The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 03-17-2016, 04:27 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
Dramaten, the Royal Dramatic Theatre, tells about the event on Monday 25th April:
An Evening on The Baltic Sea - Hope and Threats
The king's birthday is noted with a unique evening on the main stage of the Royal Dramatic Theater on Monday 25 April.
An evening on the Baltic Sea - hope and threats tells of our inland sea from a number of different perspectives. Geology and migrations, ecosystems and environmental impact, trade and outdoor activities, security policy and the future.
Among the participants are Carl Bildt, former foreign minister, Sverker Göranson, former Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Johan Rockström, professor of Environmental Science, Gunilla Herolf, researcher in the security policy and The Band of the Swedish Royal Navy under the leadership of Andreas Hanson.
The organizers of the event are The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, The Royal Society of Naval Sciences, The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences, The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the Royal Dramatic Theatre.
En afton om Östersjön – hoppfullhet och hot - Dramaten
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-21-2016, 02:14 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
The choral singing greeting on 30th April is a gift from the City of Stockholm.
- Our goal is a choir of one thousand people under the guidance of artist Caroline af Ugglas, it will be at least five hundred singers at the choir. Then we have the The Royal Swedish Army Band which begins the greeting, says Stockholm's Events Manager Roger Ticoalu.
The choirmaster is looking forward to the assignment. "I feel royal, and it will be great fun! One must celebrate birthdays in the best possible way. I think it will be so fun that the king will see my wonderful Choir for everyone", writes Caroline af Ugglas in a text message.
- The Choir and the Swedish people will be on Norrbro and the birthday child with guests will be on Lejonbacken's terrace, says Ticoalu.
But the greeting is not free.
- The gift costs about 140 000 to 150 000 SEK, which includes everything from the sound system to the orchestra, Ticoalu says.
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf fyller 70 år – här är Stockholms stads present till kungen _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-29-2016, 02:24 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
SVT sends a new documentary about king Carl Gustaf on 28th April, done by Claes Elfsberg.

Claes Elfsberg was the reporter who interviewed king Carl Gustaf and Silvia Sommerlath on their engagement day in March 1976. And now he has interviewed the king again. Elfsberg sent an inquiry about a documentary due to the king's 70th birthday to the court over a year ago. Finally the court said yes. Elfsberg tells that the program is now ready and he hasn't shown it to his bosses yet.
He hade three long interviews with the king and followed him behind the scenes during a working day.
Only a few people have known about TV project, and SVT has gone with it under a different project name - so that it would not leak out in advance. Elfsberg accompanied the king also on his travels, including on his private fishing trip.
The documentary is mostly of the king's work, not so much about privacy, explains Elfsberg who believes that what he has done is "quite unique".
- It is rare that a monarch allows a journalist to get as close as I have done. Every time we met, it became easier and easier for both of us to talk. He opened up quite a lot, and talked about the things he had not spoken about earlier. He told on how it is to be reviewed and subjected to cruelty, and how this can be felt, says Elfsberg.
The basic idea was to talk with the king about the monarch's role in Swedish society, on the developments that have taken place and how it is to be in public all the time.
- And the King is a typical 40's baby, he has no plans to stop working, says Elfsberg.
Kungens okända möten med SVT-stjärnan Claes Elfsberg _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-29-2016, 07:03 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 356
@Lady Finn - "He told on how it is to be reviewed and subjected to cruelty, and how this can be felt". Is CG going to talk about his cheating scandal in this documentary?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Lady Finn - "He told on how it is to be reviewed and subjected to cruelty, and how this can be felt". Is CG going to talk about his cheating scandal in this documentary?

Doesn't say anything about that but it does say it's more about his work than about his personal life.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 408
I read the comment is that he is addressing being scrutinized and having negative things said about him. The negative characterization that I see most about Carl Gustaf is that he is not all that smart and after that that he does not have a charismatic personality so maybe that is the "cruelty" he is addressing.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SVT sends a new documentary about king Carl Gustaf on 28th April, done by Claes Elfsberg.

