King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th Birthday Celebrations: April 25-30, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is Crown Princess Mary alone?

Johan T Lindwall thinks that Frederik takes queen Silvia to the dinner table.
EDIT: Lindwall was wrong, but Frederik is at the main table.
The President of Finland, Sauli Niinistö arrives with queen Silvia.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine in glittering gown (think it's an Elie Saab) with the Modern Fringe.

Crown Princess Victoria in blush pink with princess Lilian's laurel wreath tiara.

Princess Benedikte in her star tiara with pink gown.

Queen Margrethe II in the gown from the Dutch state banquet in 2015 (blue/lilac) with (I think) a diamond tiara.

Can we move on from the bickering and enjoy the King's 70th Birthday,several argumentative posts and replies have been deleted

The tiara i could recognize
Queen Silivia : Connaught tiara
Cerown Princess Victoria - laurel wreath tiara
Princess Madelein . modern fringe tiara
Princess Margarethe - i think her aquamarine kokoshnik
Princess Birgitta- baden fringe tiara
Priness Désuirée - Queen Louise diamond tiara
Princess Chrisntina - very difficult to recognize it resembles her stolen diamond tiara

Queen Margrethe - baden palmette tiara
Princess Benedikte - pearl and stars tiara
Crown Princess Mary - a sort of golden broosh on the one side of her hairdoo
Princess Märtha Louise. her small diamond tiara
Princess Beatrix - Württemberg diamond tiara

No tiara on Crown Princess Mary,strange seeing as the other royal ladies are wearing them?

So you mean his 50th and 60th birthdays had been official ones while this is a private? There were also lot of personal friends back there in 1996 and 2006, I think.

They were all private dinners hosted by the King and Queen.
The King decides alone how big and how official he wants them to be. The 60:th birthday dinner was a white tie event in the white sea ballroom but it was as private as this.

Princess Madeleine in glittering gown (think it's an Elie Saab) with the Modern Fringe.

Crown Princess Victoria in blush pink with princess Lilian's laurel wreath tiara.

Princess Benedikte in her star tiara with pink gown.

Queen Margrethe II in the gown from the Dutch state banquet in 2015 (blue/lilac) with (I think) a diamond tiara.

It is odd that CP Mary is not wearing a tiara when both Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte are (not to mention pretty much all the other royal ladies). She probably got confused with the dresscode and nobody in the Danish royal court bothered to advise her.

The tiara i could recognize
Queen Silivia : Connaught tiara
Cerown Princess Victoria - laurel wreath tiara
Princess Madelein . modern fringe tiara
Princess Margarethe - i think her aquamarine kokoshnik
Princess Birgitta- baden fringe tiara
Priness Désuirée - Queen Louise diamond tiara
Princess Chrisntina - very difficult to recognize it resembles her stolen diamond tiara

Queen Margrethe - baden palmette tiara
Princess Benedikte - pearl and stars tiara
Crown Princess Mary - a sort of golden broosh on the one side of her hairdoo
Princess Märtha Louise. her small diamond tiara
Princess Beatrix - Württemberg diamond tiara

Do you have a link to pictures or video ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Margareta had her aquamarines but what tiaras had Birgitta, Desirée and Christina ?

Baden Palmette om QMII ?

Nice to see Beatrix bring a big Gun ;)

Thanks for the photos and updates!:flowers:

I like the ensemble with the turquoise tiara and necklace worn by Princess Sara of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Princess Takamado's fashion choices were all right. I liked the lilac kimono.
I am surprised that Crown Princess Mary did not wear a tiara for the gala-banquet

Last edited:
It is odd that CP Mary is not wearing a tiara when both Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte are (not to mention pretty much all the other royal ladies). She probably got confused with the dresscode and nobody in the Danish royal court bothered to advise her.
Mary wore new golden aigrette.
Pic

Last edited:
Mary's new aigrette (can also be worn as a brooch I guess) & new earrings are by Charlotte Lynggaard.

Mary wore new gold aigrette.
Pic
The aigrette is not my cup of tea. The hairstyle did nothing to bring a new jewellery piece out. A usual tiara could have been a much better choice.

Margrethe, at her 75th birthday gala which was a tiara event, wore a hair ornament that to me seems to be the same type as what her daughter-in-law Mary is wearing tonight.

Last edited:
Margrethe, at her 75th birthday celebration which was a tiara event, wore a hair ornament that to me seems to be the same type as what her daughter-in-law Mary is wearing tonight.

Queen Margrethe wore her mother's Floral Aigrette tiara at her 75th birthday dinner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom