The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2016, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Ideally, I'd love for both GD and HGD couples to attend but I really hope Maria Teresa is able to go. Perhaps her fear of flying has diminished or she'll have a long drive to Sweden.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Ideally, I'd love for both GD and HGD couples to attend but I really hope Maria Teresa is able to go. Perhaps her fear of flying has diminished or she'll have a long drive to Sweden.
They have also the Octave Procession on the next day where there is a Mass early in the Day.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
They have also the Octave Procession on the next day where there is a Mass early in the Day.
Good point. I didn't realize the Closing of Octave is on May 1st this year. Perhaps the Luxembourgs will only attend the 29th or send one couple to Sweden while the other stays home for Octave.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it likely Stephanie and Gui will be sent. With MT's fear of flying and the procession on Sunday, I don't see her and Henri going.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisma View Post
Good point. I didn't realize the Closing of Octave is on May 1st this year. Perhaps the Luxembourgs will only attend the 29th or send one couple to Sweden while the other stays home for Octave.
Don't know how early the first Mass is but i hope that there is perhaps a chance that they will fly back in the morning. The procession and another Mass is in the afternoon.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:05 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe Henri and Maria Theresa will attend on April 29 (if there are royals invited to the concert on 29:th) and then travel back home while Gulliaume and Stephanie travels to Sweden on April 30 ?
Old 02-27-2016, 05:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The guest list, for the gala diner on April 30th, is available at the website of the Royal Court, the language is a strange mix of English and Swedish. I have translated the royal and presidential guests, not the (extended) Swedish Royal Family.

I think that the 70th birthday gala dinner will be quite grand, thinking of the venue is the Hall of State. So the guest list will probably be more like the 50th birthday or the Crown Princess Couple's wedding, with a big turnout of sovereigns, heirs and former sovereigns.
I think we can expect a large turnout of royals but also a larger than usual turnout of personal friends and relatives.

As they have choosen to be in the state hall for the banquet i guess we can expect around 500 guests there like it was during Victoria and Daniel's wedding.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
As they have choosen to be in the state hall for the banquet i guess we can expect around 500 guests there like it was during Victoria and Daniel's wedding.
But some of them where seated in the Appartements oif the Royal Orders.

How many guests can be seated in the Hall of State. I think the only other Banquet who took plsce there apart from Victoria's Wedding was the King's 50th birthday but i think then they tables where placed different then at the Wedding.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

How many guests can be seated in the Hall of State. I think the only other Banquet who took plsce there apart from Victoria's Wedding was the King's 50th birthday but i think then they tables where placed different then at the Wedding.
I don't know how many people who are allowed to be in "Rikssalen" at the same time.

Yes i also think the Kings 50:th birthday banquet was the only other banquet there, atleast during this reign.
There was one long table in the middle then and round tables on each sides. By looking at the pictures from Victorias wedding i think it lookes like there was much more people there in 2010. But i may be wrong...
Old 02-28-2016, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

According to the royal court website, there were 558 guests at the wedding dinner of Victoria and Daniel. In addition to the Hall of State, three of the Apartments of the Orders of Chivalry were also used for the dinner, there wasn't enough room for the guests at the Hall of State.
At the Hall of State were round tables and the long table of honour for 98 guests.
Bröllopsmiddagen - Sveriges Kungahus

Svd tells at their article that there were 38 round tables.
”Jag älskar dig Victoria” _ SvD

From this photo we can see that the round tables were for 8 guests:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Another photo from the dinner
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010020...66401852212479

So, 38 tables * 8 guests + 98 guests at the long table = 402 guests at the Hall of State (and the rest at the Apartments of the Orders of Chivalry).

And here is a photo from the King's 50th birthday dinner at the Hall of State
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0600010050...66416292217391
Old 02-28-2016, 02:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i hope that means this time felipe and letizia will attend, although i think it's highly unlikely and most likely that they send sofia.
Well, they did attend Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday. So there is hope.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Nobility

Now I'm just really waiting for the Royal Court to release a jubilee monogram/logo and special website for the event. I thought that would come at the same time as the press release on the program.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Well, they did attend Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday. So there is hope.
But there wasn't the political instability in Spain then as there is now! King Felipe and Queen Letizia have not travelled away from Spain since the political crisis/negotiations started - as a matter of fact, their foreign trips have been cancelled.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

If there is still a political crisis in Spain on April 30, i don't think it is a good idea that Felipe and Letizia attends when they have recently cancelled a
State visit to UK.

Queen Sofia may attend or Spain may be represented by their ambassador.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Information on the congratulation receptions at the Royal Castle on the occasion of H.M. King's 70th birthday

Notification by letter
For the authorities, associations or organizations that wish to congratulate to the king, the scheduled times are:
Thursday 28 April
Friday 29 April
Notification for interest to congratulate the king is made by letter to the Royal Court. The letter shall indicate the name of the authority, organization or equivalent, the name/the names of the persons who intend to attend (max 4 people), as well as contact information.
Response will be sent to all those who have expressed an interest latest on 11th April.
For those who wish to congratulate the king is recommended to consider the Foundation Young Leadership that is close to the king's heart.

Any other gifts to the king can be left at the Post & Logistik, Royal Palace for forwarding to the king. Gifts to be submitted to the Royal Palace shall be labelled with the names of the donor and address.
Information om uppvaktningar på Kungliga slottet med anledning av H.M. Konungens 70-årsdag - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 03-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning tells that the invitations are out to the king's birthday celebrations, they have a photo of the invitations.
Inbjudan är ute – så blir kungens stora fest _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson has photos of the invitations at her blog too. From the photo we can see that the dress code on Friday 29th at the concert and reception after that at Nordiska Museet is "mörk kostym" = dark suit. Dress code at Te Deum on Saturday 30th May is dark suit. And the dress code to the banquet and dance on Saturday 30th May at 19.30 at the Royal Palace is "smoking" = black tie.
Kungens festinbjudan är här _ Hovbloggen
Old 03-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king's birthday celebration at the Royal Palace
Saturday, April 30th the King's birthday is celebrated in the traditional way on the Outer Courtyard, the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

Kl. 10:25 The Band of the Royal Swedish Navy marches in and performs figurative music
Kl. 10:55 The King comes out of the West Gate and go forward and receives The Royal Guards. The Royal Swedish Army Band plays parade march and the King goes into Royal Guards wing to the commandant's reception at the Commandant's Headquarters.
Kl. 11:00 The Royal Swedish Army Band performs a music program
Kl. 11.27 The King comes out in the outer courtyard
Kl. 11:30 The Royal Guards are marching in with the Life Guards Band in the lead
The Royal Guards Ceremony
Children will have the opportunity to hand over flowers to the King
Kl. 11:59 The king goes to the West Gate
Kl. 12:00 A salute with 21 shots are fired from Skeppsholmen
Kl. 12:15 The King comes out to the Lejonbacken terrace
The public has it's place on Norrbro
Choral singing
Kl. 13:00 A cortege from Mynttorget via Vasabron and Tegelbacken to the City Hall for lunch
The Scouts parade along Lejonbacken and on Stadshusbron.
The Armed Forces parade along the procession route and with the bands at Mynttorget, Centralpalatset and the City Hall.
Kungens födelsedagsfirande*på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 03-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
If there is still a political crisis in Spain on April 30, i don't think it is a good idea that Felipe and Letizia attends when they have recently cancelled a
State visit to UK.

Queen Sofia may attend or Spain may be represented by their ambassador.
A state visit is a political event, CG's birthday is a private event, would not even be listed on the official agenda. If they don't attend, I doubt its due to the political limbo.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Majesty

i get the impression it will be sofia representing the SRF at the event.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court just published a special website:
H.M. Konungen 70 år - Sveriges Kungahus