Claes Elfsberg was the reporter who interviewed king Carl Gustaf and Silvia Sommerlath on their engagement day in March 1976. And now he has interviewed the king again. Elfsberg sent an inquiry about a documentary due to the king's 70th birthday to the court over a year ago. Finally the court said yes. Elfsberg tells that the program is now ready and he hasn't shown it to his bosses yet.
He hade three long interviews with the king and followed him behind the scenes during a working day.
Only a few people have known about TV project, and SVT has gone with it under a different project name - so that it would not leak out in advance. Elfsberg accompanied the king also on his travels, including on his private fishing trip.
The documentary is mostly of the king's work, not so much about privacy, explains Elfsberg who believes that what he has done is "quite unique".
- It is rare that a monarch allows a journalist to get as close as I have done. Every time we met, it became easier and easier for both of us to talk. He opened up quite a lot, and talked about the things he had not spoken about earlier. He told on how it is to be reviewed and subjected to cruelty, and how this can be felt, says Elfsberg.
The basic idea was to talk with the king about the monarch's role in Swedish society, on the developments that have taken place and how it is to be in public all the time.
- And the King is a typical 40's baby, he has no plans to stop working, says Elfsberg.
Kungens okända möten med SVT-stjärnan Claes Elfsberg _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
How very interesting! I look forward to it :)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-02-2016, 03:03 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
Svensk Damtidning has an article about the celebrations, where they claim that there is panic in the society (once again): who are invited and who are not invited?
That you are invited to some event at the birthday week doesn't mean that you are invited to celebrate the king in his birthday on 30th April. There is royalty coming all over Europe, this is a party no one wants to miss!
To the concert on 29th April at the Nordiska Museet are invited representatives of the official Sweden, but they are not invited on 30th April to the Palace. To the celebration at the Royal Palace are invited only the Bernadotte relatives and close friends. The king's sisters, for instance Bertil and Jill Bernadotte, Christian and Marianne Bernadotte from Cleveland, and many members from the Sommerlath family are invited. And from the king's friends Per and Åsa Taube, Jacob Wallenberg and Annika Levin, Agneta Kreuger and Lars Abrahamsson, all of them were invited to the king's 60th birthday.
The former staff of the court, such as Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, are invited only to Nordiska Museet. Etiquette expert Mats Danielsson is convinced that Olle and Ewa Westling, Eva O'Neill and Marie and Erik Hellqvist are also invited. If the king hasn't invited them, he has limited the party to a very small family event with only the closest, says Danielsson.

Imo the article is speculative and written in a hurry like many articles in Svensk Damtidning.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-02-2016, 07:38 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
SVT will broadcast the King's 70th birthday
- When the Swedish king turns 70, it is clear that SVT broadcasts the ceremonies. The audience expects that of us, says communications director Sabina Rasiwala.
SVT broadcasts a four-hour live broadcast in the morning of April 30, television viewers will be able to follow the celebration inside the Outer Courtyard, see choirs greetings from Lejonbacken and follow the procession to the City Hall.

TV broadcasting, April 30:
SVT1 9:45 to 13:45: King Carl XVI Gustaf 70 years
Live broadcast from the Royal Palace and the celebration of King Carl XVI Gustaf. Te Deum at the Royal Chapel, celebration at the outer courtyard, choral singing from Lejonbacken and procession to City Hall.
Hosts: Claes Elfsberg and Pernilla Månsson Colt.

SVT1 13:45 to 14:45: "Kungen 70 år – ensamt majestät"
The king tells before the 70th anniversary of how he tried to modernize the monarchy. He talks about the challenges and joys, environmental commitment and grandchildren. Interviewer: Claes Elfsberg. (Replay from 28/4)

SVT1 20:00 to 21:30: King Carl XVI Gustaf 70 years
Summary of the day's celebration at the Royal Palace. The Government and Parliament deliver presents, guests arrive at the evening banquet. Yesterday's gala performance from the Nordiska Museet.
SVT direktsänder kungens 70-årsdag - Vipåtv
Translation

Hela Sverige får vara med när kungen fyller 70 år _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-02-2016, 07:55 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Christmas Island
Posts: 6,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I read the comment is that he is addressing being scrutinized and having negative things said about him. The negative characterization that I see most about Carl Gustaf is that he is not all that smart and after that that he does not have a charismatic personality so maybe that is the "cruelty" he is addressing.
The cruelty is the lifelong exposition to the public, from the very first moment he was born. The ever-increasing intrusion via social media, the continue and often unfair comments coming and going like tsunamis on twitter, whatsapp and the likes. The ever apparent wall of stretched arms holding a phone aimed at them. Every stretched arm possibly could something hold else than a phone... The completely false and made-up stories about the royal family and the Herculean task to fight those as the public will always think: "Hmmm... where is smoke, there is fire...".
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Queen Claude's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The cruelty is the lifelong exposition to the public, from the very first moment he was born. The ever-increasing intrusion via social media, the continue and often unfair comments coming and going like tsunamis on twitter, whatsapp and the likes. The ever apparent wall of stretched arms holding a phone aimed at them. Every stretched arm possibly could something hold else than a phone... The completely false and made-up stories about the royal family and the Herculean task to fight those as the public will always think: "Hmmm... where is smoke, there is fire...".
Lifelong exposure to the public is part of being born royal especially if you are the monarch or an heir. Social media has its downside along with being scrutinized and commented on by nabobs of negativism but royals have to accept that just like they accept rapturous adulation just for showing up somewhere, smiling and unveiling a plaque.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I read the comment is that he is addressing being scrutinized and having negative things said about him. The negative characterization that I see most about Carl Gustaf is that he is not all that smart and after that that he does not have a charismatic personality so maybe that is the "cruelty" he is addressing.
King Carl Gustaf's reign has been marked my major constitutional reforms that fundamentally changed the framework under which the Swedish monarchy used to operate under his predecessors. namely:

  1. The adoption of the new Instrument of Government, which stripped the king of formal legislative and executive powers and reduced him to a purely ceremonial and advisory role;
  2. The adoption of the amended Act of Succession, which introduced equal primogeniture and also allowed non-dynastic/unequal marriages of royal princes and princesses, subject only to the consent of the government;
  3. The disestablishment of the Church of Sweden;
  4. The end of the public law status of the Swedish hereditary nobility.


IMHO, Carl Gustaf has done a superb job in "reinventing" the office of King in accordance with the new institutional framework that has emerged under his reign. In doing so, he managed to keep the monarchy a relevant institution in a reformed Swedish state where, otherwise, a republic might have looked like the natural next step.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
The document/interview of king Carl Gustaf "Kungen 70 år: Ensamt majestät" will be shown for the first time on SVT1 on Thursday 28th April at 20.00-21.00. A replay on 30th April. There isn't any info yet if it will be shown on SVT play right away too.
TV-tablå _ SVT.se

The special 70th birthday website now also in english:
http://www.kungahuset.se/royalcourt/...100913927.html
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-05-2016, 03:08 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
King Carl Gustaf's reign has been marked my major constitutional reforms that fundamentally changed the framework under which the Swedish monarchy used to operate under his predecessors. namely:

  1. The adoption of the new Instrument of Government, which stripped the king of formal legislative and executive powers and reduced him to a purely ceremonial and advisory role;
  2. The adoption of the amended Act of Succession, which introduced equal primogeniture and also allowed non-dynastic/unequal marriages of royal princes and princesses, subject only to the consent of the government;
  3. The disestablishment of the Church of Sweden;
  4. The end of the public law status of the Swedish hereditary nobility.


IMHO, Carl Gustaf has done a superb job in "reinventing" the office of King in accordance with the new institutional framework that has emerged under his reign. In doing so, he managed to keep the monarchy a relevant institution in a reformed Swedish state where, otherwise, a republic might have looked like the natural next step.
Has he? I think he has been and is a walking disaster as monarch. And after seeing him in so many scandals, interviews and the way he speaks to people, then he strikes me as a pretty cold person.

This is not a criticism of the Swedish royal family. I think Victoria/Daniel are great, both as persons and in their roles. Silvia has been a great champion of children's rights, and I really liked Lilian.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
Only the king and queen go at the cortege from the Royal Palace to the lunch to the City Hall, this has been updated to the special birthday pages at the court website. And the guest list is planned to be released on the king's birthday, tells Margareta Thorgren.

