King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday Celebrations: April 25-30, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know when the dinner tonight will be broadcasted?

The dinner will not be broadcasted.
We will see the arrivals and get pictures and but the dinner is private.

Last edited:

SVT informs that they show in the evening 20.00-21.00 a Summary of the day's celebration at the Royal Palace. The Government and Parliament deliver presents, guests arrive at the evening banquet. (The banquet will not be broadcasted).
And at 21.00-22.00 Yesterday's concert at Nordiska Museet.
These will also be seen in SVT Play in the internet, but there aren't links yet.
Så sänder SVT på kungens 70-årsdag _ SVT.se

We will see if Expressen, Aftonbladet and/or TV4 have a live broadcast of the guests arriving to the Palace.

The congratulation song to the king and the king's speech, video
Här sjunger tusentals för kungen på 70-årsdagen – se tacktalet här _ SVT Play

22 supersöta bilder på Estelle och Oscar _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
such great pictures of this royal gathering!

i loved madde's and victoria's outfits this morning. they looked simply superb. i am also happy that sofia made the morning events. and that we got to see oscar (and the always lovely estelle)! it would have been fab if leonore, nicolas and alexander were there, but i guess they wanted the attention on estelle and oscar.

great to see princess takamado again representing japan. she was in sweden not long ago for CP and sofia's wedding! she seems to be the chosen one as of late for representing japan abroad.

i loved this adorable moment of chris stroking little oscar's face. chris is such a sweetheart...

Tiaras CAN be worn tonight according to Roger Lundgren even though it is a black tie dinner ;)

That's what the invitation card stated so there may be some sparkle after all ;)

yes! i am sure if that is what is stated that the royal ladies will choose to wear tiaras.

SVT informs that they show in the evening 20.00-21.00 a Summary of the day's celebration at the Royal Palace. The Government and Parliament deliver presents, guests arrive at the evening banquet. (The banquet will not be broadcasted).
And at 21.00-22.00 Yesterday's concert at Nordiska Museet.
These will also be seen in SVT Play in the internet, but there aren't links yet.
Så sänder SVT på kungens 70-årsdag _ SVT.se

We will see if Expressen, Aftonbladet and/or TV4 have a live broadcast of the guests arriving to the Palace.

The congratulation song to the king and the king's speech, video
Här sjunger tusentals för kungen på 70-årsdagen – se tacktalet här _ SVT Play

22 supersöta bilder på Estelle och Oscar _ Svensk Damtidning

Expressen will have a broadcast. They guest begin to arrive around 18:00

Expressen will have a broadcast. They guest begin to arrive around 18:00

Expressen's live TV, and photos
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf fyller 70 år – följ firandet live här | Nyheter | Expressen

TV4 Play's live broadcast
TV4Nyheterna Live - Streama TV4 Play

Princess Anni-Frid Reuss
https://media.shootitlive.com/E9vatigj0jUjeOwsNLa9eXB11K6/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2193

Last edited by a moderator:

Love that Oscar made an appearance. He is so adorable :flowers:

I laugh at the expression on Maddie's face as Chris is taking a look at his nephew. I wonder what was said, as she has quite the bemused look.:lol:

I wish Leo and Nico were there. Leo certainly is old enough, she has come to events. And if Oscar is there, Nico could have. Would have been great to see all the grandchildren (well minus Alex who is too young).

I notice in the royal forumns little article about the balcony it says 'queen Margrethe rushed over to see her goddaughter after the balcony' when speaking about people cooing over Oscar. She is CP's godmother, not Victoria's :ermm: Harald and Beatrix are Victoria's royal godparents.

Estelle definitely knows how to handle a crowd. I love the pic of her talking with Juan Carlos. And the photo with her godmother is sweet as well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So the guests are driving towards the Palce, Mathilde is wearing a tiara:
http://media.shootitlive.com/8rMzfc13Cq5urGn6WVgc6hrAbm2/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2193
Might be strange, but I just saw a picture from princess Christina, who wasn't wearing a tiara. And I think Mary isn't tiara wearing after all too:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChTcI-IW4AAF_rn.jpg

This is the Result when on messes up wioth the dresscodes. Had they keept it white tie it would have been clear if a tiara should be worn or not.

This is the Result when on messes up wioth the dresscodes. Had they keept it white tie it would have been clear if a tiara should be worn or not.

At other black-tie events, for an example in Amsterdam, all royal ladies wore a diadem. It has nothing to do with black-tie vs white-tie. It has everything to do with the request on the invitation. And: even when the invitation was clear: it is always optional, never compulsory, to wear a diadem.

Queen Silvia wear the 'Connaught tiara.

At other black-tie events, for an example in Amsterdam, all royal ladies wore a diadem. It has nothing to do with black-tie vs white-tie. It has everything to do with the request on the invitation. And: even when the invitation was clear: it is always optional, never compulsory, to wear a diadem.
But usually black tie means no tioara. And in the swedish royal ladies have never worn tiara with black tie (only abroad) Remembver the accident at the reurn dinner at the luxemburgian State visit where Grand Duchess Maria Teresa arrived wearing a tiara but removed after the swedsih ladies arrived sans tiara.

Black tie and not white/orders because the government is host at the concert and not the royal family?!?

Black tie and not white/orders because the government is host at the concert and not the royal family?!?

This banquet is king's private party and as guests are a lot of his and queen Silvia's personal friends.

I like watching these parties, but I'm always wondering why these events lack diversity?

This banquet is king's private party and as guests are a lot of his and queen Silvia's personal friends.

So you mean his 50th and 60th birthdays had been official ones while this is a private? There were also lot of personal friends back there in 1996 and 2006, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom