok"
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-10.03.42.png
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The cover of Roger Lundgren's book "Drottning Silvia - En jubileumsbok"
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-10.03.42.png

ui ui ui, not the best pic...... great symmetry of colours, but she is looking soooo serious, what a pity!
Bye Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:50 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 1,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
ui ui ui, not the best pic...... great symmetry of colours, but she is looking soooo serious, what a pity!
Bye Bine
Have to agree, not the best of pictures. She seems some how, alone/frustrated/unhappy in this picture.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14,017
The First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen-Finecke has taken the initiative to organize an anniversary show for her boss. Along with Olof Stenhammar, she contacted theater director and producer Vicky von der Lancken to ask her to produce the show which is called "An Evening for our Queen."
On 19 December, the Queen and the rest of the family occupy the seats of honor at the Oscar Theatre, Lill Lindfors will guide them through the evening. Other artists involved are Tomas Ledin, Lena Phillips, Peter Jöback, Karl Dyall, Hanna Lindblad, Rennie Mirro, Simone Moreno, John Lundvik and Poplabbet, and children and adolescents from BASE 23 and Lilla Akademien
The show will be televised on December 23. The entire surplus from ticket sales will go to Queen Silvia's foundation Care About the Children, a newly established foundation for the vulnerable children in the world.
Så firas drottning Silvia på födelsedagen Hovbloggen¨

The website of the Foundation
HM Drottning Silvias Stiftelse - Care About The Children
The following directors of the business are behind the initiative as promoters:
Claes Dahlbäck, Elisabeth and Gustaf Douglas, Lisbeth and Bertil Hult, Leif Johansson, Ingvar Kamprad, Fredrik Lundberg, Sverker Martin-Löf, Stefan Persson, Melker Schörling, Saara and Björn Wahlroos, Jacob Wallenberg, Marcus Wallenberg and Peter Wallenberg
The members of the Board of the Foundation are Olof Stenhammar (Chairman), Contractor / Kirstine von Blixen Finecke, First Lady of the Court / Mats Dellham, Management consult / Jan Lindman, Keeper of the Privy Purse of the court / Carl-Gustaf Piehl, Director
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
birthday, birthday celebration, queen silvia, silvia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sheikh state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]