The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Scouting (Patron of Multiple Organisations)

1 to 4: Kolding, Denmark - Queen Silvia at the city hall in Kolding at the occasion of Baden Powell Fellowship Event 2003 in Denmark. Photo: Joergen Koelle www.colourpress.com

5, 6: Billdung, Denmark - King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and princess Benedikte in Legoland at the occasion of Baden Powell Fellowship Event 2003 in Denmark. Photo: Joergen Koelle www.colourpress.com
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Jørgen Hjort Denmark, Kolding 13-09-2003 Kolding Hus, Kolding Haus, Schloss, Königin Silvia, rote Teppich, Blumen, halbfigur ------ Castle of Kolding, Queen Silvia,

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 König Carl Gustaf, Pfadfinder, sitzen, gucken, Uniform ------ King Carl-Gustaf, scout

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, sitzen, nachdenklich, besorgt ------ Scout, Queen Silvia of Sweden

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, sitzen, nachdenklich, besorgt, unglücklich ------ Scout, Queen Silvia of Sweden

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 König Carl Gustaf, Pfadfinder, sitzen, nachdenklich, besorgt, Uniform ------ King Carl-Gustaf, scout

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 König Carl Gustaf, Pfadfinder, sitzen, nachdenklich, Uniform ------ King Carl-Gustaf, scout
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, Bogen und Pfeil, Bogenschiessen, sport, Freizeit ------ Scout, Queen Silvia of Sweden, archery

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, Ei, lauschen, Freizeit ------ Scout, Queen Silvia

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, sitzen, reden ------ Scout, Queen Silvia

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Gert Blume Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Königin Silvia, Pfadfinder, Bogen und Pfeil, Bogenschiessen, sport, Freizeit ------ Scout, Queen Silvia of Sweden, archery

Attached Images

Old 09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Billund, 12-09-2003 König Carl-Gustaf, Königin Silvia, Ganzfigur, Prinzessin Benedikte, Legoland ------------ King Carl-Gustaf of Sweden, Princess Benedikte, Queen Silvia

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Billund, 12-09-2003 König Carl-Gustaf, Bodyguard, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen Lego Inhaber (rote Krawatte), Legoland Direktor Mads H. Ryder (gelb Krawatte), Königin Silvia, Halbfigur, Prinzessin Benedikte, zeigen, Legoland ------------ King Carl-Gustaf of Sweden, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen owner of Lego (red tie), Legoland manager Mads H. Ryder (yellow tie), Queen Silvia, Princess Benedikte

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Billund, 12-09-2003 König Carl-Gustaf, Bodyguard, Königin Silvia, Prinzessin Benedikte, ganzfigur, Legoland ------------ King Carl-Gustaf of Sweden, Queen Silvia, Princess Benedikte

www.ibl.se - Smedegaard Denmark, Billund, 12-09-2003 Legoland: Carl-Gustaf of Sweden, Queen Silvia, Princess Benedikte.

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Konigin Silvia, bei Pfadfinder, Rettungsweste, ganzfigur, Freizeit, Sunnenbrille, Kind, Wasser --------- King Silvia, scout, lifewest

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Konigin Silvia, bei Pfadfinder, Rettungsweste, halbfigur, Freizeit, Sunnenbrille --------- King Silvia, scout, lifewest

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Konigin Silvia, bei Pfadfinder, Rettungsweste, halbfigur, Freizeit, Sunnenbrille --------- King Silvia, scout, lifewest
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Konigin Silvia von Sweden, bei Pfadfinder, Konig Carl Gustaf, zuschauer, sitzen, halbfigur --------- King Carl-Gustaf and Queen Silvia bei scouts

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Houens Odde 13-09-2003 Konig Carl Gustaf, bei Pfadfinder, Trikot, nachdenklich, halbfigur, Freizeit --------- King Carl-Gustaf, scout

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Christiansfeld 13-09-2003. Queen Silvia in the little town Christiansfeld on citywalk.

www.ibl.se - © dana press - photo: Erik Smedegaard Denmark, Christiansfeld 13-09-2003. Queen Silvia in the little town Christiansfeld on citywalk.

