The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Courtier

I do love the way Queen Silvia looks tonight despite the fact that she's wearing a repeat. The color looks fabulous on her. I also think the Victoria looks quite chic -- love her hair and I wish she would wear it this way more often rather than the severe, pulled back pony tail. As for Madeleine -- she looks radiant and wonderful. Although, I have to say that she looks a bit more than 3 months pregnant.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen updates their photo gallery
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kung...-ar-pa-tronen/
And Aftonbladet
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17471882.ab

Kungafamiljens entré vid Konserthuset Hovbloggen

Prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt's speech at the dinner
Statsministerns tal vid jubileumsmiddagen för H.M.K Carl XVI Gustaf
Translation

Gallery from Friday, from PurePeople
Madeleine, enceinte, et Victoria de Suède Deux soeurs radieuses pour un roi

The concert live now
Jubileumskonsert: Kungen 40 år på tronen | SVT Play

Old 09-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more galleries of today's celebrations:

** ppe gallery **

** dpp gallery: Swedisch royal family attend dinner 40th reigning jubilee King **
Old 09-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Like that they played a little Earth, Wind & Fire at the Concert.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from the concert and arrivals
APA-Picturedesk

From the dinner
IBL Bildbyrå

The chief editor Roger Lundgren tells on another forum that on Friday at the exhibition he spoke with Victoria and Daniel came up to them and said: Victoria we have to go home now. The nanny has to leave Haga.
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranje...379171899.html
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Like that they played a little Earth, Wind & Fire at the Concert.
Yes, and also Huey Lewis and Michael Jackson, along with lots of other stuff. Great concert - I hope that everyone finds time to watch it. And it sure seems like the king and the rest of his family and the audience are enjoying themselves
Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

For me the best at the concert was the host of the evening: Stefan Forsberg, Executive & Artistic Director of the Concert Hall. He is superb, he was that already at the concert for Victoria and Daniel 3 years ago. I very glad that I understand swedish and what he told during the concert.
Some singers I like a lot and some I don't like at all. But it was a good concert and the king and the rest of the royal family seemed to have a very good time.

Aftonbladet has a few photos from the concert
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17471882.ab

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson gives Madeleine 2 points/5 and Victoria 4 points/5.
http://www.expressen.se/mode/experte...essornas-stil/

Applåder och skratt i Konserthuset Hovbloggen
Old 09-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, LadyFinn - Stefan Forsberg is such a pro! He really knows the art of hosting a concert and make it even more enjoyable for the audience.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Commoner

Wonderful concert. Amazing host. So much love in the air. I like how the queen looked tenderly at her husband when the "theme" was the two of them and how she stroked his arm at the end of the male opera singers song just as he sings "jag älskar dig" (= I love you). Very sweet. Very nice evening.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
I do love the way Queen Silvia looks tonight despite the fact that she's wearing a repeat. The color looks fabulous on her. I also think the Victoria looks quite chic -- love her hair and I wish she would wear it this way more often rather than the severe, pulled back pony tail. As for Madeleine -- she looks radiant and wonderful. Although, I have to say that she looks a bit more than 3 months pregnant.
I think the dress is fooling you. She barely has a tummy at all.

I thought Victoria & Madeleine looked amazing. I can't wait to see what they wear for the dinner tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I think the dress is fooling you. She barely has a tummy at all.

I thought Victoria & Madeleine looked amazing. I can't wait to see what they wear for the dinner tomorrow!
On Sunday there isn't any dinner, but Te Deum thanksgiving service at the Royal Chapel at 12.00 (the heads of state of Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland attend), a private lunch at the Royal Palace for about 60 guests and the City of Stockholm's celebration at the Inner Courtyard of Royal Palace at 15.00.
And in the evening the royal family attends at Daniel's private birthday party at the Haga Palace.

The royal family had fun
Kungen hyllades med konsert Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 09-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On Sunday there isn't any dinner, but Te Deum thanksgiving service at the Royal Chapel at 12.00 (the heads of state of Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland attend), a private lunch at the Royal Palace for about 60 guests and the City of Stockholm's celebration at the Inner Courtyard of Royal Palace at 15.00.
And in the evening the royal family attends at Daniel's private birthday party at the Haga Palace.
technically it is a dinner as I'm assuming there will be food? Obviously it's not some super tiara gala, but it's still what I'd consider a dinner. but that's really just semantics.

my point stands, I look forward to seeing what they wear.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post

Yes, and also Huey Lewis and Michael Jackson, along with lots of other stuff. Great concert - I hope that everyone finds time to watch it. And it sure seems like the king and the rest of his family and the audience are enjoying themselves
Not to mention one of my all time favourite songs, You'll Never Walk Alone, which was done beautifully by the lady who performed it. :)

I missed the first ten or fifteen minutes, but the rest of what I was wonderful and very enjoyable. The SRF certainly looked to be having a ball. There were a couple of times where you could see Queen Silvia bopping her head w/the music. :). Lovely to see Chris there and I love the picture of him helping Madeleine down some stairs. The look on his face says it all IMO.

Looking forward to tomorrow's events.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
For me the best at the concert was the host of the evening: Stefan Forsberg, Executive & Artistic Director of the Concert Hall. He is superb, he was that already at the concert for Victoria and Daniel 3 years ago. I very glad that I understand swedish and what he told during the concert.
Some singers I like a lot and some I don't like at all. But it was a good concert and the king and the rest of the royal family seemed to have a very good time.

Aftonbladet has a few photos from the concert
Kungen hyllades med konsert | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Expressen's fashion expert Emma Danielsson gives Madeleine 2 points/5 and Victoria 4 points/5.
Expertens betyg på prinsessornas stil | Mode | Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips | Expressen

Applåder och skratt i Konserthuset Hovbloggen

Amazing ..wonderful concert...
and royal family was so happy and cute
Old 09-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From PPE Agency

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?
zoektype=2&search=14-09-2013%20Concert

PPE Agency
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Nobility

Any chance you would like to give us very very beginner swedish learners some help in the translation area? :) Anything you give woudl be very appreicated!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Any chance you would like to give us very very beginner swedish learners some help in the translation area? :) Anything you give woudl be very appreicated!
and I can imagine]hope that Chris O'Neill is working very hard to bring up his Swedish so he won't miss all the jokes!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
and I can imagine]hope that Chris O'Neill is working very hard to bring up his Swedish so he won't miss all the jokes!
I know I am working hard for this reason and that I have been wanting to learn since I was 5... :)
Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Nobility

Will someone please tell me what the guy is saying at the 30 min marker?! Silvia makes some gesture :)
Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Will someone please tell me what the guy is saying at the 30 min marker?! Silvia makes some gesture :)
Stefan Forsberg said that he is sure that they all remember the exciting feeling to be in love. And how nervous you were when your beloved comes for the first time to your home, which had to be cleaned up. Forsberg said that never before his 19 square meter apartment had looked so clean. And he is curious how it was when the queen for the first time came to the king's home (queen's gesture). That first time comes sometimes. What did the king say when they drove to courtyard, did he say "Welcome to my home, my 622 rooms and kitchen"? And maybe the king needed a little cheese and bisquits, when the queen was checking the palace and came back seven hours later. Well, it doesn't matter what title you have or where and how you live, because love treats us all equally generously.

The concert can be watched on SVT play until 14th October:
Jubileumskonsert Kungen 40 år på tronen - 14 9 21.00 SVT Play

Short video of the royal family arriving to the dinner and the concert.
Här anländer gästerna till jubileumsmiddagen Nyheter

Danny Saucedo got the royal family "dancing" with his Michael Jackson's "The Man in the Mirror"
Danny fick kungafamiljen att dansa Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

The king's life in photos on a timeline
Kungens 40 år som regent Nyheter Aftonbladet

Photos
Kungliga familjen bjöds på middag och konsert SvD

Swedish Riksdag's Jubilee Concert To Celebrate King Carl Gustaf's 40th Jubilee - Pictures - Zimbio

Tags
carl vxi gustav, jubilee, jubilee celebration, king carl gustav