Expressen has got the military documents which reveal a series of details on the celebration of the king's birthday. 21 shots to be shot from Skeppsholmen and 43 Swedish flags shall be hoisted at the wharf to mark the birthday and the evening ends with a gala dinner at the Royal Palace.
Richard Beck-Friis, the Commandant of the Royal Palace, has filed a preliminary order to the Armed Forces regarding the King's 70th birthday. Already at the beginning of the military documents Expressen has noted that it is clear that this is a celebration much larger than previous birthdays of the king:
"HM the King turns 70 on 2016-04-30, so the celebration will be more extensive than in previous years and includes Te Deum in the Royal Chapel and the procession from the Royal Palace to the City Hall. 43 pieces of Swedish flags will, to honor the day, to 8:00 hoisted at the wharf.

The royal family's own planning reveals that the entire royal family, the king, the queen, the crown princess, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia, Princess Madeleine and Christopher O'Neill will eat lunch at the City Hall. The documents show that there is only "HM the King" going at the cortege from the Palace.
Margareta Thorgren confirms that even Queen Silvia will be at the cortege:
- Yes, there are the King and Queen Silvia.
The other family members?
- They don't go at the cortege, but get to the City Hall with other transportation, says Thorgren.
The cortege route the king and queen will be traveling, is according to documents from Mynttorget on to Vasabron and further over Tegelbacken down to the City Hall. The Military Bands are performing in some places.
Which royal guests come to the King's 70th birthday is not yet official. But a personal invitation has been sent to all the major European royal houses to come and celebrate Carl XVI Gustaf on his 70th birthday on 30 April.
- We will not go out in advance with some guests, says Thorgren.
When the royal guests will be known?
- We have planned to release the guest list on the King's birthday.
The court has decided not to communicate about if the younger members such as Princess Estelle and Princess Leonore will be present at the celebration.
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf fyller 70 år – så går firandet till _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-06-2016, 02:28 AM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 6,368
The King and Queen will take part in the 70th anniversary of King Carl Gustaf - Norway Today
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-06-2016, 03:01 AM
Yashal's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Catania, Italy
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
...
Which royal guests come to the King's 70th birthday is not yet official. But a personal invitation has been sent to all the major European royal houses to come and celebrate Carl XVI Gustaf on his 70th birthday on 30 April.
- We will not go out in advance with some guests, says Thorgren.
When the royal guests will be known?
- We have planned to release the guest list on the King's birthday.
...
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf fyller 70 år – så går firandet till _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
That's pretty late. Is that what they usually do or maybe this time is because of security reasons?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-06-2016, 03:14 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
That's pretty late. Is that what they usually do or maybe this time is because of security reasons?
The swedish royal court normally publishes the guest lists late: to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel two days before the wedding, the weddings of Madeleine and Chris, Carl Philip and Sofia a day before the wedding. The guest lists to the christening of Estelle were published a day before, to the christenings of Leonore and Nicolas on the christening day.
I think the publishing of the guest lists depends also a little of how much the press is speculating. It was known that the guest list to Victoria's and Daniel's wedding would be full with royals from all over the world, the press speculated and the court published the guest list already two days before the wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,988
BilledBladet tells, that according to the communications department of the danish royal court Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Princess Benedikte attend at king Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday party.
Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik fejrer den svenske konge _ BILLED-BLADET

The cover of Minnenas Journal (Journal of Memories), which has photos of the King's 70 years
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cd&oe=57725815
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
BilledBladet tells, that according to the communications department of the danish royal court Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Princess Benedikte attend at king Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday party.
Kronprinsesse Mary og kronprins Frederik fejrer den svenske konge _ BILLED-BLADET

The cover of Minnenas Journal (Journal of Memories), which has 70 photos of the King's life
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...cd&oe=57725815
How nice. a great royal turnout
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden, Current Events: February 2016 - An Ard Ri King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 225 02-24-2017 01:33 PM
Prince Gustaf Adolf (1906-1947) - King Carl XVI Gustaf's Father Devin Swedish Royal History 128 01-26-2017 01:04 PM
60th Birthday Celebrations of King Carl XVI Gustaf: April 28-30, 2006 rop81 King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 618 06-29-2016 01:58 PM
Suggestions for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations: April 2016 muriel King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 33 02-26-2016 04:59 AM
King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014-February 2016 JessRulz Current Events Archive 454 02-07-2016 04:13 PM




Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit camillas outfits catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge e-mail fashion poll infanta elena style kate middleton king abdullah ii king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles prince philip princess charlene hats princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria queen frederika queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion rohan september 2016 sheikha hind silva state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises