The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
Everyone accepts she is breathing, but preferably discretely...
Your statement is just inhuman. Your life must be full of hate.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow
I just found to small clips from the concert ...can't wait to see full concert in monday :)

enjoy
Königliche Selbstironie: Silvia von Schweden - Royal - People - Unterhaltung - Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen

Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Article in spanish Bekia
El embarazo de la Princesa Magdalena centra todas las miradas en el homenaje al 70º cumpleaños de la Reina Silvia - Bekia
Translation
Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogpearl View Post
Your statement is just inhuman. Your life must be full of hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I'm sorry, but the level of disdain shown on this forum towards Sofia is mind-blowing.
I don't know Q.Silvia personally, but she seems a very warm and loving person and i think *she* would never use words like these about another person, no matter what crimes they committed

Can't we all, in honor of Q.Silvia's birthday, be respectful of others?
The reference to breathing originated with Dman, not Anne2.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
The reference to breathing originated with Dman, not Anne2.
My comment was pretty much innocent but someone decided to take it further.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

So wonderful about the money raised and really due to the Queen's wonderful reputation. She has only done Sweden proud, since CG was smart enough to marry her!
As far as Sophia, she did nothing "wrong" for a normal, run of the mill guest. Dignified behavior is something she needs to aquire, as she obviously has not been brought up this way. She still has a little more time, imo.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

There is some, including me, Elizabeth, that don't really care for SH and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinions and can really only see them through the media, IF SH would just PLEASE keep the mouth shut and don't invite the media into her life. For heaven's sake she is dating a prince of Sweden not some radio jockey. Being very careful what you say and where you say it and about what should be the very first thing on her mind when she put herself in this position. I don't recall PC former girlfriend, Emma, saying anything like she has been.

I also don't like the discrimination that I see going on with her being let into the family so quickly. Daniel was torn apart my CG and the media, he was ripped over the coals and he has turned out to be more of a prince of Sweden then PC. He actually works constantly with Victoria for a better Sweden, he never invited the media into his personal life when dating Victoria and Chris who married Maddie, well he doesn't even want a title, so yes I see that there is discrimination with SH. And everybody knows what type of man CG is, he wants the pretty girls around so that he can feel young again, and CG is still somewhat bitter because his son is not his heir as he wants and there is nothing he can do about it. If SH marries PC and becomes a Princess, I would love to be a fly on the wall.............there is most surely going to be much disagreements in that family. Right now they all smile for the camera and show nothing else...........yet time will tell.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Lol how Sofia yet again stole the show
At least she has a high entertainment factor.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am not sure if somebody post this but Sofia has a a dress from Tadashi, and it looks fantastic on her!
Paillette Embroidered Lace Boatneck ¾ Sleeve Gown in Navy - Evening Gowns - Evening Shop | Tadashi Shoji
Old 12-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo of the younger royals arriving
http://blogg.tv2.no/kongebloggen/fil...7642576926.jpg

Herman Lindqvist's column "Silvia saved the monarchy"
Queen Silvia, who turns 70 on Monday, is already unique in many ways.
None of our queens since the Middle Ages have been queen for as long, for 37 years.
Because Queen Silvia lives in the present day, she has had more pictures taken, conducted more TV interviews, and had more articles written about her than any other Swedish queen. Only Queen Kristina had more books written about her, but she was also the monarch of the superpower Sweden before she voluntarily left the country.
None of our other queens have traveled so much and so far as Silvia, to over 80 countries on all continents. Nor has any other queen been able to cultivate her international interests as she has, with her children's foundation and other activities.
Queen Silvia's greatest achievement is that she saved the Swedish monarchy.
Perhaps not everyone sees it as a positive achievement, but all those who want to safeguard our thousand-year-old monarchy can thank Silvia that it still exists.
It was Silvia who, with her beauty and charm, immediately became a smashing success with the Swedish people. Then came the three children in quick succession, and for ten to fifteen years, there was no politician, who wanted to be reelected, who openly dared to speak of a republic.
Between friends, the majority of the MPs in all political parties oppose the monarchy, which doesn't prevent them from happily toasting the king at palace balls. Very few have said no if they received an invitation, and in the provinces, the governors and municipal figures stand in smiling and bowing rows when the royals arrive, even if the municipal visit only lasts a half-hour.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have already slipped into the role that Silvia was able to perform. If nothing unforeseen happens, our Crown Princess Couple and their children will extend the monarchy for at least 20 years.
Silvia räddade monarkin Herman Lindqvist Kolumnister Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 12-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes SH dress was beautiful and looked wonderful but I am not a fan of tatoos.
Did like madelene little jacket and loved Victoria's feather cape. They all looked wonderful, Silvia must be so proud.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:12 AM
Majesty

elmundo.es publishes an article on silvia´s "70 years as a sufferer queen", where they talk about how she picked up her drunken husband at bars, how she doesn´t find her in law daughter and sons in law good enough and how her family's nazi past still haunts her.

Silvia de Suecia: los 70 aos de la reina sufridora | loc | EL MUNDO
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Commoner

ridiculous!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Drottning Silvia och livet vid hovet | Hovbloggen *** translation
Old 12-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Yes SH dress was beautiful and looked wonderful but I am not a fan of tatoos.
Did like madelene little jacket and loved Victoria's feather cape. They all looked wonderful, Silvia must be so proud.
oh, I didn't see the tattoo where? I don't like tattoos either I think there are taqui!
Old 12-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Courtier

The tattoo is at her neck. But I think it won't be there for much longer. She did remove other tattos at her arm during the last month. I'm pretty sure she will remove the one at her neck, too.

But I never thought her tattoos weren't nice. I liked them but I also think they don't suit a future duchess or even a future princess. So if there is marriage with Carl Philip in her future it's reasonable that she removes the tattoos.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've never cared for tattoos but I think it's all up to Sofia to remove it, if she wants to.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
The tattoo is at her neck. But I think it won't be there for much longer. She did remove other tattos at her arm during the last month. I'm pretty sure she will remove the one at her neck, too.

But I never thought her tattoos weren't nice. I liked them but I also think they don't suit a future duchess or even a future princess. So if there is marriage with Carl Philip in her future it's reasonable that she removes the tattoos.
Sofia hasn't had tattoos in her arms in many years, the article was wrong. She hasn't had tattoos in her arms during the time she has dated with Carl Philip. Last summer when she was with Carl Philip in St. Tropez she had a tattoo on her side.
Sofia in the autumn 2010.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/foto...3FFEF58&sz=800
The tattoo in her arm (I have always thought that this wasn't a real tattoo)
http://s06.imageupper.com/1/6/Z13860899481338007_2.jpg

A video from TV4, former Marshal of the Court Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg tells about queen Silvia, she worked with the queen for 32 years. She tells that the former employees of the court gave a joint present, two aquarelles. Tarras Wahlberg says that the queen is wise and warm, and she really sees the people, the person in them. Victoria has the same ability.
Drottning Silvia fyller 70 år - här är milstolparna i hennes liv - TV4 Play
Old 12-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia hasn't had tattoos in her arms in many years, the article was wrong. She hasn't had tattoos in her arms during the time she has dated with Carl Philip. Last summer when she was with Carl Philip in St. Tropez she had a tattoo on her side.
Sofia in the autumn 2010.
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/foto...3FFEF58&sz=800
The tattoo in her arm (I have always thought that this wasn't a real tattoo)
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Thanks for correcting me. I only read this information somewhere on the internet. Obviously this article was wrong.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

HM ​​the Queen's Birthday is celebrated with general flag day and salute from Skeppsholmen at 12.00
Anyone who wishes to leave a greeting to the Queen can do it on the Royal Court's Facebook or by sending a greeting via the website's greeting form.
H.M. Drottningens födelsedag - Sveriges Kungahus

Königin Silvia Happy Birthday, Silvia! GALA.DE

From the blog of prince Radu of Romania
Regina Silvia a Suediei – 70 Familia Regală a României
Translation

Tags
birthday, birthday celebration, queen silvia, silvia