Attached Images

Old 09-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I looked on the WSF´s site and they don´t mention an event for yesterday in Sweden. But it could just be a mistake. I hope there are photos. You can still see the photos of Kungaparet from the WSF event in Denmark last year on the homepage
Old 09-07-2004, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Many thanks for you help. I hope also that pictures come soon from yesterday. The pictures from last year in Denmark I have seen.
Please give me the address of the homepage from WSF. Many thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Did you see these photos?

http://www.blumefoto.dk/Kongelige/Sv...20Kongepar.htm
Old 11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

King Carl Gustav of Sweden , Honorary President of the World Scout Foundation, during a session of the Scouting Partnerships for global impact in Geneva , Switzerland , Friday September 17 , 2004. The session featured interviews with World Scouting s leaders , and video-conferences with Kenya and Burundi where Scout leaders were speaking of what they are accomplishing for street children , HIV-AIDS , child health , peace and reconciliation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scout1.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	52960   Click image for larger version

Name:	scout2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	52961   Click image for larger version

Name:	scout3.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	52962  
Old 01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The King while attending the Board Meeting in World Scout Foundation (of which he is an active Honorary Chairman), the 48th Baden-Powell Fellowship in Geneva, Switzerland. 16-19 September 2004.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2004 World Scout Foundation, 48 Baden-Powell Fellowship_1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	79072   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004 World Scout Foundation, 48 Baden-Powell Fellowship_3.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	79073   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004 World Scout Foundation, 48 Baden-Powell Fellowship_2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	79074  
Old 02-25-2005, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Last Saturday (20th), only hours after the King and Queen had returned from Thailand, the Swedish Scout Council celebrated His Majesty The King's 50 years as a scout with a festive gathering.

The gathering started with the Chairman of the council holding a little speech to the gathered people, and he said:
- The King has two kingdoms; Sweden and the international scouting movement.

Honoring the 50 year marking, the King was presented with a bust of himself, made by artist Gudmar Olofsson, and the King thanked with the following words:
- I am of course honoured and moved by this celebration. Also thank you for this one, he said and turned to the bust.
- The artist and I had a good time together, and it was exciting to see it come into shape.

The King was however not satisfied with the size of his nose on the bust:
- It only became bigger and bigger the longer the work progressed. We measured it very carefully, and it turned out that it was indeed accurate...

The King continues saying:
- The fellowship in the scout core gives an enourmous strenght. There are 30 million scouts in the world. And when one is not alone, one is very strong.

He also pointed out that scouting can be a good topic for conversations at elegant dinners, should the subjects run out:
- If the conversation subjects run out, one can start to talk about scouting. It usually has a high rate of success, many people in leading positions have been scouts, and it is often a time one remembers well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	50 år som scout 2005_2.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	98534   Click image for larger version

Name:	50 år som scout 2005_3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	98535   Click image for larger version

Name:	50 år som scout 2005_4.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	98536   Click image for larger version

Name:	50 år som scout 2005_5.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	98537  

Attached Images

Old 02-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Majesty

Great photos. Thanks for posting them. I like that bust of the King. It really looks like him. Whoever did it, did a good job.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, Wednesday 20 April, the King attended and helped out during the Scout’s annual spring cleaning at Royal Djurgården in Stockholm. Picture from the Royal Court:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Scouternas vårstädning 20 apr 2005_1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	129112  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

This past weekend, on 16-17 September, the King attended the World Scout Foundation's (of which he is Honorary Chairman) meeting in England. He visited the Robert Baden Powell Gilwell Park in Essex, the "spiritual" home of the scout movement, where he inspected the places that will be used for the World Scout Jamboree in 2007, when 40 000 scouts from all over the world will go there.

