The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 73
King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year; 2013

Today the Royal Court announced some of the plans celebrating the His Majesty's 40th Jubilee in 2013.

The King and Queen will make one-day visits to all (21) counties in Sweden during 2013.

More information and activities about the Jubilee Year will be announced in the beginning of 2013.

Press release from Royal Court:
Jubileumsår 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 73
Today the Royal Court announced the plans for the one-day visits to all (21) counties in Sweden.

The planning for the visits have just started in cooperation with the County Governors.

The visits in 2013:
Tuesday, March 5th - Kalmar County
Wednesday, March 6th - Kronoberg County
Thursday, March 7th - Jönköping County

Thursday, April 4th - Halland County
Friday, April 5th - Scania (Skåne) County
Saturday, April 6th - Blekinge County

Friday, May 3rd - Uppsala County
Saturday, May 4th - Stockholm County

Wednesday, August 14th - Västernorrland County
Thursday, August 15th - Västerbotten County
Friday, August 16th - Norrbotten County

Tuesday, August 20th - Örebro County
Wednesday, August 21st - Västra Götaland County
Thursday, August 22nd - Värmland County

Thursday, August 29th - Gävleborg County
Friday, August 30th - Västmanland County

Tuesday, September 3rd - Östergötland County
Wednesday, September 4th - Södermanland County

Saturday, September 7th - Gotland County

Tuesday, September 10th - Dalarna County
Wednesday, September 11th - Jämtland County
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
I guess Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.
Otherwise I wish the King and Queen visited atleast nearby countries like Denmark as part of the celebrations.
And arent the Crown Princessly couple taking any tours? I guess people will like them more..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Fürstin Taxis's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: St. Emmeram, Germany
Posts: 774
I just love it that when he became King, Daniel was born ;D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 1,404
vkrish, have you seen the ruby anniversary celebrations of QMargarethe of Denmark? With several gala dinners and concerts, they were certainly not low-key.
Also surely more plans will be revealed soon enough.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
vkrish, have you seen the ruby anniversary celebrations of QMargarethe of Denmark? With several gala dinners and concerts, they were certainly not low-key.
Also surely more plans will be revealed soon enough.
Low Key compared to the British Royal family perhaps that's what vkrish meant?
__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 1,701
well but QEII celebration was a Diamond one, and Margrethe was a ruby, total diferent in a context of celebration magnitude.
as for a ruby, Denmark sure was very festive, glamorous and with a great scale.
i hope to see the Swedish celebration like Margrethe had hers.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
well but QEII celebration was a Diamond one, and Margrethe was a ruby, total diferent in a context of celebration magnitude.
as for a ruby, Denmark sure was very festive, glamorous and with a great scale.
i hope to see the Swedish celebration like Margrethe had hers.
The original post mentioned neither just that the Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.Each monarchy has a different way of celebrating jubilee's but the British do them on a bigger scale than most others!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the King has planned for 2013.
__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The original post mentioned neither just that the Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.Each monarchy has a different way of celebrating jubilee's but the British do them on a bigger scale than most others!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the King has planned for 2013.
Yes we do things on a bigger scale but the Danish jubilee was much more glittering although foreign royal attendance was minimal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,352
Press release from the royal court:

New form of official dinner introduced
2013 is the 40th anniversary of the King ascended the throne and became Sweden's head of state. Due to this of a new form of the yearly official dinners will be introduced. The first dinner will be on Friday 1 February 2013.
Ny form av representationsmiddag införs - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Press release from the royal court:

New form of official dinner introduced
2013 is the 40th anniversary of the King ascended the throne and became Sweden's head of state. Due to this of a new form of the yearly official dinners will be introduced. The first dinner will be on Friday 1 February 2013.
Ny form av representationsmiddag införs - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
As the court informed in a press release last year, the first official dinner, now with a new name "Sverigemiddag" is on 1st February.
At the moment the king, the queen and the crown princess couple are attending.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Yes we do things on a bigger scale but the Danish jubilee was much more glittering although foreign royal attendance was minimal.
Yeah, I think the British royals has lost their glittering days. The foreign royals make sure they get down with the glittering events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 AM
vkrish's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, I think the British royals has lost their glittering days. The foreign royals make sure they get down with the glittering events.
Glittering is the least important thing for Royals, Dman..The success of an event is judged by the involvement of public in those events..Not endless live programs showing men and women walking down aisles sporting their sashes, fake medals, tiaras..Except for some fashionistas, no one will identify with those people, let alone appreciating them and celebrating those events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Glittering is the least important thing for Royals, Dman..The success of an event is judged by the involvement of public in those events..Not endless live programs showing men and women walking down aisles sporting their sashes, fake medals, tiaras..Except for some fashionistas, no one will identify with those people, let alone appreciating them and celebrating those events.
Everyone is allowed a party to celebrate such an amazing event. It was quite dissappointing that for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee we only got a luncheon with foreign heads of state and no dinner. "Glittering" might not be important, but it's certainly fascinating to watch. The Scandanavian royals celebrate in style, as they should.

You yourself mentioned that scandanavian royals do things "low key", isn't visiting 21 counties of Sweden enough for the people to see and appreciate them?

There are very little "fake medals" going around, i'll tell you that.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Queen Penelope's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Camrose, Canada
Posts: 640
Has there been any official announcement for festivities surrounding the actual date of the jubilee?? I'd love to be in Stockholm for the celebrations - there's sure to be a festive mood and fun stuff going on!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
USCtrojan's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, United States
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Has there been any official announcement for festivities surrounding the actual date of the jubilee?? I'd love to be in Stockholm for the celebrations - there's sure to be a festive mood and fun stuff going on!!!
Same! Please inform when someone knows!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,352
Seven guests from Gotland have been invited to when King Carl XVI Gustaf will have a "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace on the occasion of his forty years on the throne.
The guest list of 200 people is composed of selected county representatives and all governors. Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård has suggested the names to the Royal Court and based on these, the guests from Gotland have been selected.
- The guests are supposed to represent the whole island of Gotland, that was the main starting point of my suggestions, and they do that really, says Seidegård, who looks forward to Sweden Dinner on the 1st February.
Sju gotlänningar får middag på Stockholms slott - Gotlandsnytt
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Seven guests from Gotland have been invited to when King Carl XVI Gustaf will have a "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace on the occasion of his forty years on the throne.
The guest list of 200 people is composed of selected county representatives and all governors. Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård has suggested the names to the Royal Court and based on these, the guests from Gotland have been selected.
- The guests are supposed to represent the whole island of Gotland, that was the main starting point of my suggestions, and they do that really, says Seidegård, who looks forward to Sweden Dinner on the 1st February.
Sju gotlänningar får middag på Stockholms slott - Gotlandsnytt

Those lucky guests! I wonder when the "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace will take place?
__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Those lucky guests! I wonder when the "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace will take place?
Like I wrote at my post, the dinner will be held at the Royal Palace on 1st February, the court hasn't told the exact time yet. The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip are attending.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Like I wrote at my post, the dinner will be held at the Royal Palace on 1st February, the court hasn't told the exact time yet. The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip are attending.
Sorry just saw that now,thanks
__________________

__________________
Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco,September 14, 1982
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
carl vxi gustav, jubilee, jubilee celebration, king carl gustav


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Sibylla (1908-1972) - King Carl XVI Gustaf's Mother Josefine Swedish Royal History 61 06-03-2014 02:42 PM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Scouting (Patron of Multiple Organisations) Alexandria King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 177 05-28-2014 02:03 PM
Prince Gustaf Adolf (1906-1947) - King Carl XVI Gustaf's Father Devin Swedish Royal History 124 12-12-2013 08:20 PM
King Carl Gustaf's 30th Jubilee as King; September 2003 Helen88 King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 12 05-22-2012 02:55 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf & Queen Silvia, Picture Thread Part 1: June 2003 - October 2005 Mandy Current Events Archive 237 10-05-2005 03:35 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]