King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year: 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems that Queen Silvia is the only royal woman wearing the family order -- neither Victoria nor Madeleine are wearing it. Why?

It seems that Queen Silvia is the only royal woman wearing the family order -- neither Victoria nor Madeleine are wearing it. Why?

Maybe they hadn't discussed about it. I am disappointed that the queen wears the dress she had 2 weeks ago at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén, and she wore the dress also this summer at the birthday of duke Andreas in Germany.

Maybe they hadn't discussed about it. I am disappointed that the queen wears the dress she had 2 weeks ago at the wedding of Gustaf Magnuson and Vicky Andrén, and she wore the dress also this summer at the birthday of duke Andreas in Germany.

I agree! A different outfit/dress would've been nicer for her to wear IMO.

Its great seeing Chris, I wonder how many of these events he will be attending. Madeleine looks quite happy with him around.

I agree! A different outfit/dress would've been nicer for her to wear IMO.

Its great seeing Chris, I wonder how many of these events he will be attending. Madeleine looks quite happy with him around.

Chris attends today, tomorrow and on Tuesday at the events of the Opening of the Parliament. According to the court website he will not attend at the reception on Thursday.

I do love the way Queen Silvia looks tonight despite the fact that she's wearing a repeat. The color looks fabulous on her. I also think the Victoria looks quite chic -- love her hair and I wish she would wear it this way more often rather than the severe, pulled back pony tail. As for Madeleine -- she looks radiant and wonderful. Although, I have to say that she looks a bit more than 3 months pregnant.

Like that they played a little Earth, Wind & Fire at the Concert.

Like that they played a little Earth, Wind & Fire at the Concert.

Yes, and also Huey Lewis and Michael Jackson, along with lots of other stuff. Great concert - I hope that everyone finds time to watch it. And it sure seems like the king and the rest of his family and the audience are enjoying themselves :flowers:

For me the best at the concert was the host of the evening: Stefan Forsberg, Executive & Artistic Director of the Concert Hall. He is superb, he was that already at the concert for Victoria and Daniel 3 years ago. I very glad that I understand swedish and what he told during the concert.
Some singers I like a lot and some I don't like at all. But it was a good concert and the king and the rest of the royal family seemed to have a very good time.

Aftonbladet has a few photos from the concert
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17471882.ab

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson gives Madeleine 2 points/5 and Victoria 4 points/5.
http://www.expressen.se/mode/expertens-betyg-pa-prinsessornas-stil/

Applåder och skratt i Konserthuset Hovbloggen

Last edited:
I agree, LadyFinn - Stefan Forsberg is such a pro! He really knows the art of hosting a concert and make it even more enjoyable for the audience.

Wonderful concert. Amazing host. So much love in the air. I like how the queen looked tenderly at her husband when the "theme" was the two of them and how she stroked his arm at the end of the male opera singers song just as he sings "jag älskar dig" (= I love you). Very sweet. Very nice evening.

I do love the way Queen Silvia looks tonight despite the fact that she's wearing a repeat. The color looks fabulous on her. I also think the Victoria looks quite chic -- love her hair and I wish she would wear it this way more often rather than the severe, pulled back pony tail. As for Madeleine -- she looks radiant and wonderful. Although, I have to say that she looks a bit more than 3 months pregnant.

I think the dress is fooling you. She barely has a tummy at all.

I thought Victoria & Madeleine looked amazing. I can't wait to see what they wear for the dinner tomorrow!

I think the dress is fooling you. She barely has a tummy at all.

I thought Victoria & Madeleine looked amazing. I can't wait to see what they wear for the dinner tomorrow!

On Sunday there isn't any dinner, but Te Deum thanksgiving service at the Royal Chapel at 12.00 (the heads of state of Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland attend), a private lunch at the Royal Palace for about 60 guests and the City of Stockholm's celebration at the Inner Courtyard of Royal Palace at 15.00.
And in the evening the royal family attends at Daniel's private birthday party at the Haga Palace.

The royal family had fun
Kungen hyllades med konsert Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
On Sunday there isn't any dinner, but Te Deum thanksgiving service at the Royal Chapel at 12.00 (the heads of state of Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland attend), a private lunch at the Royal Palace for about 60 guests and the City of Stockholm's celebration at the Inner Courtyard of Royal Palace at 15.00.
And in the evening the royal family attends at Daniel's private birthday party at the Haga Palace.

technically it is a dinner as I'm assuming there will be food? Obviously it's not some super tiara gala, but it's still what I'd consider a dinner. but that's really just semantics.

my point stands, I look forward to seeing what they wear.

