The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-01-2016, 02:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Almost 500 great photos by Robin Utrecht, also about the guests arriving to the banquet
VERJAARDAG VAN KONING carl gustaf 70 jaar DAG 2 - Images _ Robin Utrecht _ Photoshelter

And gallery by Bernard Rübsamen
Birthday King Carl Gustaf, 30-04-2016 - Images _ Bernard Rübsamen

Victoria's speech at the court Youtube

Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Reports on websites of several royal families.

Spain:
http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=12731

Norway:
kongehuset.no - Jubileum i Stockholm

Serbia:
Royal Couple at the King of Sweden birthday | The Royal Family of Serbia

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I watched most of it on Swedish television, and I enjoyed the coverage.

I also switched to Norwegian and Danish channels and they where much more critical. Norwegian television/media talks about the unpopular scandal King and empty streets in the good weather during the cortege. They don't understand that we live 2016, and that it's no longer common with large crowds during royal ceremonies.
To be fair to the Danes and Norwegians: also the Dutch program Blauw Bloed came from Stockholm and also the Dutch half-cooked-egg who is the presenter (Jeroen Snel), aided by Catarina Hurtig from Sweden, came no furtherer than the "scandals" around King Carl XVI Gustaf and "how (un)popular is he (or the monarchy)". Catarina Hurtig told that King Carl XVI Gustaf sometimes seems frustrated that media have only attention for the outfits of the Queen and the Princesses, when reporting about the Royal House. Jeroen Snel thanked Catarina and said in the camera "What did you think about the outfit of the ladies, go to the poll on our site!"

Old 05-01-2016, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

DailyMail has a seperate article with nice pictures of F&M during the birthdays celebration in Sweden:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2067646980.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2060606633.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...2067647243.jpg

Dinner:
http://media.shootitlive.com/5UH2gMe...expressen/2193
http://static.iltalehti.fi/kuninkaal...6eh_503_kg.jpg
http://imbo2.tv2.dk/users/editorial/...57d3d99cd519c1

(Think I post them here, but the Mods are welcome to move them to the correct thread)

Large picture of the royal group photo:

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....set.se.JPG.jpg
Old 05-01-2016, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
To be fair to the Danes and Norwegians: also the Dutch program Blauw Bloed came from Stockholm and also the Dutch half-cooked-egg who is the presenter (Jeroen Snel), aided by Catarina Hurtig from Sweden, came no furtherer than the "scandals" around King Carl XVI Gustaf and "how (un)popular is he (or the monarchy)". Catarina Hurtig told that King Carl XVI Gustaf sometimes seems frustrated that media have only attention for the outfits of the Queen and the Princesses, when reporting about the Royal House. Jeroen Snel thanked Catarina and said in the camera "What did you think about the outfit of the ladies, go to the poll on our site!"

Catarina Hurtig is one of those royal "experts", who should not be interviewed in anywhere. But we must also remember, that the foreign reporters that interview the swedish experts, are often asking only about love lives, children, clothes, babies... The germans make good documents also about the work of the royals sometimes.

Here is a good gallery of the guests arriving to the banquet, a lot of photos
IBL bildbyrå

From the website of the Royal Family of Romania
Vizita în Suedia a Custodelui Coroanei și Principelui Radu _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Majesty

A BB video of QMII, Benedikte, Mary and Frederik leaving Dannebrog in full party-gear for the evening party last night: VIDEO: Så smuk var kronprinsesse Mary | BILLED-BLADET
Old 05-01-2016, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Margarita of Bulgaria didn't wear a tiara last night which was a pity and looked out of place with all the other royal ladies.

The President of Icelands wife was the only one with white evening gloves too judging from the group photo.

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....set.se.JPG.jpg
Old 05-01-2016, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

SVT has put now to SVT Play the concert from Friday evening, which was shown on TV yesterday. It was a great concert (luckily swedish TV can be seen here in Finland), the king was shown an old photo of him playing trombone and joked with him a little about that. Rene Mirro sang "Mr Bojangles", which is one of the favorites of the king.
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf 70 år - Kunglig festkonsert från Nordiska museet _ SVT Play

And here is the summary program (57 min) shown also yesterday evening at SVT. There is shown also the reception in Saturday afternoon and the guests arriving to the banquet.
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf 70 år - Kung Carl XVI Gustaf 70 år - Sammandrag _ SVT Play

And here is the whole program from Saturday morning (3h 41 min)
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf 70 år _ SVT Play

All these can be seen until 30th May.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=An Ard Ri;1885385]Queen Margarita of Bulgaria didn't wear a tiara last night which was a pity and looked out of place with all the other royal ladies.

She strangely never wears one; she even didn´t at Victoris wedding where everyone was sparkling...
Old 05-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=wartenberg7;1885435]
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Queen Margarita of Bulgaria didn't wear a tiara last night which was a pity and looked out of place with all the other royal ladies.

She strangely never wears one; she even didn´t at Victoris wedding where everyone was sparkling...
Maybe she doesn't own any tiara. Who knows ?
Old 05-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Nobility

In the group photo the parents of Prince Daniel and Princess Sofia are wearing medals but Chris's mother is not wearing a medal. What are these medals?
Old 05-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
In the group photo the parents of Prince Daniel and Princess Sofia are wearing medals but Chris's mother is not wearing a medal. What are these medals?
It is King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Commemorative Medal III on the occasion of the King's 70th birthday.
Jubileums- och minnestecken - Sveriges Kungahus
Medalj.nu -Konung Carl XVI Gustafs jubileumsminnestecken med anledning av 70-årsdagen CXVIG_sJmtIII

Maybe Eva O'Neill had forgot to put it on. The foreign royal guests wore the medals already when they arrived to the banquet.
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...60430-2796.jpg
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-ge...60430-2802.jpg

Crown princess Margareta was styled at Beba's Hair and Beauty in Stockholm on Friday.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEyoyhEi...by=royal_roger
And princess Kelly at Helene Hagman on Saturday
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1Mxvay...agmanstockholm

One of the King's best friends, Carl Adam "Noppe" Lewenhaupt with wife Lee, at her beautiful hairdo.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010030...21108572214509
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE1Q3Qhx...ungen70%C3%A5r

Photo from Vicky Andrén Magnuson's Instagram: "Photobombed by brother-in-law Victor. Ready for Te Deum."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BE0RRb3R...by=vickyandren
Old 05-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Mbruno;1885441]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post

Maybe she doesn't own any tiara. Who knows ?
The bulgarian RF has several tiaras. So that can not be the reason. I think they last time she wore one was at the pre-Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg in 1993.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=LadyFinn;1885448]It is King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Commemorative Medal III on the occasion of the King's 70th birthday.
Jubileums- och minnestecken - Sveriges Kungahus
Medalj.nu -Konung Carl XVI Gustafs jubileumsminnestecken med anledning av 70-årsdagen CXVIG_sJmtIII

Is the medal all gold?
Old 05-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Speaker of the Riksdag, Urban Ahlin and Prime Minister Stefan Löfven courted April 30 HM the King on the 70th anniversary and handed Swedish people's gifts at a reception at the Palace.

The presents consists of a plate tableware and a glass tableware to be used at the head of state's representation. In the takeover has been carefully placed on the Swedish crafts and a sustainable society. Both tableware reflect the king's interest in the environment and nature.
Serviser i gåva till H.M. Konungen - Regeringen.se
Translation

Photos of the plates and glasses
Inredningshjälpen_ Kung Carl XVI Gustaf’s nya servis

Gallery from Bekia
La celebración del 70 cumpleaños del Rey Carlos XVI Gustavo de Suecia_ Galería en Bekia
Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really not impressed by the plates and glasses.
If I'm not wrong, Maxima and WA, did not attend. Not the Norway royal or cp couple.
The Spanish Royal couple did not attend the diner ? And no-one from the British Rf was there.
And no-one from the Greek Rf either. I think they are related through the Queen Anne-Marie
Old 05-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Bea was sent for the Dutch so they were well represented. This was a private birthday party. Not odd they sent CG's contemporary.

The Norweigans were scheduled to come but had to back out the last minute. There was a helicopter crash on Friday killing 13 people, and the king made the decision to only send Ari and Martha Louise.

King JC and Sofia were there for some events. They opted not to stay for the banquet. Nothing odd, often happens at these multi occasion events.

The Brits often miss events on the continent so I am not shocked.

The Greeks do surprise me. They tend to attend many of these events, and yes through Ingrid, Anne-Marie is of course related.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Only the King and the Queen of the Belgians, Queen Margarethe II ,Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Presidents of Finland and Iceland .
Not a lot of important attendance .
Old 05-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Bea was sent for the Dutch so they were well represented. This was a private birthday party. Not odd they sent CG's contemporary.

The Norweigans were scheduled to come but had to back out the last minute. There was a helicopter crash on Friday killing 13 people, and the king made the decision to only send Ari and Martha Louise.

King JC and Sofia were there for some events. They opted not to stay for the banquet. Nothing odd, often happens at these multi occasion events.

The Brits often miss events on the continent so I am not shocked.

The Greeks do surprise me. They tend to attend many of these events, and yes through Ingrid, Anne-Marie is of course related.
Anne-Marie is Carl Gustaf's first cousin just like her sisters, who were both present at the gala dinner.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Anne-Marie is Carl Gustaf's first cousin just like her sisters, who were both present at the gala dinner.
Am I missing something I said in my post she was related through her mother Queen Ingrid. Is there a closer relation you are trying to point out??

My surprise was that they were NOT there. The Greek royals usually attend the big royal events.

Quote:
Only the King and the Queen of the Belgians, Queen Margarethe II ,Prince Albert II of Monaco and the Presidents of Finland and Iceland .
Not a lot of important attendance .
It was a private family event, not a big official state occasion. There was representation from most of the major European houses (Lichtenstein, Britain and Greece and Lux are the big missing). We had the former king and queen of Spain, the former queen of the Netherlands, the Norweigan king/queen/cp couple were scheduled to attend until the helicopter crash and they were still represented. There were even Japanese royals.