Queen Silvia's 70th Birthday: December 23, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This concert is pure awesomeness. I am in tears from laughing at the funny parts and crying at the sweet spots. :) I am also transcribing it if anyone is interested in reading what was said.

I have a transcript of the concert typed up if anyone is interested. It includes a rough translation.

I hope Queen Silvia had a great birthday. I wish her many more to come.

Here is the link to the transcript and VERY VERY ROUGH translation. If anyone wants to help me smooth it out- let me know! :) :)

Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert's documentary/portrait of Queen Silvia, it was shown on ARD on Monday evening
Das Erste Mediathek [ARD] - Königin Silvia von Schweden - Porträt zum 70. Geburtstag - Video zur Sendung Royalty - Montag, 23.12.2013

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen's article:
Victoria and the king organized the party on Monday together. Ulrika Näsholm from the press department didn't say very much about the party:
"It is totally private. They are celebrating the queen's birthday with a dinner".
The guests arrived at seven in the evening. The whole royal family was present, also Estelle, according to Expressen she arrived with queen Silvia.
Of course attended Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Chris and Carl Philip, but Sofia Hellqvist wasn't there. Ulrika Näsholm told why Sofia didn't attend: "She is at her home in Älvdalen and spends Christmas with her family".
Sofia had gone to her family on Sunday.
Among the guests yesterday were princess Chrstina, Tord Magnuson, Oscar and Emma Magnuson, Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson and Patrick and Maline Sommerlath.

Madeleine and Chris had planned to go to spend Christmas with Chris' family in London, but they decided to stay in Stockholm.
Näsholm confirms: "The princess and her husband will spend the whole Christmas in Sweden and celebrate with the family".
Sofia Hellqvistiä ei nähty kuningatar Silvian syntymäpäivillä – tässä syy - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

Last edited:
Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert's documentary/portrait of Queen Silvia, it was shown on ARD on Monday evening
Das Erste Mediathek [ARD] - Königin Silvia von Schweden - Porträt zum 70. Geburtstag - Video zur Sendung Royalty - Montag, 23.12.2013

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen's article:
Victoria and the king organized the party on Monday together. Ulrika Näsholm from the press department didn't say very much about the party:
"It is totally private. They are celebrating the queen's birthday with a dinner".
The guests arrived at seven in the evening. The whole royal family was present, also Estelle, according to Expressen she arrived with queen Silvia.
Of course attended Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Chris and Carl Philip, but Sofia Hellqvist wasn't there. Ulrika Näsholm told why Sofia didn't attend: "She is at her home in Älvdalen and spends Christmas with her family".
Sofia had gone to her family on Sunday.
Among the guests yesterday were princess Chrstina, Tord Magnuson, Oscar and Emma Magnuson, Gustaf and Vicky Magnuson and Patrick and Maline Sommerlath.

Madeleine and Chris had planned to go to spend Christmas with Chris' family in London, but they decided to stay in Stockholm.
Näsholm confirms: "The princess and her husband will spend the whole Christmas in Sweden and celebrate with the family".
Sofia Hellqvistiä ei nähty kuningatar Silvian syntymäpäivillä – tässä syy - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
:previous:

The documentary is precious, so natural
Lovely tribute to the Queen.

Nice to know more information about the celebration :flowers:

Wow! those were some *very* candid remarks by this mr Lindwall.. very surprised that this was made public (i'm referring to things like that she didn't speak to the king for a while).
I would not trust a word of what mr Lindwall writes - usually it´s only stuff he makes up and is totally wrong, imo he´s the worst royal reporters in Sweden and certainly doesn´t help the monarchy...

The comments on Sofia in this and other threads is really unjust and spitefull - imo many comments are based on hearsay and others false reports about sofia, she may not be my ideal royal fiancee but she certainly does not deserves all those harch comments. Give the girl a chance and stop think that all you read on internet and gossip magazines about her is true.

Otherwise i thought that it was a lovely concert and the Queen certainly deserves all praise - if it wouldn´t have been for her Sweden would probably have been a republic now...

I was surprised not to see Marianne or Gunnila Bernadotte at the concert in Oscarsteatern. Maybe Gunnila didn't want to travel to Stockholm, but Marianne has been very active attending in different events in Stockholm this autumn.

About Johan T Lindwall, he has reported about the royal family for almost 20 years and he is the only reporter who follows very actively the royal family around their trips in Sweden and abroad. He may not always get it right, but he has been many times right and got the news before anyone else. We all have our faults, Lindwall too. And it hasn't been just Lindwall saying that the relationship between the king and queen was very bad for sometime after the publishing of book The Reluctant Monarch.

Did anyone notice how proud CG looked at the end of the concert when Silvia was on stage??

4075 congratulations for the queen due to her 70th birthday at the court Facebook so far, Daniel got 16254 at his 40th birthday.

The queen on the cover of Point de Vue
https://www.relay.com/Covers/FicheProduit/64842.jpg

Svensk Damtidning writes about the surprise party the king held for the Queen on 20th December after the Swedish Academy's formal gathering.
The king had made wishes to Ingemar Thorell, who was responsible of the music at the party. The king had wished "Gärdeby gånglåt" and "Thats what friends are for". The king held a very loving speech to the queen, one guest tells that it was magnificent. The queen spoke about their love.
Victoria and Beate Middleschulte (a daughter of Silvia's friend) held speeches too. And then it was disco at the palace until early hours in the morning.
According to SvenskDam Chris was ill and he went home straight after the Academy's formal gathering and didn't attend at the party at all.

At 23rd December a choir from the music school Lilla Academien sang for the queen at Drottningholm and in the evening there was a party for the queen's closest.

A document of queen Silvia on ZDF
Startseite - ZDF Mediathek!

A video of the birthday
Startseite - ZDF Mediathek

Queen Silvia got a special hand-bound copy of "Drottning Silvia - En Jubileumsbok"
Jag har förlagt en en bok om vår drottning och nu har den redan sålt slut… nästan! - Fotosidan

The king gave a marble sculpture of queen Silvia as a birthday present to the queen. The sculpture is done by italian Giancarlo Buratti.
Kungens födelsedagspresent: Drottning Silvia i marmor | Svensk Damtidning

Last edited by a moderator:
Svensk Damtidning writes about the surprise party the king held for the Queen on 20th December after the Swedish Academy's formal gathering.
The king had made wishes to Ingemar Thorell, who was responsible of the music at the party. The king had wished "Gärdeby gånglåt" and "Thats what friends are for". The king held a very loving speech to the queen, one guest tells that it was magnificent. The queen spoke about their love.
Victoria and Beate Middleschulte (a daughter of Silvia's friend) held speeches too. And then it was disco at the palace until early hours in the morning.
According to SvenskDam Chris was ill and he went home straight after the Academy's formal gathering and didn't attend at the party at all.

At 23rd December a choir from the music school Lilla Academien sang for the queen at Drottningholm and in the evening there was a party for the queen's closest.

I wish they would show that kind of affection outside the place walls. :) :)

From the court website
Marmorbyst av Drottningen på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

I just wish the sculpture would have had another tiara...

World Childhood Foundation's congratulation to the Queen at their Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71603575.83516.125440780804852&type=1&theater

World Childhood Foundation USA's congratulation to the Queen at their Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...31919067.62651.138123586255543&type=1&theater

The queen thanks for all the congratulations for her birthday, and all the donations to her new foundation.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1598822_662022687189980_279266108_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom