King Carl XVI Gustaf's Enthronement: September 15, 1973

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its hard to believe that the king will hopefully be celebrating his Golden Jubilee next year.

If the Ceremony is held in the Parliament perpahs Queen Victoria and Prince Daniel could trive to the Riksdags building in a carriage like it was done in Denmark in 1972 where Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at last drove back from Christiansborg to Amalienborg in an open carriage (don't remember if they also used on the way to Christiansborg.

That’s possible if they do it in largely the same ritual as the Opening of the Parliament, wich i think is likely.

Then we would see a Te Deum service in the Cathedral in the mourning, followed by all the MP’s walking back to Riksdagen and resumes their work... Then the Royal Family would depart the Royal Palace for Riksdagen in carriages in the afternoon, and travel back by cars after the ceremony.

The King would lie in state in the Royal Palace Chapel and the government may meet the new Queen in a Council but apart from that i don’t think there would be any major ceremonies at the Royal Palace until after the funeral has been and the court mourning (usually 3 weeks in Sweden) have ended...

Last edited:
Its hard to believe that the king will hopefully be celebrating his Golden Jubilee next year.

They recently (much like in UK) announced a competition for students in graphic design to create the official emblem for the 50 year Jubilée next year, so the planning is already underway :)

Looking forward to the king's 50 year Golden Jubilee celebrations!

Looking forward to the king's 50 year Golden Jubilee celebrations!

Same here !! As no swedish monarch have ever reached that milestone - i really hope for all the bells and whistles ;)

Same here !! As no swedish monarch have ever reached that milestone - i really hope for all the bells and whistles ;)

Exactly and the current king has surpassed the records set by Gustaf V and Magnus IV.

Back
Top Bottom