Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday: December 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Article in spanish Bekia
El embarazo de la Princesa Magdalena centra todas las miradas en el homenaje al 70º cumpleaños de la Reina Silvia - Bekia
Translation

Photo of the younger royals arriving
https://blogg.tv2.no/kongebloggen/files/2013/12/ste_performance__3183336-e1387642576926.jpg

Herman Lindqvist's column "Silvia saved the monarchy"
Queen Silvia, who turns 70 on Monday, is already unique in many ways.
None of our queens since the Middle Ages have been queen for as long, for 37 years.
Because Queen Silvia lives in the present day, she has had more pictures taken, conducted more TV interviews, and had more articles written about her than any other Swedish queen. Only Queen Kristina had more books written about her, but she was also the monarch of the superpower Sweden before she voluntarily left the country.
None of our other queens have traveled so much and so far as Silvia, to over 80 countries on all continents. Nor has any other queen been able to cultivate her international interests as she has, with her children's foundation and other activities.
Queen Silvia's greatest achievement is that she saved the Swedish monarchy.
Perhaps not everyone sees it as a positive achievement, but all those who want to safeguard our thousand-year-old monarchy can thank Silvia that it still exists.
It was Silvia who, with her beauty and charm, immediately became a smashing success with the Swedish people. Then came the three children in quick succession, and for ten to fifteen years, there was no politician, who wanted to be reelected, who openly dared to speak of a republic.
Between friends, the majority of the MPs in all political parties oppose the monarchy, which doesn't prevent them from happily toasting the king at palace balls. Very few have said no if they received an invitation, and in the provinces, the governors and municipal figures stand in smiling and bowing rows when the royals arrive, even if the municipal visit only lasts a half-hour.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have already slipped into the role that Silvia was able to perform. If nothing unforeseen happens, our Crown Princess Couple and their children will extend the monarchy for at least 20 years.
Silvia räddade monarkin Herman Lindqvist Kolumnister Nyheter Aftonbladet

HM ​​the Queen's Birthday is celebrated with general flag day and salute from Skeppsholmen at 12.00
Anyone who wishes to leave a greeting to the Queen can do it on the Royal Court's Facebook or by sending a greeting via the website's greeting form.
H.M. Drottningens födelsedag - Sveriges Kungahus

Königin Silvia Happy Birthday, Silvia! GALA.DE

From the blog of prince Radu of Romania
Regina Silvia a Suediei – 70 Familia Regală a României
Translation

Last edited by a moderator:
Your statement is just inhuman. Your life must be full of hate.

I'm sorry, but the level of disdain shown on this forum towards Sofia is mind-blowing.
I don't know Q.Silvia personally, but she seems a very warm and loving person and i think *she* would never use words like these about another person, no matter what crimes they committed

Can't we all, in honor of Q.Silvia's birthday, be respectful of others?

The reference to breathing originated with Dman, not Anne2.

So wonderful about the money raised and really due to the Queen's wonderful reputation. She has only done Sweden proud, since CG was smart enough to marry her!
As far as Sophia, she did nothing "wrong" for a normal, run of the mill guest. Dignified behavior is something she needs to aquire, as she obviously has not been brought up this way. She still has a little more time, imo.

:ermm::ermm:There is some, including me, Elizabeth, that don't really care for SH and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions and can really only see them through the media, IF SH would just PLEASE keep the mouth shut and don't invite the media into her life. For heaven's sake she is dating a prince of Sweden not some radio jockey. Being very careful what you say and where you say it and about what should be the very first thing on her mind when she put herself in this position. I don't recall PC former girlfriend, Emma, saying anything like she has been.

I also don't like the discrimination that I see going on with her being let into the family so quickly. Daniel was torn apart my CG and the media, he was ripped over the coals and he has turned out to be more of a prince of Sweden then PC. He actually works constantly with Victoria for a better Sweden, he never invited the media into his personal life when dating Victoria and Chris who married Maddie, well he doesn't even want a title, so yes I see that there is discrimination with SH. And everybody knows what type of man CG is, he wants the pretty girls around so that he can feel young again, and CG is still somewhat bitter because his son is not his heir as he wants and there is nothing he can do about it. If SH marries PC and becomes a Princess, I would love to be a fly on the wall.............there is most surely going to be much disagreements in that family. Right now they all smile for the camera and show nothing else...........yet time will tell.

Lol how Sofia yet again stole the show :ROFLMAO:
At least she has a high entertainment factor.

Yes SH dress was beautiful and looked wonderful but I am not a fan of tatoos.
Did like madelene little jacket and loved Victoria's feather cape. They all looked wonderful, Silvia must be so proud.

Yes SH dress was beautiful and looked wonderful but I am not a fan of tatoos.
Did like madelene little jacket and loved Victoria's feather cape. They all looked wonderful, Silvia must be so proud.
oh, I didn't see the tattoo where? I don't like tattoos either I think there are taqui!

The tattoo is at her neck. But I think it won't be there for much longer. She did remove other tattos at her arm during the last month. I'm pretty sure she will remove the one at her neck, too.

But I never thought her tattoos weren't nice. I liked them but I also think they don't suit a future duchess or even a future princess. So if there is marriage with Carl Philip in her future it's reasonable that she removes the tattoos.

I've never cared for tattoos but I think it's all up to Sofia to remove it, if she wants to.

The tattoo is at her neck. But I think it won't be there for much longer. She did remove other tattos at her arm during the last month. I'm pretty sure she will remove the one at her neck, too.

But I never thought her tattoos weren't nice. I liked them but I also think they don't suit a future duchess or even a future princess. So if there is marriage with Carl Philip in her future it's reasonable that she removes the tattoos.

Sofia hasn't had tattoos in her arms in many years, the article was wrong. She hasn't had tattoos in her arms during the time she has dated with Carl Philip. Last summer when she was with Carl Philip in St. Tropez she had a tattoo on her side.
Sofia in the autumn 2010.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...ED5E0B2E63883570D71BEAF951A43293FFEF58&sz=800
The tattoo in her arm (I have always thought that this wasn't a real tattoo)
http://s06.imageupper.com/1/6/Z13860899481338007_2.jpg

A video from TV4, former Marshal of the Court Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg tells about queen Silvia, she worked with the queen for 32 years. She tells that the former employees of the court gave a joint present, two aquarelles. Tarras Wahlberg says that the queen is wise and warm, and she really sees the people, the person in them. Victoria has the same ability.
Drottning Silvia fyller 70 år - här är milstolparna i hennes liv - TV4 Play

Last edited:
Sofia hasn't had tattoos in her arms in many years, the article was wrong. She hasn't had tattoos in her arms during the time she has dated with Carl Philip. Last summer when she was with Carl Philip in St. Tropez she had a tattoo on her side.
Sofia in the autumn 2010.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...ED5E0B2E63883570D71BEAF951A43293FFEF58&sz=800
The tattoo in her arm (I have always thought that this wasn't a real tattoo)
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Thanks for correcting me. I only read this information somewhere on the internet. Obviously this article was wrong. :flowers:

Expressen about the queen's life and photos of her clothes
Silvias fantastiska kläder genom åren Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen

Expresssen had a live-TV about the queen, Johan T Lindwall was at the studio and answered to questions.
Lindwall said that it is a tradition in big birthdays that the whole royal gathered this morning to congratulate the queen. And in the evening will be a party.
People weren interviewed in Stockholm, most of them said that the queen does a good work. One man said that the queen should have done more for poor people. Lindwall said that he thinks that the king is bothered that the queen is much more popular among the people than him. The queen understands that the children and their parents may have waited for hours to give flowers to her, and it takes just so little of her to greet them and take the flowers. But the king just goes on. The queen makes the boss in the family. The queen is now much happier than a couple of years ago when the controversial book about the king was published, the queen felt humiliated and she didn't speak to the king for a long time. Now they have found each other again, and Estelle is very important for the queen. The positive publicity of Victoria and Daniel took the attention away from the king and queen when they had difficult times. The queen loves opera very much, but she likes also pop tunes, Tomas Ledin is one of her favourites.

Cover of Expressen's special magazine
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...cb-80ce-b5f49ad37d79&imageFormat=secondColumn

Last edited:
Wow! those were some *very* candid remarks by this mr Lindwall.. very surprised that this was made public (i'm referring to things like that she didn't speak to the king for a while).

If I am thinking about a (posible future) Princess at the Nobels, a Tiara on her head, the royal jewels on her neck and this Tattoo underneath, I am getting severe headache.
So I relly, really really hope, that this one will dissappear.... it is about tim now!
BYe Bine

Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip, Madeleine and Chris arrived to Drottningholm in the afternoon. Annika Sönnerberg from the press department said that there isn't going to be any big celebration, just a party with family and private friends.
Photos
Drottningen firas på Drottningholm Nyheter Aftonbladet

Photos of Victoria and Daniel, and princess Christina and Tord Magnuson arriving to Drottningholm in the evening.
Här gör Victoria och Daniel entré på Slottet Nyheter Expressen

I'm watching the concert on my TV. Victoria was singing along with Tomas Ledin... Tomas Ledin and Peter Jöback, as a Finn I envy the Swedes to have them.

I liked some parts of the concert and some I didn't like at all. All children performers were great. The main thing at the concert was that the male singers beat the women 100-0. Peter Jöback and Tomas Ledin are fantastic, they are born to the stage. That energy what 61-year-old Ledin has, wow! Jöbacks "Vem ser ett barn" from Chess has great words, a very serious song. I have never before heard John Lundvik, he became one of my favourites. You raise me up was great. A Felicidade and Bohemian Rhapsody could have been left off, they weren't any highlights at all. If they wanted to hint to the Queen's brazilian roots, there are much better songs. She's a Lady/Can't take my eyes off you/Get ready with four male singers was a good choice. And to hear someone else than Abba singing the Dancing Queen gives not a good feeling.
This concert was better than the king's concert in September, since they had put so much time and energy to this, there were so many joint numbers which took time to rehearse.

Some gifs from the concert
https://crownprincely.tumblr.com/post/70946599134/en-kvall-for-var-drottning-x

On the cover of Expressen
Victoria's Christmas party for Silvia at night
Those who came and those who were not there
https://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHan...3-468b-afc0-c34543690f78&imageFormat=original

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone watch the festival ??? I can't open the link .. :(

Silvia was crying when they began to sing "A Felicidade"- it was truly a precious moment to see.

Back
Top Bottom