Picture from the Royal Court.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This past weekend, on 16-17 September, the King attended the World Scout Foundation's (of which he is Honorary Chairman) meeting in England. He visited the Robert Baden Powell Gilwell Park in Essex, the "spiritual" home of the scout movement, where he inspected the places that will be used for the World Scout Jamboree in 2007, when 40 000 scouts from all over the world will go there.

Picture from the Royal Court.
The WSF meeting is always at this time, no? Is there a particular reason? I remember it two years ago and the king and queen not being in the best of spirits for obvious reasons.

Great photos of Silvia. I love how the pitcher is fairly close, in color, to Silvia's jacket.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of an article from Kristianstads Bladet today:

This year the King is celebrating his 50 years as an active Scout. This has been marked by several special events, and yesterday Friday 14 October – this special jubilee for marked with a leadership seminar at Ovesholm Castle in Kristianstad in Skåne County.

To mark the King’s 50 years within the Scouting movement, he has been presented with a very special gift – money for leadership education of young people. And yesterday the start meeting for this was held, and the King attended. Attending this leadership seminar were also a lot of other people, a mix with those from the Scouting movements, the corporate world and the public sector.

King Carl XVI Gustaf came directly from Stockholm; he landed at Sturup Airport, and arrived at the castle in a grey Land Rover.

- I’m convinced that the Scouts are needed more today that ever

- Today’s good leadership training within the Scouting movement deserves attention and recognition, but also needs to develop, he said, pointing at today’s multi cultural society that puts different demands on the leaders.

The King noted that the opportunity for young people to practise leadership has diminished, and that fewer people perform military service.

- Together with the corporate life and public sector, the Scouts will develop a certified leadership education that will reach a great number of young people, the King said and also pointed out that this might be of use also for other organisations.

The project with giving young people a good leadership education will also include three awards for young people in the corporate life, the public sector and voluntary associations.

- As a Scout, I have myself met people and have come to insights that I otherwise would not have come too, and as an older Scout, I understand to preserve young people’s differences. To today, I hope that I will be a part in making the foundation for supporting thousands of young people in good leadership.

The King also expressed joy for the World Scout Jamboree, the Olympics of the Scouting movements in the world, in 2011 that Sweden will host. He promised to come and visit it.

The full & original article (in Swedish) can be found here.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary & translation of a news piece from the Royal Court's website

For the King's 60th birthday in April 2006, the World Scout Foundation have ordered a "jubilee tablecloth" for the support of the scouting movement. The King celebrates 50 years as a scout this year, and next year the scouting movement celebrates its 100 anniversary.

As a special exception, the King has given his permission for the use of his personal monogram on the tablecloth, together with the scouting movement's lily symbol.

The Queen has been personally involved in the forming of the jubilee tablecloth. For every sold one, a donation will go to the King's fund within the World Scout Foundaiton.

*To read more and order the tablecloth, go here.

1: The Queen with the textile designer for the tablecloth, Diana Holstein, at Drottningholm Palace, picture by Bruno Ehr via the Royal Court's website, 2: Dr. Eberhard von Koerbe, former President of the World Scout Foundation, gives the King the first issue of the tablecloth, picture from the World Scout Foundation via the Royal Court's website, 3: The jubilee tablecloth, picture from the World Scout Foundation
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Jubileumsduken WSF 2006.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	218400  
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

GrandDuchess, thanks for the pictures. When was these pictures takes?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
GrandDuchess, thanks for the pictures. When was these pictures takes?
I don't know, the website doesn't tell us that. But I think they are quite recent, especially the picture with the Queen.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden and Eberhard von Koerber invite the sponsors of the worldwide scouts movement to a meeting in Hotel Mandarin Oriental. Munich, 31.03.2006.

from imagine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	236053   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	236054   Click image for larger version

Name:	21.JPG