King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, Current Events Part 9: May 2014-February 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone else suspect that at least one of these photos is old? Or that these photos were taken on different days? If you look you can see at least 3 different shirts worn by the king and 2 different pairs of glasses.

Does anyone else suspect that at least one of these photos is old? Or that these photos were taken on different days? If you look you can see at least 3 different shirts worn by the king and 2 different pairs of glasses.

It may be that some of the photos are old, since it is told at the article that the king is a sport fisher and because of that very interested in the future of fishing. So maybe they have put old photos of him to the story.
I like the photos anyway.

According to Aftonbladet, the king was fly-fishing on Wednesday, a day before the seminar, and got some salmon. Margareta Thorgren told that the king's grandfather taught him to fly-fishing. The king fishes a couple of times a year.
Det nappar för kungen – fiskade öring i Hemavan Nyheter Aftonbladet

More photos from Expressen
Kungens fiskelycka – så blev fångsten Nyheter Expressen

Last edited:
The king has commented the large forest fires in Sweden
Kungen följer händelseutvecklingen av skogsbranden - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

According to Annika Sönnerberg, the deputy director of the press department, the king wants to visit the area of the forest fires on Wednesday. The exact time isn't decided yet. Sönnerberg says that the king doesn't want that his presence takes the focus away from the work against the fire.
Kungen vill åka till Ramnäs - Hallsta/Sura - www.vlt.se

The forest fires are declared as national emergency.
http://www.euronews.com/2014/08/05/massive-swedish-forest-fire-is-declared-a-national-emergency/

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority here but I have always thought he was sexy. As a young man for sure, and now older, he still has got it. :flowers:

There is a black and white photo of the King topless in swimwear from the sixties that sold a magnet has ended up on a lot of swedish fridges. So you're not alone in fancying him ;)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

There is a black and white photo of the King topless in swimwear from the sixties that sold a magnet has ended up on a lot of swedish fridges. So you're not alone in fancying him ;)

Ha! :p ;)

I'm probably in the minority here but I have always thought he was sexy. As a young man for sure, and now older, he still has got it. :flowers:

As a young man, he looked very much like his son Carl-Philip!;)

As a young man, he looked very much like his son Carl-Philip! ;)

I don't see it, Moonmaiden. Carl Gustav was good looking in a distinctive way. Carl Philip I see as good looking in a more classic way ('pretty') a la Orlando Bloom. Carl Gustav was definitely more interesting to look at imo. :flowers:

Gala quotes the article of "Lübeck Nachrichten"
King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia were in Lübeck on Tuesday, they stayed in a small hotel "Hotel Anno 1216" in the old time.
The king and queen had strolled incognito through the city and eaten at "Schabbelhaus". Of course they had some bodyguards and police with them for their security. King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia left in a Ferrari from Lübeck.
Schwedisches Königspaar Geheimtrip nach Lübeck GALA.DE
Translation

"They had booked three suites and two single rooms, but under a different name. Until the evening I did not know who's coming", says hotel owner Dagmar Simon. The true identity of the guests was only revealed when the bodyguards shortly after 21 clock on Monday stood in the foyer. "We have to inform you that we are with the King and Queen of Sweden! Madness! That was now close", admits the 43-year-old hotel manager.
Mayor Bernd Saxe was informed. Saxe is pleased that the Swedish Royals travelled in Lübeck. However, private - so there was no public appointments, no one should know about it. Even the police were involved. "We have protected Carl Gustaf and Silvia protected in our way," confirms spokesperson Anett Dittmer.
"They were incredibly warm, friendly and so natural," says Dagmar Simon. The hotel manager recommended the Schabbelhaus for the dinner. Roberto Rossi and his team fell from the clouds, about 22 clock the royal couple came along with entourage. "I have recognized Silvia at once," says the Italian chef. The monarch wanted to sit in the middle of the action. And so the king and his wife and two friends took the large window table.
Queen Silvia had dreamed of Labskaus. But the chef is Italian. Monkfish with potatoes, spinach and carrots were instead ordered. There was a bottle of Pinot Noir and a bottle of Black Print. "As an aperitif the queen orderd Campari-O and the King Gin and tonic," says Gunnar Poesche who served the royal guests on Monday evening. "They were very nice people, just normal, not like royalty," says the waiter. "I've talked about wine with Silvia. Finally, we said goodbye with a handshake, and they gave me an autograph". When it comes to tip the couple was generous: 20 per cent of the total bill.
On Tuesday, they walked still in the sunshine through the old town. "Our stay was unique - very special and unique," the couple said as their goodbye.
Königspaar incognito zu Besuch Aus dem Land Schleswig-Holstein - KN - Kieler Nachrichten
Translation

Last edited:
:previous: the article is very interesting especially for all us royal fans:flowers:

But I have to say that I 'm feeling a little unconfortable because everything about a private trip were revealed.... too much details such as how many bedrooms they got:ermm:

:previous: the article is very interesting especially for all us royal fans:flowers:

But I have to say that I 'm feeling a little unconfortable because everything about a private trip were revealed.... too much details such as how many bedrooms they got:ermm:

I agree. Even the amount of the tip was revealed. Where is the discretion, the respect for the privacy of the guests? My paternal grandparents have a hotel and really, I can not imagine for any second they would ever, ever reveal what guests said, what they did, what food they ordered, what drinks they loved. This is such a basis principle.

:ermm: :sad:

The members of the Dutch royal family have their annual wintersport in Gasthof Post in Lech am Arlberg (Austria), for more than 60 consecutive years, always the same hotel. Never ever the family Moosbrugger (the owners of Gasthof Post) has revealed anything than the commonplace generalities as "they are lovely people", "it is a honour to have them as regular guests" and that was it. No matter how the (Dutch, German, Austrian) media stressed, begged, tried. I am sure it is this knowledge that they can rely on their discretion why their royal guests return for 6 decades in a row.

I hope King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia never grace that hotel in Lübeck again, those blabbermouths there do not deserve it...

:flowers:

Last edited:
I agree. Even the amount of the tip was revealed. Where is the discretion, the respect for the privacy of the guests? My paternal grandparents have a hotel and really, I can not imagine for any second they would ever, ever reveal what guests said, what they did, what food they ordered, what drinks they loved. This is such a basis principle.

:ermm: :sad:

The members of the Dutch royal family have their annual wintersport in Gasthof Post in Lech am Arlberg (Austria), for more than 60 consecutive years, always the same hotel. Never ever the family Moosbrugger (the owners of Gasthof Post) has revealed anything than the commonplace generalities as "they are lovely people", "it is a honour to have them as regular guests" and that was it. No matter how the (Dutch, German, Austrian) media stressed, begged, tried. I am sure it is this knowledge that they can rely on their discretion why their royal guests return for 6 decades in a row.

I hope King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia never grace that hotel in Lübeck again, those blabbermouths there do not deserve it...

:flowers:

Indeed... I thought that discretion was the main feature of hotel owners:ermm:

Wonderful cars, I liked the little monogram with crown on one of the oldtimer Volvo's.

Last edited:
:lol:I don't think he likes having his picture taken, anywhere, anytime, anyplace...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom