King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year: 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I watched part of the kings speech today in Umeå. I say part of, because a couple of minutes into the speech it started raining. And boy did it rain. Not just a little. It was like someone turned on a water hose.

I - along with all others who didn't bring an umbrella - ran from the town hall square. I hope that at least some of the people there stayed and listened to the rest of the speech :)

Haha! I didn't notice the cameras, but it was fun that they filmed. I would have been even more fun with a live view of the crowds running for cover, but still great :)

The king mentionend in the beginning of the speech that his parents, prince Gustav Adolf and princess Sibylla, were duke and duchess of Västerbotten. They also had a summer house in Västerbotten, which is still in the ownership of the royal family. So the king sometimes comes her during the summer for hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities.

In connection with the king's jubilee there will be a te deum in the royal palace church attended by all the royal family and some sort of celebrations in the inner courtyard.... according to how google translated it- i could be mistaken about the latter
check september 15th on the calender
http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender.4.7c4768101a4e888378000228.html
and on september 19th there will be a reception at the royal palace

do guys think there will be a cortege going round the city and a balcony appearance like during HM 'S 60th birthday?

Last edited:
Last edited:
In connection with the king's jubilee there will be a te deum in the royal palace church attended by all the royal family and some sort of celebrations in the inner courtyard.... according to how google translated it- i could be mistaken about the latter
check september 15th on the calender
Google Translate

and on september 19th there will be a reception at the royal palace

do guys think there will be a cortege going round the city and a balcony appearance like during HM 'S 60th birthday?

maybe a balcony appearance but not a cortege, but that is what i think
we will see Madeleine in sweden for this and the opening of parliment

It has been for some days at Madeleine's calendar that she will attend at Lilian's memorial service on 8th September and at the opening of the Parliament on 17th. Yesterday the calendar was updated and according to that Madeleine will attend also at all king 40 years at the throne festivities.

thanks for your thoughts!! :)

in connection with the kings jubilee there will also be a Riksdag commemorative concert at the concert house in stockholm on september 14th
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
im a bit disappointed that its not taking place in a grander theatre say the royal opera or the royal dramatic seeing that its such an important event

thanks for your thoughts!! :)

in connection with the kings jubilee there will also be a Riksdag commemorative concert at the concert house in stockholm on september 14th
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
im a bit disappointed that its not taking place in a grander theatre say the royal opera or the royal dramatic seeing that its such an important event

I guess it depends on how many people you can take to the place. The Royal Opera has places for 1100 people, the Royal Dramatic Theatre only for 720 people - but the Concert Hall has places for 1770 people. And everyone has great memories from the concert in the eve of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding, it was a great success.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how many people you can take to the place. The Royal Opera has places for 1100 people, the Royal Dramatic Theatre only for 720 people - but the Concert Hall has places for 1770 people. And everyone has great memories from the concert in the eve of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding, it was a great success.

you are probably right, an event of this size will probably have a lot of guests invited

The present of the Swedish Parliament Riksdagen, concert on Saturday 14th September will be send on SVT at 21.00 swedish time, hopefully also in the internet. As this is a present, the program of the concert will be held secret until the concert starts. The concert will be hosted by the managing director of the Concert Hall Stefan Forsberg (like at the concert for Victoria and Daniel), and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will be the "band" of the concert.
Kungen 40 år på tronen | Stockholms Konserthus

Is it known if international Royals will be invited as well? Or is the concert just for Swedish representatives?

Is it known if international Royals will be invited as well? Or is the concert just for Swedish representatives?

It was told in the spring that the Parliament is giving this concert as a present to the king, nothing else about the concert has been told. It was put to the website of the royal house today and the information is so far only at the website of the Stockholm Concert Hall.
There has been no info about that the king would organize a big gala party due to the Jubilee, In March Bertil Ternert said that a celebration like for queen Margrethe would not be held, the king prefers these county visits.
If the king doesn't organize any party due to the Jubilee, will the Parliament invite other royals? We will have to wait, maybe there will be more info about the concert soon.

It was told in the spring that the Parliament is giving this concert as a present to the king, nothing else about the concert has been told. It was put to the website of the royal house today and the information is so far only at the website of the Stockholm Concert Hall.
There has been no info about that the king would organize a big gala party due to the Jubilee, In March Bertil Ternert said that a celebration like for queen Margrethe would not be held, the king prefers these county visits.
If the king doesn't organize any party due to the Jubilee, will the Parliament invite other royals? We will have to wait, maybe there will be more info about the concert soon.
Thanks, LadyFinn. Maybe the government invited representatives from the Skandinavian countries, they have very close political ties.

But I guess that it looks dark on the tiara front.

But I guess that it looks dark on the tiara front.
My guess is that the concert will be black tie like the pre-Wedding Concert for Victoria and Daniel

Looking good i think. The program is what i expected with a concert, a te deum service and events at the royal palace.

A concert at the concert hall will 100 % sure be a black tie event. Had it been at the opera it would likely have been a white tie. It's a little bit sad that the tiaras likely will stay in the vault but i hadn't expected anything else as the King has to my knowledge never celebrated a "reign anniversary" with a white tie event.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bomb threat at the royal visit
Nya Wermlandstidningen writes that they received a handwritten letter sent to the newspaper in the morning today.
Shortly after the NWT opened the letter they contacted to the police who came to the NWT's editorial staff to retrieve the letter. The group behind the threat calls itself "Anders Behring Breivik Sympathy Group Northern Europe."
They describe in the letter how they plan to detonate bombs outside the residence when the royal couple visits Karlstad, says NWT.
Bombhot vid kungabesök Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Bombhot mot kungaparet Nyheter Aftonbladet

Back
Top Bottom