Yes, and also Huey Lewis and Michael Jackson, along with lots of other stuff. Great concert - I hope that everyone finds time to watch it. And it sure seems like the king and the rest of his family and the audience are enjoying themselves :flowers:

Not to mention one of my all time favourite songs, You'll Never Walk Alone, which was done beautifully by the lady who performed it. :)

I missed the first ten or fifteen minutes, but the rest of what I was wonderful and very enjoyable. The SRF certainly looked to be having a ball. There were a couple of times where you could see Queen Silvia bopping her head w/the music. :). Lovely to see Chris there and I love the picture of him helping Madeleine down some stairs. The look on his face says it all IMO.

Looking forward to tomorrow's events.

For me the best at the concert was the host of the evening: Stefan Forsberg, Executive & Artistic Director of the Concert Hall. He is superb, he was that already at the concert for Victoria and Daniel 3 years ago. I very glad that I understand swedish and what he told during the concert.
Some singers I like a lot and some I don't like at all. But it was a good concert and the king and the rest of the royal family seemed to have a very good time.

Aftonbladet has a few photos from the concert
Kungen hyllades med konsert | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson gives Madeleine 2 points/5 and Victoria 4 points/5.
Expertens betyg på prinsessornas stil | Mode | Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips | Expressen

Applåder och skratt i Konserthuset Hovbloggen

:previous:
Amazing ..wonderful concert... :fireworks:
and royal family was so happy and cute :)

Any chance you would like to give us very very beginner swedish learners some help in the translation area? :) Anything you give woudl be very appreicated!

Any chance you would like to give us very very beginner swedish learners some help in the translation area? :) Anything you give woudl be very appreicated!
and I can imagine]hope that Chris O'Neill is working very hard to bring up his Swedish so he won't miss all the jokes!:flowers::bang:

and I can imagine]hope that Chris O'Neill is working very hard to bring up his Swedish so he won't miss all the jokes!:flowers::bang:

I know I am working hard for this reason and that I have been wanting to learn since I was 5... :)

Will someone please tell me what the guy is saying at the 30 min marker?! Silvia makes some gesture :)

Will someone please tell me what the guy is saying at the 30 min marker?! Silvia makes some gesture :)

Stefan Forsberg said that he is sure that they all remember the exciting feeling to be in love. And how nervous you were when your beloved comes for the first time to your home, which had to be cleaned up. Forsberg said that never before his 19 square meter apartment had looked so clean. And he is curious how it was when the queen for the first time came to the king's home (queen's gesture). That first time comes sometimes. What did the king say when they drove to courtyard, did he say "Welcome to my home, my 622 rooms and kitchen"? And maybe the king needed a little cheese and bisquits, when the queen was checking the palace and came back seven hours later. Well, it doesn't matter what title you have or where and how you live, because love treats us all equally generously.

The concert can be watched on SVT play until 14th October:
Jubileumskonsert Kungen 40 år på tronen - 14 9 21.00 SVT Play

Short video of the royal family arriving to the dinner and the concert.
Här anländer gästerna till jubileumsmiddagen Nyheter

Danny Saucedo got the royal family "dancing" with his Michael Jackson's "The Man in the Mirror"
Danny fick kungafamiljen att dansa Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

The king's life in photos on a timeline
Kungens 40 år som regent Nyheter Aftonbladet

Photos
Kungliga familjen bjöds på middag och konsert SvD

Swedish Riksdag's Jubilee Concert To Celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 40th Jubilee - Pictures - Zimbio

Last edited:
When does the Te Deum start?

About an hour, at 12.00 swedish time.

A video of the king's years on the throne
https://tv.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyheter/samhalle-och-politik/article18840.ab

Galleries from Saturday
https://www.royalpress.nl/categories.php?cat_id=1306&page=1
https://www.royalportraits.nl/categories.php?cat_id=1019&sessionid=29f9c5aba00cdc65a0509b1473db5421

Aftonbladet's live-TV started, they show arrivals to Te Deum. According to their reporter, they don't know if the royal family arrives also from the same gate as the other guests.
Aftonbladet TV: LIVE-TV: Kungen firar 40 år på tronen

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom